Hello everyone

Hello everyone of course im new here and wanted to ask a question. I have been a firefighter for 13 years and want to get my health in check. I was a smoker for 10 years and quit cold turkey 7 years ago. For some reason I started smoking black and milds recently (3 years). I want to stop those also because i do occasionally inhale. I was wanting to maybe try the vapor side of things to just slowly quit. I dont know if anything is adjustable or even how much nicotine i am putting into my system on a daily basis.I figured I would try here first because everyone here uses the product and knows them well. Thanks

Welcome!

I'm only a few months into vaping, but for me, it was an instant quit method, and I've not even thought about a cigarette since (I was good for at least a pack per day).

Regarding nicotine, it is added to whatever juice you select in varying strengths.

For me, 18mg was a good start coming from a pack of "M" lights a day (I could've lived with a little stronger at first, tbh), and I've since stepped down to 12mg.

Pretty much any juice vendor can accommodate 0 to 24mg of nic by volume. Anything higher than 24mg, to my knowledge, can be risky and seems to be for use "at your own risk".

Cheers & good luck!

My problem is that I can some days smoke 5 B&M's and have no clue on how much nic is in one to even start looking at devices. I dont get the nic cravings like i did when i smoked cigs. I can go a full few days no problem. I have gone 2 weeks without when sick but always go back to them for some reason. I know its probably a mental thing. I have tried to look up how much nic is in a cigar but i get the most outrageous answers possible. I have seen they are equal to 3 cigs and all the way up to 200mg of nic. This is why i am confused. I know this is a forum for cigs, but im just lost here.

Unfortunately, I won't be much help in the realm of equating tobacco to juice content. My only reference is my own experience.

That being said, the gear you decide to purchase is irrelevant to the strength of your juice. You can vape 0mg today, and 20mg tomorrow with the same ecig (or change them between tokes, for that matter).

I'd suggest choosing a reliable setup first, and sampling juices in flavors that interest you, in varying strengths. Since you're not a heavy smoker, I'd bet 10 - 14mg would be a good starting point, but I've learned it all really boils down to personal preference and trial-and-error.

Whatever you choose to try is going to be a welcomed change from the tobacco as far as your lungs are concerned!

This isn't a big problem. First you need a kit, batts clearos chargers etc. then you need to get a few, small samples in varying strengths. Find the one that meets your needs, find a flavor you can enjoy, many have a big cigar flavor available..DONT buy big bottles till you found a fave. I'd buy a 24 and a 16/18, and see how that goes...

If you've been smoking cigars I'd definitely go with some 24 mg juices. You'll also want some in 18 mg, 12 mg and maybe even some 6 mg. A very loose comparison would be:

24 mg = full flavor cigarettes

18 mg = medium

12 mg = lights

6 mg = ultra lights

If it were me I'd go with either a 50 PG/50 VG ratio or a 60 PG/40 VG until you know more of what you want. The more PG = more throat hit, better flavor delivery, thinner juice. The more VG = a little sweeter (not much and you probably won't even notice this at first), more vapor, thicker juice (with thicker juice you run a higher chance of gumming up your wicks faster making any clearomizer not work as well for as long as a juice higher in PG).

Go with a variable voltage battery like an eGo Twist or a Vision Spinner. This way you can increase the voltage depending on your juice. Some take a higher voltage to taste their best while others take lower. My fruit flavors like lower while my bakery flavors taste better/better throat hit at higher. Start low and turn up a little at a time until it starts tasting burnt then back it down 'til it tastes good to you. My preference is the Vision Spinner. You can find one at the Vapor Talk Market Place. Brian, the owner of The Veteran Vaper, has a Vision Spinner available and come very highly recommended here on the forum by everyone who has done business with him, myself included. He answers all questions and is a wealth of patience and information.

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/vision-spinner-1300mah-variable-voltage-battery/

Pick up a charger, an AC adapter, several clearomizers so you can fill with different flavors and/or nicotine amounts and you should be set. I used to smoke a pack of Marlboro Lights a day but started with 24 mg to get off the things. I then went down to 12 mg, then 6 mg. These days I mostly use around 12 but keep some 24 handy in case I need a hit but don't have time to vape long. When I'm chain vaping I go from 0 - 12 and anything in between.

Good luck! :)

Has anyone had any experience with the govista site? I am really looking into this to stop my habit.

I'm curious why you think you need this plan over just getting some gear and going for it. Frankly the plans don't look that great and as you get experience you will likely buy more things and end up spending beyond this plan as well. What are your thoughts?

Well i dove in and purchased an ego. I got the regular battery kit with a vivi nova v10 tank. I picked a few small sizes of flavors to get me started to see what i like. Hope this will aid me on my way to quitting smoking. Thanks for all the suggestions. I am sure going to post my progress.

I figured I would only take a draw or two when a feeling hit me. I tried last night to count how many times i took a draw on a cigar and it was about 15 or so. I always drink a ton of water so that is not a problem. I think if i take the same amount of draws as normal with a lower nic level i should be ok. Is that true?

I must say that after using this a few times today I have no want to pick up a cigar. I probably could have gone with the 12mg bottle. I find im taking a few draws and shutting it off then wanting more about 30 min later. Im sure ill figure things out with the help of all the very wise members here. Thank you all for the advise. I know there are many vendors of the liquid, but who should I go with? Thanks

i vape all the damn time, more than i did with smoking stinkies. but i never turn my battery off, im always charging atleast 1 battery a day and never leave without both batteries, juices and several ce6's and my kpt.

I am really thinking i enjoy vaping more than having a stinky black and mild in my hand. No smoke coming back and stinging your eyes plus i can vape around other people and not worry about the embarrassment of the smell. I just came back from a fire call and took it with me. I went in with a bottle on in the house and it felt like my lungs were lighter somehow. I know its just been over 24 hours since my last cigar. Maybe its all in my mind, or i just really want this to work. I know it will take time for my lungs to heal especially from inhaling non filtered cigars. I cant thank everyone enough for the awesome advise that I have been given. Maybe I will make a thread of my travels thru quitting and how i feel and perform weekly, who knows. I just know that this is not a step backwards from smoking, its a clean step forward to better health and well being. Thank you all again.

Just to edit. It looks like i went thru about 2mil of fluid today. How much fluid does anyone else go thru. I just dont want to overdo it.

Edited by loneranger721981

You will notice some changes pretty quick in the body. Not surprised you geel better already.

I have a good friend who lives up 3 flights of stairs. I went over there today, lugged up my guitar and amp. Its only been 3 1/2 months and I wasn't winded at the top of the steps. That was huge for me.