Fda Petition On Whitehouse.gov

mse12

Actually I think this is a great idea. The Whitehouse really pays attention to those petitions. While they don't respond to all of them, they are very aware of what' son the site. Heck, they responded to the "Build a Death Star" petition.

I'll push this onto the Vapor Talk Facebook and Twitter pages towards the morning when America starts waking up :)

Thanks for the headsup, MSE and Chris!

I remember that one Blu. The FDA answered it and "filed it".

Hopefully this one will actually be forwarded to the right folk, and the right folk will take heed. It's worth the effort, regardless.

Hmm...not that I have any qualms with signing something like this. However, it really begs the question as to how "Official" this is, considering anyone can write up any ridiculous petition they want...ie: building a Death Star. Some of the petitions the white house has responded to are quite asinine, and quite frankly, a waste of our government's time. What's to say that this petition (however pertinent) will not be treated the same way as someone asking for bags of all red jellybeans? While signing this petition cannot hurt in any way, it would likely be more useful to seek other channels to get a better-written, and more official document up through the ranks of congress. Just my .02 (BTW: I already signed this....just in case :p )

I love seeing this everywhere I go! Thank you mse12 for sharing this. We've been trying to tell as many people as possible because when it comes down to it, we are all on the same side and in this together.

• 1 year later...

Why? petitions have to meet or exceed signature goals within 30 days, and this is over a year old, signing this petition is a waste of time, and better off starting a new one....

Edited by Aquatroy

These petitions are a waste of my time. Even if they do get enough signatures, they are only reviewed and responded to by some White House intern.

Why? petitions have to meet or exceed signature goals within 30 days, and this is over a year old, signing this petition is a waste of time, and better off starting a new one....

That petition is dead now. Signing it a year later, your electronic signature is not pinned to it. It is lost to the ether. By signing it now, you have essentially just sat on your thumb.

Edited by Joshuab3687

Well then sit on your thumb and do nothing

I would get more accomplished with my thumb up my ass ( at least thats somewhat pleasurable) than wasting my time signing expired petitions that do absolutely nothing for our cause.

I'm glad to see you want to help the cause, but bumping a petition that is over a year old...? Common sense would dictate that it is no longer valid. If you want to help look at NY trying to ban all E-Cigarette sales making it a crime to own/use one.

http://www.change.org/petitions/state-sen-hugh-farley-stop-new-york-state-ban-on-e-liquid

http://www.electroniccigaretteban.org/State-New-York-ecigs-ban.htm

http://blog.casaa.org/2014/04/call-to-action-new-york-state-bill.html