Any heavy user suggestions?

I hope I am not getting in trouble for asking too many questions but If there are any EX heavy smokers out there that can help me with the deciding on the type of e-cig hardware I should buy. There is just so much out there and I do not know what I should order. I don't want to go broke trying out all this stuff before I find one that fits my needs. So if you could share with me what is working with you I would be very appreciative. God bless and have a GREAT Mothers Day weekend!

Getting started is always Hard.

The Ego Twist is a great unit and you can adjust the voltage on the battery which you can adjust to your own preference. (easy to use).

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/adjustable-voltage/

Highly recommend the vivi nova http://www.vaportalkstore.com/vivi-nova/ also very easy to use.

The combination makes for a great place to start.

I am also a firm believer in back ups....batteries (standard ego batteries are cheaper and make great backups), liquid, chargers, tank + extra heating elements)

Extra heating elements? What is that? Isnt the battery a "solid state" type of device?

I started with two EgoT 1000 MAH and one Vision Spinner 1300mah. It took me over a full day to kill the first 1000mah battery. I have a hard time thinking I would ever "need" anything more than what I have but I am sure I will "want" some others. These are pretty much the bomb lol.

The heating elements are the coils for the vivi nova or atomizers, cartomizers etc.

Once you have been stuck with equipment that decides to stop working for what ever reason....backups are good !!

VapeDudes has a deal for $38.99 that has two eGoT 1000mah batteries, chargers, come with a CE4 clearomizer for each and 3 bottles of juice of your choice. Thats where I started. Then I ordered a 1300mah Vision Spinner from sweet-vapes.com for $24,95 and an extra charger for $6.95. The wall plug adapter with the kit works fine with the Spinner too. Sweet-Vapes liquids are awesome, as are VapeDudes. Have tried both and find they have excellent flavor, but stay away from Cherry Tobacco at VapeDudes unless you just love the taste of Chloraseptic Throat Spray.

It seems there are literally hundreds of liquid choices, but the best deal in terms of price I have found is at eliquidmarket.com. I cannot vouch for the quality but it is Dekang 80/20 and it is 50ml for $10.95. Most the other specialty sites are $5.99-$6.99 for a 10ml bottle. If I like the Dekang it is the best deal I have found anywhere on liquid.

The heating elements are the coils for the vivi nova or atomizers, cartomizers etc.

Once you have been stuck with equipment that decides to stop working for what ever reason....backups are good !!

Ok I gotcha. I keep around 20 CE4s on standby at all times. I havent gone to a replacable system yet. I love the CE4s and at 3.99 for the true Vision brand at sweet-vapes.com they are affordable in my mind and easy. Just chunk em when they get worn out (about 2 weeks for me) and twist on another.

That is a really great price on that Dekang liquid. Let me know when you have tried it if it is good. I get Kool flavored menthol 24mg 30ml for $20.00. I buy it locally. It is good but I could use stronger. Got any suggestions?

I smoked a pack and a half a day and have never used any higher than 18mg nicotine even at first so I may not be your best resource for that. I have seen 36mg liquids at some places I have looked.

Edited by bcartervol98

VapeDudes has a deal for $38.99 that has two eGoT 1000mah batteries, chargers, come with a CE4 clearomizer for each and 3 bottles of juice of your choice. Thats where I started. Then I ordered a 1300mah Vision Spinner from sweet-vapes.com for $24,95 and an extra charger for $6.95. The wall plug adapter with the kit works fine with the Spinner too. Sweet-Vapes liquids are awesome, as are VapeDudes. Have tried both and find they have excellent flavor, but stay away from Cherry Tobacco at VapeDudes unless you just love the taste of Chloraseptic Throat Spray.

It seems there are literally hundreds of liquid choices, but the best deal in terms of price I have found is at eliquidmarket.com. I cannot vouch for the quality but it is Dekang 80/20 and it is 50ml for $10.95. Most the other specialty sites are $5.99-$6.99 for a 10ml bottle. If I like the Dekang it is the best deal I have found anywhere on liquid.

Flavor is highly subjective. What tastes awful for one person will taste like it's the best thing in the world to another. And no two people will taste the same thing in a juice -- or it's extremely unlikely. :)

Vaping and trying new stuff whether it's juice or equipment is more than half the fun!

That is a really great price on that Dekang liquid. Let me know when you have tried it if it is good. I get Kool flavored menthol 24mg 30ml for $20.00. I buy it locally. It is good but I could use stronger. Got any suggestions?

EC Blends' 30 ml of juice goes for $8.99 and their first class mail is $2.99 or something along those lines. Much cheaper and you can customize the flavor to whatever you want. The highest nicotine they offer is 36 mg but that's really high. Most people go 12 - 24 mg. Because most people vape much more than we smoked, you don't want to get the highest amount of nicotine -- you could get an overdose of it that way. You'll know you got too much nic when you feel dizzy or generally not well.

Flavor is highly subjective. What tastes awful for one person will taste like it's the best thing in the world to another. And no two people will taste the same thing in a juice -- or it's extremely unlikely. :)

Vaping and trying new stuff whether it's juice or equipment is more than half the fun!

Agreed, to each their own. I have now ordered juice from Vaporleaf, Eliquidmarket, VapeDudes, and Sweet-Vapes.

Dekang liquids have been around since I started 4 years ago. They are good liquids, just a bit light on the flavor. I used to use them all the time for mixing my own liquids. Their menthol is pretty good. I used to love the tobacco flavor and the coffee flavor, plus many others. Honestly other than light on flavor, There is nothing wrong with the dekang liquids. In many cases they are actually better for your heating elements and tanks because they lack all the additional flavorings added to liquids these days.

Dekang liquids have been around since I started 4 years ago. They are good liquids, just a bit light on the flavor. I used to use them all the time for mixing my own liquids. Their menthol is pretty good. I used to love the tobacco flavor and the coffee flavor, plus many others. Honestly other than light on flavor, There is nothing wrong with the dekang liquids. In many cases they are actually better for your heating elements and tanks because they lack all the additional flavorings added to liquids these days.

I am looking forward to getting in my Turkish Blend Dekang. I need a good tobacco flavor to smoke with beer on the lake on weekends. I like a lot of different flavors but when drinking beer I need tobacco flavor. You ever tried the Turkish Blend? When I smoked analogs Camel was my preferred brand.

never tried the turkish...I mostly used the Marlboro (or whatever its called these days). I don't use much tobacco flavors anymore, replaced by coffee flavors. I used to find the dekang liquids to be a cleaner taste.

I hope the dekang works for you, can't beat the price either.

Cannot suggest that you buy a large bottle of juice without first buying a smaller one to test, try out for several sessions... Unless you like wasting cash ......

I was a 2 pack a day, American Spirit black / perique blend, I started with 24 mg, now buying 18, still can't find a juice to match my analogs, but lately couldn't care less!!

Start with a kit, get your chargers and misc, and then if your sure your a vaper, invest in the next level (VV/VW) ego types are the way to start....

But my new Tesla kicks @ss!,

Cannot suggest that you buy a large bottle of juice without first buying a smaller one to test, try out for several sessions... Unless you like wasting cash ......

I was a 2 pack a day, American Spirit black / perique blend, I started with 24 mg, now buying 18, still can't find a juice to match my analogs, but lately couldn't care less!!

Start with a kit, get your chargers and misc, and then if your sure your a vaper, invest in the next level (VV/VW) ego types are the way to start....

But my new Tesla kicks @ss!,

Definitely on the bottle size, of the first 20 6-10ml bottles I have bought there are only 3-4 that will be regular vapes for me. Still searching for the tobacco flavor I like.

Good luck with that. I gave up looking...CHANGE THE MINDSET.... It's just nic....Carmel's, Choco mints... My new favorite pearinglypeach from Texas selects. Trying not to vape tobacco flavs except on rough days....

Variable volt variable watts, mostl APV's have both, spinners and twists are vv, but lack the ability to adjust wattage for different coil resistance.....at least that's my take on it, but hardly an expert. Spinners or twists are a good segway into APV's

Aquatroy,

Thank you for the advice but could you break that down into English for me. I don't know what the initials are yet. What are APV's. What do you mean by the ability to adjust wattage for different coil resistance. Thanks for having patients with me.

Hi Patricia

I was a fairly heavy smoker. American Spirits black pack a day. Your success will depend on a couple of things.

Find a local Vapor retailer that is fairly well stocked and has knowledgeable people. They will help you try out and experience different devices and juices. It may take finding a couple of places and choosing a place that works for you. I have found that 1 place does not necessarily carry everything that is available. Often times they only carry one blend of juices and they may not be right for you. Find an actual vapor store, not a mall shop or a liquor store that sells e-cigs.

Find a nicotine level that satisfies you. This may take some experimenting but you might want to start at 18 or 24 and work down from there. Try various mixes of PG/VG. This will help deliver the flavor and the "throat hit" that you are used to from regular cigarettes. I found it important to simulate smoking as much as possible at the beginning with a big throat hit and a good tobacco flavor.

Keep your purpose in mind for quitting cigarettes. Whatever that is for you. Go all in. It doesn't have to cost a fortune to get started but keep in mind that it is an investment and it worked for me to jump in and go for it.

Keep reading and asking questions and seeing what other people use and do.

I started with a basic eGo C starter kit. I was able to quit cold turkey with that. My wife started with a Blu-cig kit and she faltered for a while as it didnt quite give her the satisfaction she needed and then went to an eGo kit and she has now quit completely. If I knew then what I know now I would have started with an eGo battery 900 mah and a Clearomizer.

Hey, these are just tips from a newbie. Hope it helps. I'm just saying what worked for me

Hey Bebop,

Thanks for the advice. I live in a small town in Georgia so my options of vapor stores are very limited. We have a couple of Tobacco shops and 1 Vapor store that I am aware of. That is why I am looking at a lot of online stores. I did buy my first Blu from a convenient store and like your wife it was good but not enough to keep me from going back to cigarettes. Then I went to a local tobacco store and bought an Elite eGo kit. Just an eGo battery, an Clearomizer and the charger you plug into a computer. I also bought a 10ml bottle of basic 18mg menthol juice. That was all it took for me, a woman who smoked 1 1/2 to 2 packs of Marlboro reds a day for 40 years, to quit cold turkey. I still can't believe it. There is just so many things to try and it can get very expensive but that is why I am getting the advice of the pros. Is the eGo battery 900 mah and a Clearomizer what you have stuck with?

In Knoxville TN, a city of 100k+ counting students at UT, the closest Vapor Store is about 80 miles away. Once I know more about this overall and legislation becomes apparent what is going to happen I may open one here. I have ordered 100% of the stuff I use online. I started buying a "Topaz" kit at the mall for my wife and I for a little over $200 total with a few extra disposable cartos and it was garbage but they are the only place in town that sells anything other than Blu, NJoy, and Nfinity.

Funny that now we together have 4 Vision Spinners 1300mah, 4 eGoT 1000mah, 20 CE4 Clearos and have spent less than those damn cheap 808 (I think they were, cigarette style pull on them to activate end glows and 3-4 hour battery life and about the same to charge) starter kits cost.

It is truly amazing the difference between the cig styles like Blu and NJoy and the real stuff. Its like going from a McDonalds cheeseburger to a Filet Mignon.

And I plan to stick with the Ego style Batteries and clearomizers for the foreseeable future but once I find the flavors that will be all day vapes for me I plan to get a couple tanks with replaceable coils. Most likely a Mini Nova from Vision or a Kangre Pro Tank but for now the clearos are fine.

Patricia,

Isn't it amazing? I never would have believed I could quit ciggys. I am really happy. Recently I have switched to a Kanger T2 tank very similar to a Clearomizer but I like the performance a little better. I am likely to stick with this for a while. I'm off the tobacco favors completely-just something I wanted to do because I want to get away from "smoking"- but I'm not a real fan of the "too sweet" juices so now I like basic coffee favors, nutty flavors. I'm still on a search for a couple perfect flavors for variety. I must admit my wife pulled out a licorice the other day that was amazing but a little too candy for regular vaping for me.

Bcarter,

You could start a business. I live in a fairly large metropolitan area and really there are only 2 convenient vape stores near me so I feel for you that you can't just pop over and check out stuff. No doubt the industry will change and likely be more regulated in the future but I think it's here to stay. From what I read its just too successful to disappear. People are quitting, doing less damage to themselves and others and improving the quality of their lives. Go for it. You'll be the only gig in town!

Edited by Bebop12