What vape should I buy?

Kiiki

I still haven't decided what kind of a vapor I want. What I have now is something my parents bought 2 years ago, and they threw the box away. it doesn't say what kind of a vapor brand it is, just a logo on the vape that I haven't seen before.
The problem with that one is that I can't feel the throat hit, and the smoke coming out of it isn't impressive.
Even tho I got like 80% PG.
That could be a reason why there is to little smoke coming out of hit, but it should be perfect for throat hit. The flavour is also weak. after 3-4 times using it, it looses the flavour because I think it gets warm.

What I'm looking for is:
portable and not big. (Shouldn't be worried aboud breaking it if I have it in my pocket)
good flavour.
throat hit.
Some more smoke. (Not like cloud chasing)

I'm a mounth too long user.
I'm open for modding it, if it's necessary. but nothing to complicated.
MAX 200 dollars

I have been smoking for 10 years, and smoked 20 cigarettes a day.
I haven't smoked for 3 days now, just vaping without nicotine.

First, why are you vaping without any nicotine? Most people who start vaping are doing it to get off cigarettes/analogs, but start with nicotine and then step it down. To me, it seems almost like trying to go cold turkey off cigs by starting with no nic. Nicotine isn't the terrible thing the media and governments are trying to make it out to be, it's the 4000+ other carcinogens in cigarettes and burning tobacco that are more harmful, imo.

Yes, more PG will/should give you more throat hit, but so will a higher nic level. It's the VG that gives you the vapor (not smoke). If it were me, I would go with at the minimum of 60 PG/40 VG or 70 PG/30 VG. The first will give you more vapor. If you smoked 20 cigarettes a day, I would go with a 12 mg (minimum) or 18 mg of nic. That will increase your throat hit by quite a bit.

Look into getting an Eleaf iStick 30W or 50W for variable voltage/variable wattage battery. The 50W is going to be bigger and a bit heavier than the 30W. You might try with the 30W first? Or, if you want to stick with a pen style battery, you can't go wrong with the original Vision Spinner 1300 mAh (the Vision Spinner II at 1600 mAh is known to have some charging issues).

First, why are you vaping without any nicotine? Most people who start vaping are doing it to get off cigarettes/analogs, but start with nicotine and then step it down. To me, it seems almost like trying to go cold turkey off cigs by starting with no nic. Nicotine isn't the terrible thing the media and governments are trying to make it out to be, it's the 4000+ other carcinogens in cigarettes and burning tobacco that are more harmful, imo.

Yes, more PG will/should give you more throat hit, but so will a higher nic level. It's the VG that gives you the vapor (not smoke). If it were me, I would go with at the minimum of 60 PG/40 VG or 70 PG/30 VG. The first will give you more vapor. If you smoked 20 cigarettes a day, I would go with a 12 mg (minimum) or 18 mg of nic. That will increase your throat hit by quite a bit.

Look into getting an Eleaf iStick 30W or 50W for variable voltage/variable wattage battery. The 50W is going to be bigger and a bit heavier than the 30W. You might try with the 30W first? Or, if you want to stick with a pen style battery, you can't go wrong with the original Vision Spinner 1300 mAh (the Vision Spinner II at 1600 mAh is known to have some charging issues).

Thanks for the reply. Will look into it.

I'm aware of that nicotine isn't the most dangerous thing in a cigarette, but it's still not good for you.

I'm not using any nicotine because it's still not good for you and I just want to cut that off as fast as possible.

Thanks for the reply. Will look into it.

I'm aware of that nicotine isn't the most dangerous thing in a cigarette, but it's still not good for you.

I'm not using any nicotine because it's still not good for you and I just want to cut that off as fast as possible.

Nicotine is not dangerous at all... it is mildly addictive, just like caffeine.  Nicotine is also found in EVERY plant, vegetable and fruit on the planet!  Eggplant, tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes, squash.... all contain some of the highest levels in fruits/vegetables.  One Eggplant has the equivalent of 1/2-1 cigarette per serving!  A whole, ripe tomato is nearly the same...  Nicotine has never been responsible for a single case of cancer, either.  These are facts the government and health officials don't want you to know!

There is nothing wrong with wanting to cut away your Nicotine, just like choosing to avoid caffeinated beverages... but don't demonize Nicotine based on the propaganda spewed by the media and health-officials and government entities. 

Yeah nothing wrong with trying to knock out the nic. Many have done it successfully.

My advice, dont fret about weening yourself off nic. You can do it fairly rapidly. Much of what you are craving in a vape can be gotten from the nic. Trying to do it cold turkey like that reduces your success rate with vaping. Believe me, more people solve their dissatisfaction with vaping by upping their nic levels to get them off cigs. I would say a great majority attribute our success with vaping by dialing in the correct nic amount first. After that, you knock it down. One guy recently went from max nic down to nothing in a very short span of time.

Different strokes for different folks. Just my opinion in what may work for you.

Nicotine is not dangerous at all... it is mildly addictive, just like caffeine. Nicotine is also found in EVERY plant, vegetable and fruit on the planet! Eggplant, tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes, squash.... all contain some of the highest levels in fruits/vegetables. One Eggplant has the equivalent of 1/2-1 cigarette per serving! A whole, ripe tomato is nearly the same... Nicotine has never been responsible for a single case of cancer, either. These are facts the government and health officials don't want you to know!

There is nothing wrong with wanting to cut away your Nicotine, just like choosing to avoid caffeinated beverages... but don't demonize Nicotine based on the propaganda spewed by the media and health-officials and government entities.

While I wouldn't necessarily say nicotine isn't dangerous at all, (in high enough doses it can be deadly), and I can argue that it is more than mildly addictive, (my ex is a neuroscientist who works in the biotech industry...her master's thesis was based on the addictive properties of nicotine and the observations of lab mice and rats self-administering, something not even seen with opiates), what Earthling says about nicotine existing in fruits and vefetables is correct. Even people who have never picked up a cigarette are exposed to it on a regular basis.

On top of that, nicotine in and of itself has shown evidence in helping with memory retention and could potentially aid in battling Alzheimer's for those who suffer from it and it can also potentially aid in the prevention of it. (Alzheimer's research is the specific field my ex works in.) So there actually are proven benefits and potential benefits to nicotine.

That being said, I'm not trying to encourage anybody to stay on nicotine, even at low levels. It's a stimulant and there are adverse side-effects that range from mild to severe, (more on the severe side for those who are less physically active). My personal goal is to get to zero nic. But at the same time, remaining on low levels of nicotine isn't as dangerous as politicians and those with an anti-smoking/anti-vaping agenda, (and those who are purely ignorant of the facts) would like the population to believe.

Edited by Adversarious1

• 4 months later...

Nicotine is not dangerous at all... it is mildly addictive, just like caffeine.  Nicotine is also found in EVERY plant, vegetable and fruit on the planet!  Eggplant, tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes, squash.... all contain some of the highest levels in fruits/vegetables.  One Eggplant has the equivalent of 1/2-1 cigarette per serving!  A whole, ripe tomato is nearly the same...  Nicotine has never been responsible for a single case of cancer, either.  These are facts the government and health officials don't want you to know!

im sorry but that "fact" you wrote is so completely false... would love to hear where you heard that lol....

Edited by Lacit1707

im sorry but that "fact" you wrote is so completely false... would love to hear where you heard that lol....

Just out of curiosity, which specific fact of Earthling's are you claiming to be completely false?

Haha... okay, let me clarify...  my conversion was off... and I apologize for my error.  1mg = 1,000,000ng (not 1,000)

Yes, Eggplant is the highest Nicotine content of fruits/veggies... at 80-200 ng per whole plant (average of 100-200g size - about 1ng per gram), and I this would be equal to receiving "passive" or "second-hand" nicotine levels from standing next to a smoker.  To get the equivalent of a half a cigarette, yes, you would need to consume at between 0.025mg and 0.05mg of Nicotine, which would be 25,000 - 50,000g of Eggplant (55 - 110-lb).  [Explained further below:]

But, the average PACK of cigarettes contains between 8 and 20mg of Nicotine, so that means between 400,000 and 1,000,000 ng of Nicotine per cigarette.  Further reduction must be considered if the cigarette is filtered, as this can cut the Nicotine levels by half (or more), and consider some ultra-lights contain even less nicotine!  Nicotine levels vary from brand to brand, flavor to flavor, and country of origin, too....

SO, it's not out of the realm of possibilities to consume enough Nicotine in fruits and veggies to bring Nicotine levels in your body to the level of a smoker... which is only 500ng (AMA, FDA, and Insurance-institute levels to classify you as a smoker), up to highs in the 5,000ng range.  Yeah, okay, splitting hairs, I know... but if you follow the data below... you'll see that you actually get less Nicotine than you think (per filtered cigarette)... about 1000x less... or 0.1mg (100,000ng) of Nicotine per cigarette of the highest levels.

• How Many Milligrams of Nicotine in a Cigarette?

• It should be noted that a regular pack of cigarettes contains 8 to 20 milligrams of nicotine and from that only 1 mg is absorbed when it is smoked. Now on a smaller scale, this means from every cigarette stub containing approximately 1.2 mg of nicotine, the smoker will absorb around 0.1 mg of nicotine from it. Marlboro on the other hand, has lesser nicotine content at 0.8 mg.

A know by kanger is a nice size, 40 Watts of power just depends if you want to go mechanical but you could stay with 1.5/1.8  coil tanks like Aspire Nautilus. The know will run you about $40 to $45 but the Eleaf is not a bad choice