Worst Dry-Hit... EVER! (yes, I was stupid, lol)

I cleaned and re-wicked all of my RTA's last night, and only filled my authentic Russians (with my ADV) so they'd be ready to go this morning.  This morning, I reached into my tank rack for a fresh tank, popped it onto my IPV, and took a hit... OMG.. (is someone burning feathers?)... Horrible... worst dry-hit in my life...

When I looked down at the smoking mess in my hand, I realized, I grabbed the wrong tank... I grabbed one of  the clones I had re-wicked last night (the ones NOT filled)! 

I just took a 1.2 Ohm / 14W drag of pure, DRY, Organic Japanese Cotton!! :sick::sick:

Moral of the story... don't grab tanks in a dimly-lit room... you might just get an empty one (and now you have to clean it, re-coi, and re-wick... after you stop choking to death)! :D 

All but one of my Russians have the poly-tank section in place, but my ADV is fairly clear... so a full tank and empty tank look the same if you just glance at them.

I know what you mean about the all-steel bodied ones... you can tell when you're getting low because you start to get dry hits on the end of the drag, but if you forget to fill it up, you can get some nasty hits... still not nearly as bad as vaping fresh, dry cotton :D

I cleaned and re-wicked all of my RTA's last night, and only filled my authentic Russians (with my ADV) so they'd be ready to go this morning.  This morning, I reached into my tank rack for a fresh tank, popped it onto my IPV, and took a hit... OMG.. (is someone burning feathers?)... Horrible... worst dry-hit in my life...

When I looked down at the smoking mess in my hand, I realized, I grabbed the wrong tank... I grabbed one of  the clones I had re-wicked last night (the ones NOT filled)! 

I just took a 1.2 Ohm / 14W drag of pure, DRY, Organic Japanese Cotton!! :sick::sick:

Moral of the story... don't grab tanks in a dimly-lit room... you might just get an empty one (and now you have to clean it, re-coi, and re-wick... after you stop choking to death)! :D 

Time for a temp controlled mod?....hint hint....

Honestly, I am not sure TC could have helped the situation.  I have not tested it myself.