Is your e-liquid AEMSA certified?

Is your favorite juicemaker AEMSA certified? After recieving some really bad, I mean terrible, I mean so freaking bad I had to call the maker and ask WTF is in that juice? So after some great vapes and good discussion, I have made the decision to only buy liquid from AEMSA certified labs, with a few exceptions....

The purpose of these Standards is to create a responsible and sustainable practices and process for the safe manufacturing of e-liquids used in electronic cigarettes. Our members believe we have a responsibility to self-regulate the e-liquid manufacturing process based on professional criteria. AEMSA aims to accomplish this by creating, implementing and upholding standards for the manufacture of e-liquids. One of AEMSAs primary goals is to provide consumers with higher degrees of confidence our members products are manufactured with professionalism, accuracy and safety

AEMSA standards are established based on the following Core Beliefs:

We have a responsibility to verify the accuracy of any nicotine content in the products we distribute.

We have a responsibility to ensure the quality and safety of all ingredients in our e-liquids.

We have a responsibility to prepare our products in a clean, sanitary and safe environment.

We have a responsibility to ensure our products are packaged and delivered in a safe manner.

We have a responsibility to provide a level of transparency into the monitoring and verification process.

"The Charter Members of AEMSA decided to create an organization to facilitate, develop and self-regulate standards designed to provide consumers with much higher degrees of confidence in the manufacturing processes of these products. AEMSA advocates the responsible and professional approach to the manufacturing process and hopes to contribute to, and assist with, the actual regulatory formation of reasonable, effective and sustainable regulations for the manufacture and distribution of American made e-liquids in the marketplace."

Charter Members

BlueMist Vaping Hot Vapes iVape / JP ventures LLC Juicy Vapor, LLC Kalamazoo Vapor Shop Mister-E-Liquid NicVape NicQuid Texas Select Vapor VaporCast

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure how much credence I would put in a governing agency over standards that was started and is run by companies that are inherently in competition with each other. It may be all with good intentions, but the lack of names on the list of top notch suppliers like VapeDudes, Sweet-Vapes, Fuzion Vapers, Mt Baker Vapors (Ok I dont like this one but a lot do) and others held in very high regard I most likely will not pay much attention to their ratings. Just my 2 cents.

I didn't mean to sound so harsh, but its kind of like a group of businesses of any type getting together and making a non profit group to say their business is "certified" in some way. The only thing I trust less than politicians when it comes to full disclosure and honesty is corporate America.

If there is to be an agency to regulate and ensure quality and consistency, imo, it should be comprised of those completely separated from the benefit of profitability for their ratings. That doesn't appear to be the case here.

Edited by bcartervol98

There is way to many bathtub mixers out there, how do you know when your shopping? Yes you can get reviews off VT. Almost all industry has some sort of association to assist and ensure product and profitability every car dealer belongs to one also b.

And when you have the ability to see data, you will find that your top notch suppliers might make good juice, but nowhere near the volume of others.

Your probably throwing a hissy cuz your vape dudes haven't received this designation, and that's okay

LOL Hissy. I will just jump out of the discussion about this. I feel like I know better than to put too much stake in this, but felt I had to interject so complete and total noobs wouldn't read this and put too much credence in this agency or its ratings. They should understand these are liquid manufacturers, for the most part some I have never even heard mentioned anywhere, who have formed this group. This is not some impartial third party ratings agency like JD Powers or Consumer Reports would be with regard to other items. Everyone has to find their own comfort level with what they ingest and if this makes one feel better then by all means pay attention to it. I am just providing a counterpoint.

I am approached every day by at least one agency offering their stamp of approval for my business and our business practices, for a nominal fee of course.

It's a starting point. At least they are trying to help the industry and it's issues.( you know the spiel "how do you know what's in there?) Yes not everyone has signed on, but they will. I think I would rather have well informed people from our industry to try and put something together that makes sense, than the government, that would not. But I guess the rest will sit back, do nothing and wait for the FDA or Mayor Bloomberg to shut them down.

It's a starting point. At least they are trying to help the industry and it's issues.( you know the spiel "how do you know what's in there?) Yes not everyone has signed on, but they will. I think I would rather have well informed people from our industry to try and put something together that makes sense, than the government, that would not. But I guess the rest will sit back, do nothing and wait for the FDA or Mayor Bloomberg to shut them down.

I agree with this 100%

I deal with juice suppliers that have been around for years and are widely accepted as reputable by the community. At the moment I don't really care about a fledgling standards org. I got my fill of vape paranoia at ECF. Where was all the paranoia when we were smoking cigarettes?

Depending on your age ( I'm way over 50 ) you knew that they were bad for you before you picked up your first analog. Anyone that could truly say they didnt know is already dead. I was paranoid...I smoked American Spirts for decades, found them in New Mexico in my 20s before they went nationwide no filler no adds no bs, and some completely organic, if you know anyone still sucking stinkies, make them at least change to this brand or an equivalent . If I would have smoked cigs from the standard corporate big brands I would have died a long time ago.

It's time for standards in the industry. If the industry doesn't start doing it, the government will. And this shows that the industry is willing to do it themselves...so maybe less will come down from the man.

Depending on your age ( I'm way over 50 ) you knew that they were bad for you before you picked up your first analog. Anyone that could truly say they didnt know is already dead. I was paranoid...I smoked American Spirts for decades, found them in New Mexico in my 20s before they went nationwide no filler no adds no bs, and some completely organic, if you know anyone still sucking stinkies, make them at least change to this brand or an equivalent . If I would have smoked cigs from the standard corporate big brands I would have died a long time ago.

It's time for standards in the industry. If the industry doesn't start doing it, the government will. And this shows that the industry is willing to do it themselves...so maybe less will come down from the man.

Unfortunately , the flame inhibitor is the equivalent to carpet glue ,. So while there may not be anything "added to the tobacco" they sure added crap to the papers :( to keep it from burning .

My liquid is not certified. But I take the utmost care when mixing. I make sure all my stuff sits in closed containers, is sterilized with alcohol swabs, I wash my hands and the table before I put on latex gloves. Then i mix the juice with the same pg and VG as is used from vape dudes and sweet vapes. My flavors are all listed as to who makes them so there are no surprises.... So what's the big deal?

I will most likely be influenced very little by an AEMSA certification.

But I will be heavily influenced by an VTMMR ('Vapor Talk Multi-Member Recommended') certification.

Yes, it only applies to flavor, not ingredients, but it's all we got.

No doubt, all the goals, or 'responsibilities' listed in the OP are great and noble, and yes it is a start, but it is an 'honor system'. As in anything, without an enforcer to administer punishment when rules are broken, it is wishful thinking. And even when there 'is' an enforcer......what keeps 'it' from being influenced 'not to enforce'.

In any business, 'word of mouth', or a personal referral, is the best advertiser. I will give preference to the 'personal referrals' I find here, from people who have no bias, over any 'industry determined' standards.

And unless they are fools, the makers will give it preference too........or go bye bye.

My liquid is not certified. But I take the utmost care when mixing. I make sure all my stuff sits in closed containers, is sterilized with alcohol swabs, I wash my hands and the table before I put on latex gloves. Then i mix the juice with the same pg and VG as is used from vape dudes and sweet vapes. My flavors are all listed as to who makes them so there are no surprises.... So what's the big deal?

I thought your juice carried the IMEDICX90 certification.

In theory certification is a good thing. I hope to see more e-liquid suppliers adopt excellence standards. That said I'm pretty happy with the vendors I currently use on a regular basis. They're very transparent in their business practices and offer great customer service. As I branch out little by little to DIY juices I doubt I'll notice if a vendor is certified or not.

Just because it is AEMSA certified doesn't make it good e liquid...that's almost as bad as saying that a product is good because it is FDA approved.

You just made the point I was trying to make much better than I did lol.

Just because it is AEMSA certified doesn't make it good e liquid...that's almost as bad as saying that a product is good because it is FDA approved.

But, but ,but those suppliers are paying $450 a month to say they are AEMSA certified. That must mean they are good right? :horse:

What Kerk said about the honor system is how I feel about any manufacturer that touts a more or less meaningless certification badge.

The certification does become meaningful when:

1 - There is regular oversight by the standards org - vendors carrying the cert are periodically audited for compliance

2 - Penalties for lack of compliance

Without 1 & 2 the cert is meaningless.