Mixing question

Hi all DYI-ers,

I want to make my own juice and here's my thoughts (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Mix 2 liters 6mg vg with 1 liter pg for a 4mg juice to create an aprox 66/33 juice base then as add flavoring and it will drop the  4mg a little (but not much) eventually getting close to a 3mg. so I can try making different flavors in small batches. I want to start inexpensively as I can.

Suggestions please.

Oh, I've been saving my sample bottles and washing them well for mixing in so I don't have a lot of investment in bottles to start..is this ok?

Edited by Edna

Ugh. I hate whenever I even land on their page because I always wind up buying something else... just like this time. Needed some new jars for make up to make it easier for my brushes to get to it and some larger glass bottles so I can store my juice in them instead of plastic... :wallbash:

7 minutes ago, Edna said:

Uh Oh,....Sorry :( I'll take the blame here

No problem, I was procrastinating on making an order thinking I could get away with not going there for a few more months is all.  :D 

12 minutes ago, FXRich said:

If you plan on DIY you need a good mixing program, I use ejuicemeup you can find it here

http://www.kritikalmass.net/calculators.asp

They have a lot of recipes too.

I found them yesterday :) but I read where someone just took their syringes and mixed in small bottles and that sounded like a great way to learn without diving in too deep yet...(All this is a bit intimidating ) I noticed that here on VT there's a great DYI forum and have been reading it too.

I love the VT forum you all are so great to dummy noobies like me :)

3 hours ago, Edna said:

Hi all DYI-ers,

I want to make my own juice and here's my thoughts (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Mix 2 liters 6mg vg with 1 liter pg for a 4mg juice to create an aprox 66/33 juice base then as add flavoring and it will drop the  4mg a little (but not much) eventually getting close to a 3mg. so I can try making different flavors in small batches. I want to start inexpensively as I can.

Suggestions please.

Oh, I've been saving my sample bottles and washing them well for mixing in so I don't have a lot of investment in bottles to start..is this ok?

If you are looking for some one-on-one instruction @Compenstine has a pretty good setup and is a good teacher.  He has helped me learn quite a bit about DIY juice making.  His page can be found here: Fadora Vapor

16 minutes ago, jasonculp said:

If you are looking for some one-on-one instruction @Compenstine has a pretty good setup and is a good teacher.  He has helped me learn quite a bit about DIY juice making.  His page can be found here: Fadora Vapor

Fantastic thanks I'm going to sign up as soon as my classes are done next week! Watch out @Compenstine here I come :)

Edited by Edna

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone I have been vaping for 6 years now also am disabled and stay at home I started out buying my e-juice but the cost can be up there, I started awhile back doin research and now mix my own I use a 75/25 Vg and pg 24 nic which I cut with 15% more Vg plus then use everclear to thin with flavoring you can buy a gram-ml scale at Walmart. I steep the juice with a small bowl of water on a coffee warmer for 2 hours and spin on a computer fan with pill bottle glued to center for 5/10 min very simple. Also you can pickup Vg at local drug store or Walmart for 6 0z it's less than $4. Hope this helps, Vape on.

Edited by Captgreg
Wrong word

9 hours ago, Captgreg said:

Hi everyone I have been vaping for 6 years now also am disabled and stay at home I started out buying my e-juice but the cost can be up there, I started awhile back doin research and now mix my own I use a 75/25 Vg and pg 24 nic which I cut with 15% more Vg plus then use everclear to thin with flavoring you can buy a gram-ml scale at Walmart. I steep the juice with a small bowl of water on a coffee warmer for 2 hours and spin on a computer fan with pill bottle glued to center for 5/10 min very simple. Also you can pickup Vg at local drug store or Walmart for 6 0z it's less than $4. Hope this helps, Vape on.

I like the fan idea :D:D

On 7/30/2016 at 11:46 PM, Captgreg said:

Great idea! I have just been letting it sit for a week shaking it a couple times a day. It works but I would like a better solution. Thanks!