Esmoke And Poo

apathy

I don't know if this has been covered, and wouldn't even know how to search for it, but, like many smokers I CAN NOT poop, deficate, #2 without a cigarette. I don't know if it's the smoke itself, or the chemicals that trigger that response. If it's the nicotine than all should be well, but, if it's the smoke itself I'm afraid I'll have trouble using the restroom, LOL...

Anyone have any insight on this? If it had the same affect as smokes that would be easier than sneaking a smoke in a non smoking place...

Apathy,

Since nicotine is a stimulant, I assume it stimulates all parts of our body. That being said you may want to see a Dr. or include bran in your diet.

Ps... I would have moved this to the Health & Safety Forum but since you only have 4 posts, I will leave it here so you can reply if need be.

Apathy,

Since nicotine is a stimulant, I assume it stimulates all parts of our body. That being said you may want to see a Dr. or include bran in your diet.

Ps... I would have moved this to the Health & Safety Forum but since you only have 4 posts, I will leave it here so you can reply if need be.

I actually got an answer elsewhere shortly after I posted:

Cigarettes, Bowel Movements & Laxatives

There is a clearly distinguished relationship between cigarettes, bowel movements and laxatives. Many people find difficulty at bowel movement after they quit smoking. The good old reason is that nicotine contained in cigarettes stimulates receptors in the intestines making it easy to move things through. When smoking is halted this hyper-stimulation is not available for the gastro-intestinal tract to make speedy movements. So your bowel movement (which has gotten used to the speed track by now) stops altogether or delays.

This, however, is not that uncommon. I know many smokers with the same "problem". It appears all is safe however, as the nicotine is the culprit :) That's actually really good news, that means I won't have trouble on planes, in resturants, etc

I think you just may have one best topic title :D

I remember the days of waking up in the morning, having a cigarette and thinking...oh god I need to poop. NOW! :lol: I didn't even have time to grab the Best Buy magazine on the way!

This hasn't happened since using the electronic cigarette (not sure why) so perhaps this is something to bring up with the doctor.

Let me qualify, I don't necessarily NEED to smoke, but, I'm used to it, and it makes the whole process a little easier. I have been to the Dr for other G.I. issues, but, unrelated.

I'm 32, it's nothing serious, perhaps it came accross as such, but, it's kind of part of the routine, and as I stated, helps move things along a bit...

Vaping should make your bowels movements more frequent, IF you are getting an equal or more amount of nicotine than when you smoked. You'll be much less dehydrated, too, thus having softer stools.

Without getting into too much pesonal details, I have found what you said to be true, after two weeks of vaping I have founds things much softer

• 3 years later...

I basically only vape when I get home from work. So that is like bewtween the hours of 5PM and 9PM. I try not to go too crazy keeping my vaping to an acceptable level, but I have found gas and bloating during the night that sometimes keeps me awake. Maybe I will try some gas x or something. I also notice I have to poo as soon as I get up now which never happened my whole life

• 1 year later...

I have never had a problem pooping unless I was constipated i.e. of drinking or smoking. In fact it makes me want to go to the bathroom more often, especially when I eat something after I vape. The only thing is that I have been getting a lot of color changes in my stool which I could care less about just as long as it does not bleed. Any who it is probably not just because you have been smoking cigarettes, you must be taking other things or getting off something so you should be fine in a few if not now :D.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."