Edit message and emoji

This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited.

The message above is what I get when I tried to edit my comment to bcarter, it was only a few minutes... Also, when I hit "save" on the edit, the page locks up and stays at "saving..." without updating the page with the newly edited comment.

Also, when I type in symbols : lol : (without spaces), the forum used to automatically turn it into an emoji. Now, half the time, it remains as symbols, other half the time the emoji shows up. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if there's another step that I need to take to make it turn into the emoji?

Thanks for your help, Christopher! And good morning to you.  :)  <-- ah, I think I now have to add a space for it to turn into an emoji  :D

ETA: Nope, the second emoji turned into one on its own without the space. *sighs*

Edited by Tam

4 minutes ago, Tam said:

Yes, you guessed it right, Chris. Firefox 42.0 is what I'm using. Maybe, when I'm on Vapor Talk, I should access it through Chrome or Opera instead?

Yes and then burn Firefox while you're at it lol 

Actually no FF Is fine but I have a number of websites even outside of Vapor Talk (Chrisorah's website included) that for some reason just wouldn't display the CSS correctly. At any rate yea Chrome likely won't have any issues. Though the FF issue should be address in the next week, week and a half :)

I do love the customizability of Firefox but I will use Chrome for Vapor Talk so I don't give you headaches with the issues. lol

Speaking of lol, while Rixter, Comp and I were on chat last night, most of the time they wrote lol, it came out as *** for them. I could see it just fine as it was written. Is this also a bug? If so, should I open a new bug request?  :lol:

Just now, Tam said:

I do love the customizability of Firefox but I will use Chrome for Vapor Talk so I don't give you headaches with the issues. lol

Speaking of lol, while Rixter, Comp and I were on chat last night, most of the time they wrote lol, it came out as *** for them. I could see it just fine as it was written. Is this also a bug? If so, should I open a new bug request?  :lol:

actually I think LOL accidently got listed in the swear word filter lol I'll have to update that thing, it's two years old at least 

hmm I looked into the filter and can't seem to find lol listed. Odd that it's blanking it out. 

You know honestly, this is an adult forum anyway we could probably do away with the swear filter. I mean a couple curse words aren't going to kill anything. Though, I'll probably put that to a vote first 

47 minutes ago, Christopher said:

@Tam I have made some updates, if you could verify the edit is is resolved 

So far so good, Chris. Let me play with the edit a little and I'll get back to you. Will be coming back in a bit to edit this post to check. Thanks for working on it so diligently!

@Christopher  I went back to edit the post above and got the "This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited." message again. :( Everything looked good until I hit "save" and then that message popped up. And now the page is stuck on "saving..." and won't do anything else. I had to refresh the page twice so I could post a replay.

After posting the above I went in immediately into edit to correct my misspelling of "reply" and got the message again about it could be moved or deleted or too much time has passed... I used to get these messages on occasion but never after becoming an admin.

There used to not be a time limit for Admins to edit other's posts.

10 hours ago, Tam said:

Can you edit your own, Jeff?

Yes :) 

Edited by Jeffb
testing

For me, editing other posts is fairly rare. Editing my own if very frequent.  :)

*is not if

See?  :lol:

ETA: It is now 10 hours since I wrote the above post and I'm trying to edit.  :)

Edited by Tam
Fumble fingers on the keyboard.