advice or input request about bottom coils

I'm a few months in on my vaping lifestyle, after smoking for 15+ years. I use a Aero protank 3 (pyrex), on a spinner and istick sticking around 3.8-4.2 volts. I prefer the sweeter Ejuices (butterscotch is my FFAVORITE!) at 70vg/30pg mix, just ordered more at 50/50 mix. I use the bottom coils offered.... (smoketech kanger...) my coils need changing FREQUENTLY. The juices clog them fast. Any better coils recommended?!?!

Edited by Daniyelleeeee81

Keep adding...sorry. I also dont care about vaper or whatnot. I chain vape and just want the satisfaction cigs gave me. I was actually suprised to learn I even liked flavor besides red tobacco flavor... (now not my thing ) also at around 12 mg.nic. started qt 24 and got sick so learned to thin out all my juices with zero to make 12ish. Thanks again! :)

The more flavorful the liquid the quicker it will carbon up elements. That's just the way it is. Hotter ,either lower resistance or higher voltage may help burn some off but you will just go through liquid quicker. Look for lighter liquids if you are trying to be value minded.

Also, the more VG, the faster the coil goes. The 50/50 might give you a little more time but if it's a sweet, dark juice, they tend to gunk up coils pretty quickly (doesn't matter what kind of coils, either).

Dual coil, single coil, vertical coil... it does not matter... like everyone else has indicated... the darker the juice, the faster that coil will fail... The thicker the juice (high VG ratio), the faster that coil will fail...  The sweeter the juice, the faster that coil will fail....  And you have ALL THREE! :D

Like Tam suggested, move to 50/50 juices, or even 60/40, if you don't mind the throat hit of higher PG.  Stop the extra shots of sweetener if you can, and try a different brand of your favorite flavor... chances are, a different brand won't be as dark, and won't be so bland that you need to add sweet or flavor shots!

If you are using dual coils try switching to Kanger single coils. I use about as sweet a liquid as there is in 80%vg and never have an issue in the same style tank but when I tried the dual coils that came with the tanks they were far inferior imo.

• 1 month later...

So i ordered 20 1.5ohm coils the other day and wouldn't ya know i found out today that i prefer 1ohm coils,so i guess ill suffer through the 1.5s then start buying the 1s. Kangertech dual bottom that is

Edited by BFD

I find if you pull the stem off the coil heat it up good and hot and then drop a drop of water on it and it boils off all the gunk being careful not to burn your wick, i then lightly clean off remaining gunk with a qtip

I wouldn't use the water, but some people do. The only thing you may damage is the coil. It is a crap shoot when it comes to the coil popping. If you do get water in your mod it could damage it. That is a slim risk, but could happen.

Just the heat from the coil when it gets red hot will burn all the gunk off. Like comp says the wick will take a lot of heat. Maybe more than the wire, I have had a few wires pop while dry burning and the wick wasn't burnt.

With my mini Davide and dessert type juice, they gunk up pretty quick.
If I use a premade coil, they are hit and miss on time between cleaning.
I get more time with rebuilds using Koh Gen Do cotton.

Those of us that choose to vape dessert type juice ( mine is caramel/vanilla ) learn they can gunk up a coil pretty quick.
I find that I can go 2 fills on my russian before I need to rewick.
Got the time and a couple years supply of wick material, so...
Just something I have come to accept for the enjoyment.