Vegetable glycerine

Hi I have a two questions. First off I use a ce-4 1100 mAH e cigarette and since I couldn't pay for an actual Ejuice. I just ordered vegetable glycerine. But I'm using it right now and it tastes horrible. Why? And also can I mix lemon juice and vegetable glycerine together?

Yes, pure VG is rather nasty.

Actual PG-based food-grade flavorings are CHEAP, and you can pick up 8ml bottles for about $1.50 each, and can mix your own easily, but you'll also probably need to buy food-grade PG as well.

Personally, I'm amazed that your Ce4 is capable of wicking pure VG!

It might taste horrible because it isn't wicking right, is it kind of a burnt taste? Health food stores usually have food grade vegetable glycerin, if not Walmart does. If all else fails some convenience stores have Chinese ejuice that is pretty cheap. 

making your own ejuice in the long run will save you money, but the start up cost is more than store bought e liquid.  you can try buying some food flavoring (grocery store or online) and add that the the VG, will significantly help the flavor of the VG. Usually mix 10% flavoring to 90% VG....at least as a starting point.  This does not include nicotine. 

Lots of info on the DIY forum.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/131-diy-e-liquid/

• 3 months later...

Dark flavors can gunk up a coil fast. They also shorten the life a coil. A lot of the baking flavorings you can by in a store can do the the same. Some contain oils that can also be bad to vape. If you are going to buy flavorings from a store stick with Lorrans or, check and make sure there are no additives like oil or preservatives that can be harmful if vaped.