Shark Week

They're beautiful animals, but I think I much prefer to watch them from the safety of my TV set.

To answer your original question, no. I wasn't aware it was shark week. Will probably catch a show or two.  :)

Haha.  I have a friend who deathly afraid of sharks.  But she wouldn't miss shark week if you paid her.  Seriously, she eats it up.....so to speak. :lol:

We have our own shark week of the so cal coast, 2 days ago, 4 great whites just hanging out about 50 yards off shore.  Air shot of the surfers, with these sharks swimming under them. 

In hawaii, did shark diving from the safety of a cage, amazing creatures

I forgot it was shark week, but plan to watch a few here and there.

I am a hunter, and eat what I catch/kill... after Katrina hit the gulf-coast, I was in MS helping bring supplies to family that lived 30-miles from GulfPort.  While there, I heard they were begging archers and spear-fishers to take out the Bull Sharks that were deep into the fresh-water in MS and LA.  I took two males with archery gear :)  I kept a few teeth for necklaces and decoration, shipped some meat home, we had a fantastic family cook-out, and gave the bulk of the meat to the food-bank to help with disaster relief.

I'm with Tam... I prefer my sharks on TV or on a plate... even being in the safety of a big air-boat (with spears, arrows, and a rifle) with Bulls (many over 10') swimming around... I was terrified because they were HUNGRY!  I've swam (scuba) with dozens of species in the Atlantic off the coast of FL, but none so deadly as Bulls, Tigers, Hammerheads, or Great Whites!