Ever run across a juice you absolutely could not vape?

Well for me it was a house juice, Apple rancher. I doctored it every way I knew how,still unvapeable!it was disgusting,no matter what I did to it.I hate wasting juice,so I passed it along,the person I passed it to couldn't vape it either!it was such a tank stinker that I had to spend literally twenty minutes cleaning my tank.I am interested to see if any of you have had the same experience! 

I've ran across my fair share of juices that sounded like they'd be good, but tasted like wet socks or rancid fruit.  I think we've all had our fair share of those :(

One thing which will clean up a tank really well is to disassemble it as much as possible, wash it well with mild soap, rinse many times with very hot water, and then soak all the parts in vodka or Everclear overnight (or at least 4-6 hours).  The alcohol will disperse any water hidden in the nooks and crannies... and will effectively remove all odors and flavors.  Air-dry all the parts for a couple of hours, and they'll be ready to use again.

5 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

I've ran across my fair share of juices that sounded like they'd be good, but tasted like wet socks or rancid fruit.  I think we've all had our fair share of those :(

One thing which will clean up a tank really well is to disassemble it as much as possible, wash it well with mild soap, rinse many times with very hot water, and then soak all the parts in vodka or Everclear overnight (or at least 4-6 hours).  The alcohol will disperse any water hidden in the nooks and crannies... and will effectively remove all odors and flavors.  Air-dry all the parts for a couple of hours, and they'll be ready to use again.

I did the hit water and mild soap,and I dissamsbkec as much as was possible,thank you for the tip,I know what to do next time! 

17 hours ago, Tam said:

The worst one that I tried was roast beef flavored. It seemed like a good idea at the time. LOL

Ewww... how drunk were you when you decided roast-beef flavored eliquid was a good idea? LOL

5 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Ewww... how drunk were you when you decided roast-beef flavored eliquid was a good idea? LOL

LOL. Wish I could use that excuse, but I was stone cold sober... could be that's what was wrong.  :lol: 

I got a sampler bottle from Vape Craft called OMG So Good and..... OMG it wasn't!    It was so bad I tossed it. I also got two other flavors orange dreamsicle that was ok but not great and a blue banana I'm scared to try..I'm staying away from vape craft from now on . My favorite company is Vape Wild everything I have tried from them has been great.

• 6 months later...

Oh ya.  I'm here too.  Wanted a bottle of subtle blueberry.  The clerk handed me a bottle of "smurf".  If this is your favorite juice, I apologize, but in my mouth it was an explosion of mega-yuck!  This was no cute little blue buddy.  It was the Godzilla of God only knows what.  I think maybe Draino.  Even the odor of this stuff was more like concentrated air freshener than something someone would want in their mouth.  Like taking a hit on a Fabreeze can.  It took forever to get out of the cotton in the coil.  I'd love to give it to someone who likes it.  I hate throwing away money.  Yes, there is a hidden rant in here.  Come on marketing people.  Give us a hint.  Some description of what it actually tastes like not just a collection of echoaelic buzz words targeting a market segment at an emotional level. 

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Oh ya.  I'm here too.  Wanted a bottle of subtle blueberry.  The clerk handed me a bottle of "smurf".  If this is your favorite juice, I apologize, but in my mouth it was an explosion of mega-yuck!  This was no cute little blue buddy.  It was the Godzilla of God only knows what.  I think maybe Draino.  Even the odor of this stuff was more like concentrated air freshener than something someone would want in their mouth.  Like taking a hit on a Fabreeze can.  It took forever to get out of the cotton in the coil.  I'd love to give it to someone who likes it.  I hate throwing away money.  Yes, there is a hidden rant in here.  Come on marketing people.  Give us a hint.  Some description of what it actually tastes like not just a collection of echoaelic buzz words targeting a market segment at an emotional level. 

@Walt

Was the juice freshly made in the shop? It might need some steeping time. I usually let juice sit for a week or so if it's freshly made. Don't throw it out or give up until you've given it some time. I have had some flavors taste like cr@p and left them alone for a week or month and revisited them and found that they taste great after sitting. Make sure you shake them every once and awhile too so the flavors blend while they're steeping.

3 minutes ago, Edna said:

@Walt

Was the juice freshly made in the shop? It might need some steeping time. I usually let juice sit for a week or so if it's freshly made. Don't throw it out or give up until you've given it some time. I have had some flavors taste like cr@p and left them alone for a week or month and revisited them and found that they taste great after sitting. Make sure you shake them every once and awhile too so the flavors blend while they're steeping.

Will do.  More precisely, it is Mr. Vapor  Smurfy.  It's and orange/brown color.

@Edna gives some sound advice on juices and letting them steep / age some. I've had some juices that were so awful when I first got them turn into OMG! I have to have more once I let it sit a week or more. EC Blend's Tiger's Blood is one of those. The longer I let it sit, the more the cream flavor came out. Four weeks later, I couldn't get enough of it so I started buying a bottle every so often so that I would have a four (or more) week old juice all the time.  :)

@Tam

What's the flavor profile of Tigers Blood? I've never had juice from EC Blends but I'm looking to have some pre-made sitting around for when I'm too busy, lazy or wanting something I normally wouldn't have in my arsenal :) Thanks

Oops, sorry, I meant to say Dragon's Blood  http://www.ecblendflavors.com/dragons-blood-eliquid-flavor/

That's dragon fruit and a sweet cream blend. EC Blends has a whole Dragon series that's very good. The creaminess doesn't come until it steeps a few weeks, the longer the better. Use code 10020 for 20% off your order. Free shipping $75 and over.

29 minutes ago, Tam said:

Oops, sorry, I meant to say Dragon's Blood  http://www.ecblendflavors.com/dragons-blood-eliquid-flavor/

That's dragon fruit and a sweet cream blend. EC Blends has a whole Dragon series that's very good. The creaminess doesn't come until it steeps a few weeks, the longer the better. Use code 10020 for 20% off your order. Free shipping $75 and over.

@Tam   Sounds good!   thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2017 at 2:54 PM, Edna said:

Right now you could blow me over with a feather.  I let it breath and then let it steep for awhile and I can't believe the difference!  Don't know if it will ever make the top three but it is a very good vape!!  Definitely a keeper.  Once again, I am so glad I found this place.  No way would I have survived the learning curve with out it. 

7 hours ago, Walt said:

Right now you could blow me over with a feather.  I let it breath and then let it steep for awhile and I can't believe the difference!  Don't know if it will ever make the top three but it is a very good vape!!  Definitely a keeper.  Once again, I am so glad I found this place.  No way would I have survived the learning curve with out it. 

I'm glad it worked and you're enjoying it now.

Well for me it was a house juice, Apple rancher. I doctored it every way I knew how,still unvapeable!it was disgusting,no matter what I did to it.I hate wasting juice,so I passed it along,the person I passed it to couldn't vape it either!it was such a tank stinker that I had to spend literally twenty minutes cleaning my tank.I am interested to see if any of you have had the same experience! 

Nope! lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...