Wow. KPT2 disappointment

rcoe

I was all in to using t2's, which are not airy, but the switch to the Davide was easy for me, airy but very good. I only have 1 T2 left because I just don't want them anymore.

Edited by wizard46304

You may want to change your coil. It's not "normal", but when my Davide's coil is getting ready to go belly up, it gets way airy. And on this batch of kpt2's that I got in, one of the original coils was bad, evidently, and the draw was so tight it was like trying to suck start a harley.

I've not had the wobbliness with the drip tips at all on the KPT2 - although on the Davide, it wobbles pretty well.

Edited by spydre

The Davide mini is airy as well. You change the drip tip and it gets tighter. I also cover one of the holes at the base and it tightens up perfectly. Only on the Davide mini you'll find three air holes, which you can easily cover to get it to the desired tightness of draw. :)

on the bottom of the tank are 2 channels for air , if you block one up with say stick tack , or play dough or whatever you should have less airy draw .

also , my drip tip fits very snuggly ,if your is loose that could make it airy as well .are you using the beauty ring ? if that isnt on all the way that will also make it more airy .

I agree. I use my Vivi Nova much more than my KPT for this very reason.

Me too Jeff. I already had a Davide in my cart to buy on payday. But I did not know they are as airy, if not more airy, then the KPT. I used the one that I won in the contest a couple of days but it was just too airy. So I have been using the very first tank I bought when I started vaping, my Vivi Nova. I really like everything about it so I don't know why I keep wanting to change to get better. The only thing I would change about the Vivi nova is it not having the bottom coil. So I have bought some of the mini Vivi Novas hoping I won't have to swirl my juice to keep it tasting good.

Me too Jeff. I already had a Davide in my cart to buy on payday. But I did not know they are as airy, if not more airy, then the KPT. I used the one that I won in the contest a couple of days but it was just too airy. So I have been using the very first tank I bought when I started vaping, my Vivi Nova. I really like everything about it so I don't know why I keep wanting to change to get better. The only thing I would change about the Vivi nova is it not having the bottom coil. So I have bought some of the mini Vivi Novas hoping I won't have to swirl my juice to keep it tasting good.

lol 'Im the opposite ! I have 2 nova minis and I really dont like them that much . I love my kpt2 and davides ! even though I have broken them I will just keep glass replacements around because I cant be without them .

I'm there. The Vivi Nova to me is like sucking a milkshake through a tiny straw. KPT 2 is a little too tight for me but I like it with 1.8ohm coils.

Yes, I'm very happy since I bumped down to 1.8 ohm coils.

Just wondering, why 1.8 coils?

Oh, and as for the "wobbliness" of the KPT 2 drip tip - I think it may be a manufacturing defect in the one you bought. Dropped my Zmax, and only the drip tip hit my desk (okay, it was a replacement drip tip made out of plastic) didn't wibble or wobble when it hit, but it broke clean in two where it plugged into the KPT2! Hubby about had a cow on me, lectured me on carrying multiple things in my hands when I have tremors, and all that, and told me I was lucky the Zmax still worked. But the Zmax landed harmlessly in my chair, the only thing that hit was darned drip tip. Good thing I still had a spare drip tip that was much cooler looking. :P

Edited by spydre

Maybe it's in my head but I think 1.8ohm coils loosen the draw a bit and now that I am vaping wattage I am liking 1.8s in my fruity or sweet flavors and 2.2s and 2.5s in my mints.

I have yet to have a 1.8ohm coil however that reads below 2.0 on my Vamo it seems KPT coils run a little higher than marked at the lower level. 2.2s are usually 2.3 out of the box but every 2.5 has read 2.5. Weird, and I go through some coils. When they get gummed up I and start to have that funny half burned taste I toss them and pop in a new one. On tanks I use a lot usually I use about a coil a week or thereabouts.

Maybe it's your juice!!!!lol Notice everyone has their own preference, or maybe just comfortable. Draw issues yes, but flavor.....Also depends what your putting that tank on top of... If your on a vamo, tesla etc, up the watts and run 2.2-2.5s if your on a spinner or twist 2.2... But on a standard 3.7 device you'll get the best with the 1.8