New clearomizer. Need advice!

So, after terrible experience on Aspire Nautilus coils (every sigle of them, no matter if BDC or BVC had mettalic/ceramic taste) im still vaping on iClear 30 :) I wanna try sub ohm ones, so i cant decide between Kanger sub tank or OBS T-VCT? They both at the same price, and even that Kanger is more popular, T-VCT looks kinda good also and has some cool stuff like juice control :) Has anyone tryed T-VCT and Kanger sub tank and could explain wich ones better? Like coil lifetime and clouds, taste etc.? Tnx!

I have both the original SubTank Mini and the OBS T-VCT.  I use the SubTank much more.  The OBS has top fill, great airflow, and juice control.  I really like these options, but the SubTank has better flavor from the stock coils.  I bought the OBS to use on Ni200 coils (The RBA section).  It is a bit easier to build nickel coils on.  It also has better Juice flow.  I think the SubTank is much more versatile and a better value for your dollar.  The mini comes with the RBA, extra glass for the tank, the ability to use standard horizontal coils in both sub ohm or 1.2 ohm coils, and the new vertical coils.

This is just my opinion.  I really have no complaints with the OBS.  I really like the original SubTank.  I have not tried the new SubTank mini plus.

Mkay, then i guess Kanger it is, as im not into RBA that much and i guess Kanger's 0.5 and 1.2 ohm coils will work better with my iStick 30 then T-VCT's 0.25 and 0.5 ohm ones. Also, as i understand, juice control is more usefull for PG juices, but im using VG ones :) my stomack dont rly like PG :) How long does Kanger coils last? Are they washable for longer use?

Mkay, then i guess Kanger it is, as im not into RBA that much and i guess Kanger's 0.5 and 1.2 ohm coils will work better with my iStick 30 then T-VCT's 0.25 and 0.5 ohm ones. Also, as i understand, juice control is more usefull for PG juices, but im using VG ones :) my stomack dont rly like PG :) How long does Kanger coils last? Are they washable for longer use?

Yes you can wash the coils, and I know a few who recoil them.  I rince mine in water, then soak them in Pure Grain Alcohol or Vodka over night then let them dry over night.  I have easily gotten a week out of mine using a very clean 80vg/20pg juice.  I honestly have never used any Max VG juice in them.  I am not sure how it will wick with it.  I have read of people piercing the wick with a needle to help it wick, but, I have never had the need.

The .25 coils in OBS is supposed to have the best flavor and wicking of the 2, but it will not fire on your iStick.  There are not many mods that will fire a .25ohm coil.

I might suggest you look in to why you were having difficulties with the nautilus too.  The sub mini while most likely will perform better is still subject to poor performance if there is possibly some basic error or faulty or counterfeit parts.

Well nautilus BVC ones was ok before i washed them, then they got this chemical taste. After, i bought new coils, but they sent me BDC not BVC i ordered and those all have this chemical taste no matter how i use them. I tryed to wash new one, tryed to drag before pressing fire few times and added juice right into another coil but nothing worked... Meanwhile, i never had any problem with iClear 30, even after washing them 3+ times :) Not sure i wanna try something else from Aspire so Kanger it is, i do regret that i bought Nautilus not Protank before...

I quit using Aspire products a long time ago. The coils are more difficult to rebuild, and don't work as well as the kanger. I still use a Davide that came with a Aspire coil, but I found out the KPT3 coil works in it. I don't have a Nautilus Its quite possible you may be able to use a different coil.

I vote for the Kanger sub-tank too...

As for your Nautilus... you're in good company with lots of us that were fed up with inconsistent coils, gurgling, leaking coils, and no better flavor than a KPT (and Aspire coils costing sooo much more!).  I gave mine a good 6-month try, and finally gave it to a friend that is a die-hard Nautilus fan.

Funny, i never had problems with nautilus either.  My wife still uses two full size and one mini.   

The nautilus will not tolerate a single dry hit. If its not primed, it's over. Rebuild or toss. Once the coil goes, it's gone. Leaks past coil and no amount of cleaning brings it back but my ex perience has been thorough priming and not overpowering it and get 2- 4 weeks of consistent performance. 

The protank though is a workhorse. Especially if you make the coils yourself. Very forgiving.

The only problem I've had with my Nautilus mini is getting the damned end part off so I can fill it. The silly thing sticks so bad I can't get it off.  :(   Other than that, though, I've never had any other problem with it.

Priming means to drag new coils few times before pressing fire right? If so i did that, and even more then just few times but still nothing... :(

Is a combination of things... fill up the tank to the top and let the wicks suck up the e-liquid for abut 30 minutes, then do few dry hits ( without pressing the power button ), then lower the power to the very minimum that you battery allows, and do quick hits..4 or 5 in a row... then set the power to the correct settings for the e-liquid resistance, and you good to go,

Edited by cesar

Priming means to drag new coils few times before pressing fire right? If so i did that, and even more then just few times but still nothing... :(

It also means adding a few drops of juice  to the  cotton in your coil before installing it into the head  This way you know your wick is wet

I been using Kanger since I started vaping, I never had any problems... solid build, well made stuff. In fact I only changed the coil once in 6 months of vaping.

Edited by cesar

I quit using Aspire products a long time ago. The coils are more difficult to rebuild, and don't work as well as the kanger. I still use a Davide that came with a Aspire coil, but I found out the KPT3 coil works in it. I don't have a Nautilus Its quite possible you may be able to use a different coil.

The Davide tanks are amazing and work even better (imo) than the KPTs. I use my full sized and mini Davides with KPT single coils with no problem.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally bought Kanger sub tank mini 😁 and loving it, no probs so far and works rly good. Just 1 small prob that lil bit of e liquid is escaping from the bottom red rubber thing (o ring?) not much and rly slow but still... Was trying to replace it with the spare one but seems thats not working. Any ideas? Bought upgraded version with 0.5 and 1.5 ohm coils but sadly cant use 0.5 as i have iStick 20w not 30w as i said before, but gonna upgrade soon i guess 😊 Also im using it at 17w atm, thats ok? I mean maybe its using more liquid and gonna die sooner at higher w and i should drop some? Or its ok?

If you don't have a spare tank section that came with it, and the o-ring replacement didn't fix the issue, you can try removing the tank and flip it over.  Sometimes it will seal better if it is installed the other way (upside-down).  If that doesn't fix it, or you start getting flooding of the coil, then you'll need to replace the glass, as it seems that one might have a bur or dimple that is keeping it from sealing correctly.... it's a RARE thing, but it does happen :(

Make sure base is screwed to tank frame squarely and not crossthreaded.  Post a closeup pic of it assembled if you can.

Make sure coil is seated firmly

Should look like this:

20150806_105917_HDR.jpg

Ye ok, didnt tryed new glass yet, will do at liquid refill ;) Bebop, i didnt rly understud what ya ment, but looks pretty much as yours 3e4681febcc4f472bf683538d58a024c.jpg Sry for bad quality, my HTC camera wont take good photos at dark :( But you can see air bubles at those thin metal parts and at the bottom...

Hard to tell but I dont see red oring at the base where the glass meets the base.

Do you see the super thin red line right at base in my pic?

This oring

20150806_115523_HDR.jpg

That oring might be damaged. Try pulling it out and flipping it over.  Make sure you dont screw tank on too tight. 

The tank does not look crossthreaded