Hello everyone

I was wondering why i was not getting the amount of think vapor that i have seen on videos and such. The bottle i ordered was 80/20. I guess i should go and find something i like that is 50/50. I am finding myself closing one of the holes to get a better draw and vapor.

You'll see a huge diff in 50/50. It'll be smoother though with less throat hit. I used to want that big throat hit but it's just not important to me now. I found 80/20 unsatisfying in the vapor deparrtment. 60/40 is a nice compromise

Just to edit. It looks like i went thru about 2mil of fluid today. How much fluid does anyone else go thru. I just dont want to overdo it.

For everyone it's a different amount -- just like when we smoked analogs -- it also depends on how high a nic ratio you're using.

When I smoked I went through about a pack of Marlboro Lights a day. Some days more some days less. Now, I vape around 12 mg but go down to 6 or even 0 when I'm chain vaping. The 12 mg I can go through 4 - 6 ml on a bad day. The 0 - 6 can be around 3 - 6 when chain vaping. If it's a less stress kinda day I drop down to around 2 - 4 ml.

Everyone is different and some don't vape much at all. Some chain vape all day and can go through 10 ml easy. It all depends on what works for you. :)

I figured I would ask. I changed the tank over to cherry from mt dew. I cleaned the wicks and such but everything tastes burnt. How can I correct this on a vivi nova 10?

Sounds like you might need to change the coil/wick. In my experience, once it starts tasting burnt you can't get the taste out. Hopefully, someone else will chime in to give you a fix it solution, though. This is why I keep all kinds of back ups and extra coils and wicks around. I hate having to wait for an order to come in so I can vape. Also, it's easier and more convenient to keep separate tanks with their own flavor so all you have to do is change the clearomizer when you want to change flavors.

I took it apart and the wicks are not too bad, but the coil is gunked up. I dont know if i can soak this in rubbing alcohol or something similar because i dont have any vodka. I have rum but i dont think that would work.

Just to edit here. I looked at some videos about how to clean all the gunk off your coil and decided to do a dry burn run and risk it. Keep in mind I do not have anything extra yet, only ordered it today :). I kinda scraped the coils with a toothpick to see what was going on and oh my god the black crud that came off the coil was unbelievable. I slowly started to heat the coil with 3 sec on, 3 sec off until it started glowing red. The smell that came off was as bad as the taste. I rinsed it with water and did it one more time just to make sure everything was gone. I refilled with cherry and let it sit for about 15 min to get the wicks taken care of. I think the wicks are a gonner because the taste is a ton better, but i still get the burned aftertaste. I guess I will just have to wait until my new stuff gets here to see what the cherry really tastes like. I ended up buying an mt3 from VT store. I hope it comes with all the parts to run with.

Edited by loneranger721981

You can make a cheap wick out of cotton embroidery floss. It's my preferred wick. I only use cotton. I actually take my coils and rip them apart straight out of the package and replace the silica wick with a cotton one. :) I should make a video for when this question comes up again. Lol.

Thanks for the info. I think I might get a bundle and see if I can get some wire from ebay and make my own replacements. Do i have to get white? Im electronics savvy so it should not be too hard. I already have the meters to test them. I think I can pull apart my novas wick portion. I just have to wait for new heads. Not going to destroy my only one.

I have a vivi nova and after about a week the coils are all gummed up and it was getting difficult to get a good hit and it tasted horrid. I did a dry burn and took a few hours off it and it was working for as new maybe even better. That was a week and a half ago and it's still going strong. I change my flavor every night and clean it out and do a dry burn.

I just went back to the cherry flavor and forgot it was 12mg instead of the 6 i am used to right now. It slapped me right in the face and now im nauseous and stuff. I only took 2 draws from it too. I don't think this cherry was to make it my way. I guess i ordered it for nothing. Then again maybe im just a little dehydrated, who knows.