Coolfire4/Aslpire Nautilus

Glock40Cal

Hey everyone in new to the forum...I just bought a coolfire4 and nautilus tank 😀Love it so far! What's the recommended Volts/wattage! I've looked everywhere and seen so many different answers... I'm currently running 4.0 volts and 15 watts...it seems like it firing good and doesn't taste burnt... I'm running the stock 1.6 ohm coil... The replacements I bought are 1.8 ohm coils... Any recommendations?? I've seen some people say there running 8watts and that just seems wayyyy to low.. I'm also using the city wood unicorn juice..thanks everyone 

image.jpeg

So with the 1.6 coils, there reading at 1.69, I probably shouldn't vape above 12w? Ok and what do you guys recommend the voltage be set at? I'm still new but learning quickly 😀 Trying to get this whole volts/watts thing down..I want my coils to last a decent amount of time lol

Watts/Volts -  they are a product of each other. If you adjust one, you are automatically adjusting the other.  You do not set them independently of each other.

Everybody has slightly ddifferent settings they prefer. There is no magic number. It's kind of like driving a car - some people go 25 in a 30 and some people go 35 in a 30.  At 15W you're probably doing 40 in a 25.  

Try adjusting it to taste and go from there. And remember, if you're doing 40 in a 25 you adjust your budget for tickets. :)

Ok thanks for the info Bebop! I just filled my other Nautilus tank with my lost art liquids unicorn puke...I took out the stock 1.6 and put in the 1.8 ohm coil..I'm vamping right at 4.5 volts, I think that's my sweet spot for now 😀 Flavor seems to be great at 4.2-4.5v on the 1.8 coil

I'm in love with these nautilus tanks! Absolutely awesome tanks in my opinion 

Also Bebop, the wierd part is I can crank this this to 30w and it doesn't taste burnt at all??? I get a huge cloud and tons of flavor! But my sweet spot is right around 4.5 volts so that's where I'll stay so my coils last longer

6 hours ago, Bebop said:

Watts/Volts -  they are a product of each other. If you adjust one, you are automatically adjusting the other.  You do not set them independently of each other.

Everybody has slightly ddifferent settings they prefer. There is no magic number. It's kind of like driving a car - some people go 25 in a 30 and some people go 35 in a 30.  At 15W you're probably doing 40 in a 25.  

Try adjusting it to taste and go from there. And remember, if you're doing 40 in a 25 you adjust your budget for tickets. :)

Like X 10.  That is one of the best explanations I have ever read!

39 minutes ago, Glock40Cal said:

I'm just more worried about doing damage I guess...like my buddy just bought the same setup and his sweet spot is 14watts...everything I've read says that's way to high for the nautilus 1.6 coils?

Your juice will determine how many Watts you use... When I was using a Nautilus, if memory serves, my favorite juice (50/50 PG/VG) tasted great around 16W, and started to get a burnt taste around 18-20W.  My gal now uses a Nautilus for her "work-tank", daily.  Her favorite juice is quite sweet and fruity, with Cinnamon (50/50 PG/VG), and 12W is about all it can handle before going burnt-tasting... and 1.6 Ohm BVC coils are all we've EVER used in the Nautilus.

Edited by Earthling789

Here's the easiest way to find the sweet spot on your Nautilus with whatever juice you're using. Start low (go with watts or volts, whichever you're most comfortable with). Vape. If it's not doing it for you, turn it up a little. Vape. Repeat until you get a slight burnt taste and then back it down just a bit. That's the sweet spot for that resistance of coil, that tank and that juice. You may need to adjust with different flavors. The bakery/heavy flavors tend to like more heat. The fruity flavors like it cooler.