Ready to vape.

kerk

Hello all, great forum. I've been lurking for a while to just learn a little, and as one of your posters mentioned, I never realized all the choices, tricks, and gizmo's you need to know about.

Been a one pack a dayer for forty years with just one successful 6 month stretch at quiting. My brother in laws wife has been a vapor for a year now, a I decided it's the only hope for me.

I have decided by reading some feedback and opinions on here that I think I will go with the Ego Tornado. It seems to be popular.

Welcome! That's a good start and you can upgrade to a Clearomizer later. The first key will be to find a good e liquid to vape. Most likely you will want a tobacco flavor to begin with. I used Liqua Traditional Tobacco to start with. There are some others

Good luck and happy vaping! You can do it. I didn't think it was possible but it is.

The key at first is to find a good tobacco replacement, at least for me. I found this in Sweet-Vapes.com "Traditional Tobacco". I have tried at least 8 different tobacco blends and this by far is the best I have tried as far as mimicking the taste and throat hit of an analog. You will find your taste will change over time and you most likely will drift away from the tobacco but for me, at first, it was paramount in my success. I have no doubt over this past weekend, even as strong as my resolve is, if I didnt have this flavor while drinking I would have 100% bummed a smoke.

I smoked newport analogs for the longest. Full flavor menthol is my choice. Since I started vaping I have not even tried a single tobacco flavor, honestly I don't even have the desire to smoke anything tobacco flavor. I prefer my watermelon chill vape.

I smoked Four Aces Mint tobacco and rolled my own for about a pack a day. I've found that AquaVapor's "Say-Yum-Menthol" tastes pretty close to a fresh bag of tobacco and brand new box of menthol tubes. Haven't found a regular tobacco that I'm really fond of yet, but Northwest Vapor's "True Tobacco" is pretty good, especially if you mix it with their Raspberry "smooth" flavor.

I smoked Four Aces Mint tobacco and rolled my own for about a pack a day. I've found that AquaVapor's "Say-Yum-Menthol" tastes pretty close to a fresh bag of tobacco and brand new box of menthol tubes. Haven't found a regular tobacco that I'm really fond of yet, but Northwest Vapor's "True Tobacco" is pretty good, especially if you mix it with their Raspberry "smooth" flavor.

Interesting. Yes, I had rolled my own for a few years. Originally started thinking it would slow me down......it didn't.

I smoked newport analogs for the longest. Full flavor menthol is my choice. Since I started vaping I have not even tried a single tobacco flavor, honestly I don't even have the desire to smoke anything tobacco flavor. I prefer my watermelon chill vape.

An electrician that I met on a job the other day pulled out an Ecig after he saw me light a cigarette. He said he had never smoked menthol analogs, but found that he now found menthol was what worked best for him in his Ecig. I believe he said the unit he was using was called Njoy?

The key at first is to find a good tobacco replacement, at least for me. I found this in Sweet-Vapes.com "Traditional Tobacco". I have tried at least 8 different tobacco blends and this by far is the best I have tried as far as mimicking the taste and throat hit of an analog. You will find your taste will change over time and you most likely will drift away from the tobacco but for me, at first, it was paramount in my success. I have no doubt over this past weekend, even as strong as my resolve is, if I didnt have this flavor while drinking I would have 100% bummed a smoke.

Thanks B, yes I hardly drink at all, maybe 3 or four beers a month, but always thought that that would have to end if I ever did manage to quit. I am also anxious to get going with this and hopefully get my nieghbors wife to switch. She really needs to, and wants to quit, but we all know how that usually goes.

I tried njoy about 2 years ago, nothing like a analog and far from vaping. Vaping got me of analogs, njoy claimed about 500 puffs per cig I smoked that in a day plus analogs. Vaping got me to stop smoking analogs cold turkey. I was almost 2 packs per day smoker.and the best part about vaping is so many flavors to choose from.

Interesting. Yes, I had rolled my own for a few years. Originally started thinking it would slow me down......it didn't.

Yeah, it didn't slow me down at all. But it was WAY cheaper. Instead of spending $55 to $60 per carton, I was only spending $12.50. Vaping is even cheaper for me and I like it better.

The NJoy, Blu, Fin brands are all over up here. Every gas station, truck stop, and convenience store is carrying them (along with GreenSmoke and a few others). It's nice because you can easily get cartomizers for them if you are out of juice, but I wouldn't have been able to quit analogs completely if it wasn't for my AquaVapor PRO DSE901 PCC kit. The vapor production on that kit is light years ahead of the "over the counter" brands, easy to refill the cartridges, lots of options (atomizer with carts, cartomizers, manual or automatic battery, even a drip shield), it's just a far superior kit. And about $20 cheaper than the others, on top of it.

BTW, am I missing something here? I'm confused when I do a search for 'Ego Tornado' vendors, those words show up in the site list lead lines, but whenever I go to a site I never see anything actually called 'Ego Tornado'.

I.E. this site came up using that search, I see 'egos' listed, but not 'Tornado'. Do they call it something else?

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/ego-510-CE-tank-ecig-kits.html

BTW, do these kits look like a good way to start?

BTW, am I missing something here? I'm confused when I do a search for 'Ego Tornado' vendors, those words show up in the site list lead lines, but whenever I go to a site I never see anything actually called 'Ego Tornado'.

I.E. this site came up using that search, I see 'egos' listed, but not 'Tornado'. Do they call it something else?

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/ego-510-CE-tank-ecig-kits.html

BTW, do these kits look like a good way to start?

I'd go with the first kit with the Vision Spinners and then with either the EVODs or T3s, either one is very good in my opinion. The others I'm not so wild about, but you can't go wrong with the Spinners. The EVODs and T3s are easy to use, especially for someone new to vaping. Then, I'd go with a 24 mg of nicotine liquid since you're trying to get off analogs. You can cut back on the nicotine later when you no longer crave regular cigarettes. Common rule of thumb goes:

24 mg = full flavor cigarettes like Marlboro Reds

12 mg = light flavor like Marlboro Lights

6 mg = ultra lights

Those are just round about figures but it gives you a place to start.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll fall in love with vaping like the rest of us have! :D

Njoy is NJUNK ! But how a lot of us got started, so help yourself and don't spend 75.00 to gather dust.

EGO is a thread type, not a brand....

Always do what Tam says!

Not always but there are some times when I know what I'm talking about. Those are when should be listened to. Other times? Maybe not so much. :D

I always thought eGo was a brand name that's also used as a way to describe the thread type. I could be wrong.... Any long time veteran vapers want to chime in on this?

Aquavaporcig.com has really great priced starter kits.my mother is looking into getting into vaping so my dad doesn't complain about the smell. But I also informed her about VT so maybe she will drop in for a visit and info.

eGo is not a thread type, it is a brand type. eGo batteries use the 510 thread type, so your options for tanks, atomizers, cartomizers, and parts are nearly limitless.

I agree with Love2Vape. AquaVapor is an excellent vendor and I buy all my supplies from them. Don't forget to type "switch" in the coupon code field at check out to get 10% off your total order.

"..atomizer with carts, cartomizers, manual or automatic battery, even a drip shield..". I'm sure I will learn it all with time, but right now that line makes my head spin. :dizzy:

A 3-piece eCig, such as the DSE901 or Joyetech 510 will come with your battery, atomizer, and cartridge. The cartridge contains polyfill to hold the liquid that you fill into it, then fits onto the atomizer which then screws onto the battery.

2-piece eCigs use a battery and a cartomizer. A cartomizer generally looks like the filter end of an analog cigarette. Cartomizers contain the polyfill and the coil setup from an atomizer all in one unit. Cartomizers generally hold more liquid than a standard cartridge. Many 3-piece eCigs can be converted to 2-piece units with after market cartomizers. There are some people that prefer cartomizers for ease of use and longevity while others say that the flavor is better with a standard cartridge. It is all about personal preference.

A drip shield is metal tube with two air holes at the top of it. The shield slides over a DSE901 atomizer, and can be used on some 510 atomizers, with the drip shield air holes at the top and the atomizer carb hole at the bottom. It seals the atomizer off and prevents any leaking from the atomizer carb. A side benefit is that it also somewhat acts as a heatsink.

:)

A 3-piece eCig, such as the DSE901 or Joyetech 510 will come with your battery, atomizer, and cartridge. The cartridge contains polyfill to hold the liquid that you fill into it, then fits onto the atomizer which then screws onto the battery.

2-piece eCigs use a battery and a cartomizer. A cartomizer generally looks like the filter end of an analog cigarette. Cartomizers contain the polyfill and the coil setup from an atomizer all in one unit. Cartomizers generally hold more liquid than a standard cartridge. Many 3-piece eCigs can be converted to 2-piece units with after market cartomizers. There are some people that prefer cartomizers for ease of use and longevity while others say that the flavor is better with a standard cartridge. It is all about personal preference.

A drip shield is metal tube with two air holes at the top of it. The shield slides over a DSE901 atomizer, and can be used on some 510 atomizers, with the drip shield air holes at the top and the atomizer carb hole at the bottom. It seals the atomizer off and prevents any leaking from the atomizer carb. A side benefit is that it also somewhat acts as a heatsink.

:)

Thanks Syn, great lesson...........but I'm feeling a slight spinning sensation again .

When I was first starting out I looked at Totally Wicked. I've heard some good things about them, though I believe you can get better pricing elsewhere. I definitely like their selection of Joyetech 510 products.