Almost Ready to Purchase First Ecig!

Grant951

Hello everyone. I posted on here about a month ago. I finally got all my backed up bills paid off since I got my new job and I believe I am just abouy ready to start vaping!

I am going to go with the ego c for my battery (unless anyone has any better suggestions). What mAh rating or whatever should I go with though? What are the differences?

I am also going to go with the clearomizers (the 5 pack replaceable long wick ones).

What else do I need? Besides ejuice of course. Also what is a good site for ejuice? I'd like to try lots of different flavors, the more customizable the better!

i would caution you against the clearo's you are gonna buy. try these http://www.theveteranvaper.com/ego-2-4ml-cc-long-wick-changeable-coil-clearomizer/

and i personally prefer a VV battery (variable voltage) and i usually want the longest time span available so go with a 1300mah or something similar.

and you can get ejuice from hundreds of sites!

http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/#what's-new!

http://goodprophets.com/home.htm

http://www.thevaporroom.net/eliquids.html

http://www.diyflavorshack.com/

http://www.vapedudes.com/

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/

those are just some of the more popular sites that i shop at and many other forum members shop at. personally i prefer vapor room and johnson creek. bcartervol98 loves vape dudes. and Jeffb loves sweet-vapes and vape dudes. so try them all out. :)

Hello everyone. I posted on here about a month ago. I finally got all my backed up bills paid off since I got my new job and I believe I am just abouy ready to start vaping!

I am going to go with the ego c for my battery (unless anyone has any better suggestions). What mAh rating or whatever should I go with though? What are the differences?

I am also going to go with the clearomizers (the 5 pack replaceable long wick ones).

What else do I need? Besides ejuice of course. Also what is a good site for ejuice? I'd like to try lots of different flavors, the more customizable the better!

1. MAH: I say go for as much as you can get. Eventually you will have several different ones most likely. I have 2 Vision Spinner 1300mah, 2 EgoT 1000mah, and 2 Ego mini 400mah in my arsenal and use them all at different times. The Spinners are great for higher voltage tobacco and coffee flavors and with larger appliances like the Kanger Pro Tank or Vivi Nova tank. I am using the standard 1000mah more than anything else, seems to be right in my wheelhouse as far as voltage goes. I vape a lot, and they last about 24-30 hours on one charge and charge in about 3 hours. I just got the 400mah, they charge in about an hour and a half and last me about 6-8hours (too soon to tell an actual time, first one is still going that I put on at about noon but I can tell it is about to die)

2. Liquids: I only order from 2 sites. Sweet-Vapes.com and VapeDudes.com. You will get countless recommendations on this, as everyone has a unique palate. Some liquids people love are vile to me and vice versa. I find Dekang disgusting, Evo from Nicapure about the same, and am not a fan of Mt Baker Vapors even though a lot of people love them. This is where you will spend the most money imo, finding what you like. I have probably given away 1000ml+ of liquids I tried and didnt like. Also you have to find what mixture you like. Most places standard is 50% PG ad 50% VG but I like more PG so I order 70-30 and 80-20 depending on which supplier and what they offer. Also nic levels. I use 24mg exclusively but smoked light analogs. The 16-18mg just didnt do it for me, still doesnt. I want a strong throat hit over a huge cloud of vapor, even though I get a ton of vapor from my higher PG mixtures.

3. Clearomizers: I prefer Kanger products over anything else I have tried. The T2 is my favorite all day appliance, but the Pro Tank is the bomb but expensive, heavy, and fairly easy to break if dropped.

4. What else do I need? I think you need at least 2 batteries, a charger (I have 4 one for home, one for work, one for the car, and one for the boat) and a case.

I made this thread a while back, it may help you.

Happy Vaping and welcome to our world!

Are both the cartomizers you guys recommended good for trying out new flavors? I am a person who likes to change things up. I constantly switch cig brands.

And I am slightly confused on the throat hit vs cloud size. Which mixture gives you which? I'd like a pretty good sized cloud but also a good throat hit (I smoke full flavors). Don't some of the cartomizers only work with certain mixtures?

I'll probably go with 2 1300 mAhs. What is the battery life like on those? And why does the voltage matter/what does it do?

I easily get 24 hours out of one if those in the starter kit, guess it depends on how much you vape. Of course I mean 24 hours clock time not camping time. It's almost exact too. If I put one fully charged on at 5pm it is within 30 minutes or so of 5pm the next day when it flashes dead.

Alright first of all you should know

Atomizer is the component that heats up the juice to make the smoke

Cartomizers are cartridges you can place on the top some are refillable and some aren't. They hold anywhere from .8ml to 1.8ml of fluid.

Clearomizers are tanks that usually hold about 2.4ml of fluid that are rewickable and you can't change the atomizer or coil(same thing different term for atomizer)

Tanks are usually over 3ml of capacity and have a rewickable and you can replace the atomizer. The biggest thing about a tank over a clearomizer is the capacity and sometimes the stuff it's made of such as Pyrex, stone, stainless steel,etc,

As long as you have the threading on your battery you can use any tank, clearo, atty, or carto. The most popular are 510 and ego threading you should have both on that battery set up. Also the clearos and tanks are all refillable with e-juice. Handy for long days at work or out on the town. :)

For mah, get the most you can get with the kit. Most kits I've seen top out around 900mah and that's a pretty good battery. My 900mah will last through 3 1.6ml CE4 clearomizers which is usually enough to get me through most of the day. For variable voltage, I wouldn't recommend anything less than 1100mah or more. My 1100mah at 4.2v will only last through 2 of CE4 clearomizers before needing a charge, so bigger is definitely better when you are going with a VV battery.

nah you can try whatever mixtures you want. i would say if its a matter of flavors... keep like flavors together. fruits, mints, deserts, candy, etc.

but you can try whatever pg/vg mix you want and see if it works for you. if it doesnt... just change it a little one way or the other. :)

And I am slightly confused on the throat hit vs cloud size. Which mixture gives you which? I'd like a pretty good sized cloud but also a good throat hit (I smoke full flavors).

Vg generally gives you more vapor, pg is usually more throat hit and nicotine level impacts throat hit marginally. Example I have some 50/50 mixes that should be smoother than some of my 70/30 pg/vg mixes but the 50/50 mix has a higher nicotine content so it still packs more throat hit.alot of 70/30 mixes I have produce just as much vapor as my 50/50 mixes. But the pro tank produces tons of vapor compared to any clearo I have used regardless of the pg content. It just comes down to trial and error on what you like. I agree with bcarter start with 24mg nicotine. I smoked almost 2 packs a day of newports menthol and the 16-18 mg left me feeling like I was missing something. Now I'm down to around 12mg but occasionally I still grab some 24mg juice. I do own a 1300mah battery and usually it lasts me around 3 days before it needs charging. My 650mah only goes for around 24 hrs but its variable voltage and I use it above 4 volts. You are doing the right thing by asking questions. 1 thing I guarantee once you start vaping you won't look back at stinkies and remember happy vaping :)

Hey guys, I have a couple more questions after looking around. I might have already asked this, but I'm asking again because I am confused lol. What are the best clearomizers and or cartomizers for trying different e juices? Should I go with disposable or not for sampling e juices?

honestly i like the direct drip atty's for testing juice.

you can get those here:

http://vaportalk.com/marketplace/510-atomizers/

then all you need is a drip tip like these:

http://vaportalk.com/marketplace/drip-tips-en/

stick the drip tip on top of the atty, put a few drops in it and give it a vape:) that will tell you what it will taste like without using tons of e-juice.

Grant you'll do great to start with that kit. Pick up a couple extra CE4's.

Not sure how you will test juices. If you dont like a flavor just pour it out, clean it out best you can and change to new juice. The old juice will pass in a few hits. Make it easy on yourself til you get going. Your main challenge will be finding the juice you can vape.

What juices did you pick?

Save some dough so you can upgrade in a few weeks

I picked classic tobacco (don't have super high hopes for it but I had to atleast try to start finding a good tobacco one), fruit tsunami, and ice ice (lots of people said it tastes like Wrigleys and I love Wrigleys).

That is a touchy subject, tins of people on here use that tank or the kanger pro tank. I've never used the vivi tank but I do have some vision brand clearomizers and yes they work well but they have issues something I have not run into with a kanger product. Vivi nova it's great if you ask certain people on here and other would tell you otherwise.