Hidden Cost Savings In Being Analog Free....

mjradik

Its real easy to calculate how much $$$ you save on quitting analogs by subtracting out the $$ you would spend on per pack. 6 months in, and for me its about $1,700. 1.5 packs a day times 180 days. In MD its costs about $6.35 per pack with tax. But I’m interested in any hidden savings people are getting as well.

Like for me, my daily work day morning ritual would consist of going to the local corner store, to buy my pack of cigs for the day, BUT I would always also get a cup of coffee and a ham, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich. That’s $4-$5 right there. Now that I don’t smoke any more, I never go there any more. In the last 6 months, I think I’ve been there only 2 or 3 times…

Now in the mornings, since I don’t stop for cigs, I make my own coffee in the morning, and eat breakfast at home. So really in addition to the $1,700+ I saved on analogs, I also calculate I’ve saved an additional $500 in breakfast sandwich/coffee purchases.

Just wondering what other hidden savings people have…

Edited by mjradik

i know i tended to drink more when i smoked especially during nights. I dont know what it was for me, but id go through maybe through one 40$ bottle of hennesy each week. so, id say

90x1.5x 6$ a pack= 810$

12x40$ a bottle= 480$

Now i just buy a 6pack of coronas at the end of the week before going home. which is only about 8$. About 3 months so maybe around 1000$ savings? Theres also those random gas savings of running out in the middle of the night for a cigarettes trying to find a place thats open at 2am.

I also ate a bunch more when i smoked, for some reason it felt better to smoke on a full stomach. I actually lost a couple pounds which is weird, but that would be hard to calculate.

Edited by twelveday

well its not a savings, but I do not miss having to clean up cig butts all the time.. I would get lazy and not empty my ash try alot. So as I put out my cig I would knock used butts out of the ask tray on to the garage floor.. then I wouldn't pick those up, and they will just pile up around the upside down bucket the ash tray is sitting on.. After a month, its a huge mess.. lol... NOT SMOKING IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!

well its not a savings, but I do not miss having to clean up cig butts all the time.. I would get lazy and not empty my ash try alot. So as I put out my cig I would knock used butts out of the ask tray on to the garage floor.. then I wouldn't pick those up, and they will just pile up around the upside down bucket the ash tray is sitting on.. After a month, its a huge mess.. lol... NOT SMOKING IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!

i used to do that alot, id have a pile of butts and ash , except it was in my room since i smoke indoors. luckily i always left tthe windows open and used two air purifiers in my room running almost 24/7 when i smoked heavily. weeks later the smell of cigarettes are completely gone and i dont have to run my air purifiers anymore. I still like the smell of the fresher fresh air they give though :yes. When i think of it now i cant imagine how i tolerated sleeping/living in a room full of cigarette smoke

Edited by twelveday

With me, it's all of the breath mints, the chewing gum, the smelly lotions, mists, perfumes for myself, the car, the house! Anything to hide the fact that I was a smoker, since I teach SAT classes and gifted students. And, even if they couldn't smell it, I could still smell it on me (so, no peace of mind there). Oh, and don't forget the yellow fingernails. Lots of nail whitener, etc. There's only so much you can hide with chalk.

Although I think I spend more on e-juice than I did on cigarettes ($45 a carton for Misty's here in Virginia, a pack a day) because I'm still a newbie trying to get the nicotine content right, I am certain I come out ahead in the end.

i ave alot its around 9 bucks a pack here o thats almost 20 a day x7 = 140 week x 52 = 7280. wow I didnt realize how much till i just did the math. I coulda had 2 more caprices, an impala and a bunch of parts. grrrr. oh well already I got a new paintjob well done by me but its better, new front end on my car. and I quit 4 months ago. now were can i sspend my money lol.

I'm probably one of the few people that spend more vaping than I ever did smoking - either analogs or my pipe. At my peak, I was spending around $50 a month on pipe tobacco. With my roaming eye for gear and the cost of juice and cartos, I spend way more than that vaping...

I don't spend more $$$$ on vaping. Not even close. In the last 6 months I've only spent about $600 on vaping. And that includes 2 gallons of PG/VG, which I still have 60% off, and still have about 4x500ml bottles of 24/36mg unflavored nic juice, and about 30 1oz bottles of flavor from TPA. So I think I can go 6+ months more with out buying any more juice. So if I calculate buying a VV mod, and more cartos/drip tips/accessories/etc for the next 6 months, I would say roughly $200 maybe? So in 1 years time I calculate I will spend about $800 on vaping.

Ok, lets say I go crazy, and my yearly vaping budget is $1,000. Thats still cheaper than an estimated cost of $4,000 for my smoking and coffee/breakfast sandwich habbit. So I'm saving $3,000+ year. Dude, I could get a loan for an inexpensive car for less than that per year.

Actually, I just thought of something, and want to revise my last post. My vaping budget per year is FREE!! As a hobby, I sell accessories for DIY eliquid makers. Its not a full business or anything, but something I do a littile bit a day. Enough to make about $100/month. That pays for my vaping, so I guess I vape for free, and back to now saving $4,000/year from quitting smoking.

I think im gonna bank roll all that money maybe ssince i work only 9 month a year i can get 10 k in the bank by christmas. thats still less than half my salary. hmmm

I don't spend more $$$$ on vaping. Not even close. In the last 6 months I've only spent about $600 on vaping. And that includes 2 gallons of PG/VG, which I still have 60% off, and still have about 4x500ml bottles of 24/36mg unflavored nic juice, and about 30 1oz bottles of flavor from TPA. So I think I can go 6+ months more with out buying any more juice. So if I calculate buying a VV mod, and more cartos/drip tips/accessories/etc for the next 6 months, I would say roughly $200 maybe? So in 1 years time I calculate I will spend about $800 on vaping.

Ok, lets say I go crazy, and my yearly vaping budget is $1,000. Thats still cheaper than an estimated cost of $4,000 for my smoking and coffee/breakfast sandwich habbit. So I'm saving $3,000+ year. Dude, I could get a loan for an inexpensive car for less than that per year.

(365)x(1.5 packs a day)x(6$)=3285$ damn that is alot just on cigarettes now that i think of it that way

I was spending about $9.00 a carton by using a hand crank machine and just buying the bags of tobacco and tubes. I smoked about 12-18 cigs a day. I can't understand why anyone would buy the regular packs or cartons from the store unless they are just too busy to make their own at home. Actually I'm spending more to vape but I'm ok with that one. Its still a victory. :thumbsup:

Don't forget that time is money. Think of the wasted time involved with stopping at the store, waiting in line and being late to work so you wouldn't go without. Or the time you waste when you go outside to smoke when you can sneak a toot anywhere you wish. And the extra time you will have at the end of you life instead of coughing to death at an early age.

I was spending about $9.00 a carton by using a hand crank machine and just buying the bags of tobacco and tubes. I smoked about 12-18 cigs a day. I can't understand why anyone would buy the regular packs or cartons from the store unless they are just too busy to make their own at home. Actually I'm spending more to vape but I'm ok with that one. Its still a victory. :thumbsup:

Oh, wow. That's really funny. I'm sure most people never realized they could do that! Ha! But, yeah, I hear you. It's definitely a victory. Keep Vaping!

i just thought about it again, since november, I would have smoking 2500-3000 cigarettes to this day, kind of makes me feel pukey

Funny thing is... about 2-3 week Before I started vaping, I started rolling my own cigs too. Could make a carton for like $11. I'm sure if I didn't start vaping, I would of continued doing that..... but... vaping was a much better choice.