Project Sub-Ohm SauceCode

jasonculp

Here is my first impressions of the Sauce Code:

Manufacturers Description:

Worldwide Release of the Project Sub-Ohm™ SauceCode™ BXDC Sub-Ohm Tank is NOW LIVE! #UltimateFlavorTank is Finally Here!

Introducing World's Most Advanced Top Filling Technology on the market today, The Dual Action Adjustable Chimney (DAAC) System. The Project Sub-Ohm™ SauceCode™ BXDC Sub-Ohm Tank features a truly leak resistant and spill resistant top filling system that doubles as a dual action juice control system, reinforced steel framing, adjustable quad airflow, bottom crossed dual coil design for incredible flavor, and cross compatibility with the coil Aspire Atlantis Sub-Ohm Tank Series!

100% Solely Designed, Engineered, and Developed in the USA by Project Sub-Ohm™!

NOTE: The recommended wattage for SauceCode™ Sub-Ohm Tank BXDC coil is between 10W - 40W. Please fully saturate the cotton when using a brand new BXDC coil.

Warning: Never use a short or flat 510 connection on any hybrid or hybrid style device. If unsure whether this pertains to your particular set-up, DO NOT assemble and use. Always use proper precautions and handling.

True Leak Resistant Top Fill System - Introducing World's Most Advanced Top Filling Technology on the market today, The Dual Action Adjustable Chimney (DAAC) System. The Project Sub-Ohm™ SauceCode™ BXDC Sub-Ohm Tank was designed with the explicit intent of advancing and reinventing the user experience for the extremely popular Sub-Ohm Tank market. One of the key pivotal features in the design and functionality of the SauceCode™ is the integration of a top filling system that not only makes the filling and refilling of the SauceCode™ easy and convenient, but also pairs with as a dual action juice control system. This system raises and lowers chimney, directly altering the exposure of juice to the wicking elements of the coil. The integration of this technology inherently makes the SauceCode™ leak resistant, as the wicking channels are completely sealed when the top filling cap is screwed off. The top filling cap also features one of the most accessible and largest filling areas of any tank in the market, allowing users to easily pour their desired amount of liquid into the SauceCode™.

True Adjustable Juice Control System - The SauceCode™ features one of the most discrete and truly coil independent juice control systems in the market today. The user can directly control and fine tune the raising and lowering of the center chimney by twisting the top cap in the appropriate direction, which in turn increases or decreases the exposure of the coil to liquid. This adjustment can be made without disassembling the tank in any shape or form, making this system completely user friendly and ergonomic.

True BXDC Sub-Ohm Coil - Introducing World's First Bottom Cross Dual Coil System (BXDC). First of its kind, the BXDC Coil System utilizes a crossed dual coil design with quad 4mm diameter airflow intake that pair directly with the quad exterior airflow, efficiently using all available airflow space to the direct benefit of the coil structure, greatly improving flavor production and quality. A full barrel diameter of 6mm runs through the entire system, maximizing flavor and airflow. Two distinct types of wicking materials are used within each BXDC Coil System. Density N2, a cellulose wick sourced from France and manufactured by Fiber Freaks, is utilized in the outside wicking elements of each coil due to its properties of faster and more efficient wicking rates. Japanese Organic Cotton is used in direct coil contact for its superior flavor recreation and production qualities. The utilization of this combination of wicking materials is one of the first of its kind in today's market in any aspect, combining the best and most effective qualities of both for the ultimate in user experience and flavor production. (Note: Please fully saturate the cotton before using)

True Coil Compatibility - The Project Sub-Ohm™ SauceCode™ is also directly compatible with the Aspire Atlantis Coil Heads, Sense Herakles Coil Heads as well as the Eleaf MELO Coil Heads, giving users the ability to use these coil heads within the SauceCode™ system. This compatibility also can be used in opposite, allowing for the advanced dual wicking and SauceCode™ BXDC heads to be utilized within the Aspire Atlantis and MELO ecosystems (Sense Herakles does not accept BXDC coils from our testing). The SauceCode™ RBA Head can also be used in the Aspire Atlantis, and MELO systems as well.

*Please Note: When Utilizing Other, Compatible Coils within the SauceCode, please ensure the contact pin is firmly pressed up to make contact. Thank You!

Product Specifications:

• 304 Stainless Steel
  • 22mm Diameter Pyrex Glass with 304 Stainless Steel Reinforced Framing
  • 4.5ml Tank Capacity
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Copper 510 Connection for Maximum Conductivity
  • 304 Stainless Steel Shorty Widebore Drip Tip
  • World's Most Advanced Top Filling Technology and Leak Resistant Top Fill System, The Dual Action Adjustable Chimney (DAAC) System
  • Dual Action Juice Control System
  • BXDC Sub-Ohm Coil Crossed Dual Coil Structure
    • Two Wicking Materials (Japanese Cotton, French Fiber Freaks)
    • Cross Compatibility with Aspire Atlantis and Eleaf MELO Coil Heads
    • Quad 4mm Diameter Base Airflow Intake for maximum air delivery
  • RBA Head
    • Fine Tune and Customized Vape Experience
    • Cross Compatibility with Aspire Atlantis and Eleaf MELO Bases
  • Adjustable Quad Airflow Measuring 6mm x 3mm Each
  • 6mm Full Barrel Diameter for Maximal Flavor and Airflow
  • Sleek, Refined, and Heavy Duty Look and Feel
  • Individually serialized for that personal touch
  • Iconic Project Sub-Ohm™ Engraving
  • 100% Solely Designed, Engineered, and Developed in the USA by Project Sub-Ohm™!

This is the box it came in

large.SauceCode-Box.jpg.affe8ef6571b329f

Here is what is included:

large.SauceCode-Box1.jpg.3baa8d8f1c1def2

Here are the parts of the tank:

Drip tip, Top Cap, Tank Assembly, Factory Coil .3 ohm, RBA section, Bottom/Airflow Controller

large.SauceCode-Parts1.jpg.b2f95e9f71e1a

large.SauceCode-Parts.jpg.49a68c28fbf2b6

So far I really like the tank.  Windows are a bit small, but juice is still visible.  The airflow is massive on this thing.  The dual, crossed coils look extremely good, but I have not used it as of yet.  The machining is superb.  Nearly no machine oil.  The drip tip is tiny, too short.

The RBA could be a different story.  It has both juice channels and holes in the chimney for wicking.  The insulator looks a little janky.  Like they drilled it off center and it does not fit correctly.  The screws are just nearly too small to trap the wire under.  Trying to wick this thing is just a guess for me.  I did the bunny ears method so the chimney could be tightened.  I trimmed them a 1/4 inch above the top caps and tried to stuff them down the sides covering the holes in the chimney, but not the juice channels.

I put a 28 gauge Ni200 build in it, 3mm 10 or 12 wraps for .17ohms.  I built it above the screws so I would have more room.  It is vaping great.  I really can't make a real comment on the flavor.  It is amazing, but, I put the wrong juice in it.  I am Frutti-Tutti in it from Fadora Vapor it is 50/50 18mg/ml.  I have been making an attempt to go down in nicotine so I have been cutting my daily juice by 50% with VG.  I grabbed the wrong bottle and used the pure Frutti-Tutti.  So my flavor comparison is not valid at this time.

I will post back in this thread as I use it more.

Edited by jasonculp
To remove links

That RBA section looks like a suped up sub mini - larger juice channels and holes in the barrel opposite the wick. I'll bet it performs nicely.  Let us know how she chooches. :)

That RBA section looks like a suped up sub mini - larger juice channels and holes in the barrel opposite the wick. I'll bet it performs nicely.  Let us know how she chooches. :)

So far so good.  As poor of a wicking job as I did on it, I would have thought I would have problems today.  I ran through nearly 2 full tanks at 30 watts and 400 degrees and had no dry hits.  I wish one of the smart guys would do a review so I could see how you are supposed to wick it.

Great review jason i will have to look into one of these tanks. (Next time lets see a video review...lol j/k)

I can't do video...lol.

I have not tried it yet, but have heard the factory coil is a bit muted.  The RBA is supposed to be very similar to the Anyvape SegaTank.

I will say so far the flavor is good with the RBA.  I wouldn't say it is much, if any, better than the SubTank mini, but it does have better airflow, juice control, and top fill. At $29.99 and I had a 10% off code, I didn't figure I could go too wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

With nearly 2 weeks on this tank, I can't say enough good about it. 

I took the short drip tip off and put the one off of my OBS on it (it is a bit longer). 

It is a pain to wick.  I have learned to take get it fully wicked and ready to go, then take a small peice of paper and slip it inside the chimney/cover.  I then put it over the coil and wick.  I hold the paper while I turn the chimney to tighten it.  If you don't do this the wick will get caught in the side holes and try to twist as you tighten it.

I like the deck on this much better than the SubTank Mini for Ni200 coils.  I guess my eyes are getting bad, because I can not get 10+ wraps of nickel in the SubTank Mini.  The problem is the small tabs that stick up on each side of the screws.  They make the Mini one of the easiest tanks to build Kanthal on, but get in the way with nickel.  With nickel you don't want the wraps or legs touching so I have to bring my legs in at an angle.  The tabs prevent this.  On the SauceCode the top of the deck is flat, and the screws trap the wires nicely.  I think 10 wraps is about the maximum though (with 28ga Ni200).

The top fill and juice control work flawlessly.  I will be hesitant to buy another tank without these features.  You can also rewick or recoil without emptying the tank.

I have not used the factory coils yet, so I really can't comment about them.  I am running it on a temp control mod and I don't think they have nickel coils yet.  With temp control my coils are lasting at least a week.  I was going to rewick today, but the coil and wick look nearly as good as the day I built them.  I don't change flavors in this tank, so no need to rewick.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines