Replacement coils that come with the tank kits

Patricia

Back when I first started vaping about 5 years ago I was using tanks like Provari and I remember we had a lot of discussion about how the elder vapors suggested to just throw the coils away that came with the tanks as replacements because they were no good. Does anyone still feel the same is true now?  I  bought  4 new top fill tanks for my Subox Nanos and I used the replacement coils that came with the tanks and already after just 2 tanks of juice the coils are tasting burnt no matter what I try. Anybody else still having that problem?

yep ! every tank I have ever had with the exception of my crown mini (using one of the ones it came with about a month now).and my nautilus x,the one that came with was fine.otherwise,like tam,I set them aside for a rainy day . I did learn that the hard way though!but I did learn the hard way also,that some of the factory coils that come with the cotton is packed too tight,and it's a wicking issue,when I do use them I take a safety pin or a regular sewing pin and pierce the wicking ports.it works for me lol,when I do get to them,also I keep them in a baggie so I know they are the ''issue" coils hahaha.

Edited by Foofightervapegirl
Spelling error

@Tam is correct.... the last couple of Subtanks I bought (mini and nano) the factory coils were set aside for emergency use only.  It seems the coils that come with the tanks always are contaminated with oil or something from the factory and taste burnt no matter what you do to them.  I did try one of the 1.2 Ohm coils that came with one of the nano's, and it was a very tight draw and had a burnt taste from the get-go :(

5 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

@Tam is correct.... the last couple of Subtanks I bought (mini and nano) the factory coils were set aside for emergency use only.  It seems the coils that come with the tanks always are contaminated with oil or something from the factory and taste burnt no matter what you do to them.  I did try one of the 1.2 Ohm coils that came with one of the nano's, and it was a very tight draw and had a burnt taste from the get-go :(

The coils you got with the Subtanks, did the coil come preinstalled in the tank? If I remember correctly, the coils that came with the Aspire Tritan 2 were wrapped and separate from the tank. Those coils, while they didn't last quite as long as the ones I get in the 5-pack, weren't... horrible.

1 hour ago, Tam said:

The coils you got with the Subtanks, did the coil come preinstalled in the tank? If I remember correctly, the coils that came with the Aspire Tritan 2 were wrapped and separate from the tank. Those coils, while they didn't last quite as long as the ones I get in the 5-pack, weren't... horrible.

One comes pre-installed (usually the 0.5 Ohm), and the other is not wrapped in plastic or paper and just stuck in a slot in the cardboard and foam.  I wish Kanger would ship their included coils in sealed blisters or wrapped in plastic. 

I'm still standing behind my theory that those "included" coils sit in a big bin (loose) in the factory, and absorb a lot of moisture and machine-oils while waiting to be popped into packaging or screwed into a tank... which is why they almost always taste burnt or "oily".  I think they only way you get a good coil from a kit is if the coil was packaged before it has had time to absorb all those machine oils and contaminants?

I've found that all factory coils for my TFV8's (I've got 2 TFV8 Big Baby Beast and 1 TFV8 Baby Beast, the smaller version) both use same coils, and on lazy days where I don't feel like rebuilding coils and installing in the RBA deck/coil I use the factory coils. Primarily the T6, X4 and the Q2 coils. All are amazing, great flavor, insane vapor production and they last a good few weeks. Check out the TFV8 BIG BABY Beast or the Baby beast (smaller version) not the regular TFV8 Cloud Beast those take different coils and aren't interchangeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk