Am I doing something wrong?

Onewithwings

I bought a new vape a few days ago (Nautilus mini), it works great, but I'm already experiencing reduced airflow (even at the highest airflow setting) and the juice is turning dark. I still get a good amount of vapor, but not much taste at all. I literally got it like 3 days ago. I'm still pretty new to this and wondering if I've missed something.

If you are experiencing reduced airflow on the nautilus mini and the juice is turning dark your coil is burnt...you need to epmty the tank and clean it and start with a fresh coil...also if your juice ratio is too high- say 80vg/20pg it will burn up those coils quick. I know because it happened to me i have both a full size and mini nautilus.

I got a Mini a couple months ago. I use 50/50 juice about 30mL a week, the first coil lasted about a month, maybe a little less. The extra one that came with it lasted about 3 or 4 days. I keep it set around 8 watts, never over 10. Coils generally last me around 2 weeks on average.Towards the end of the life of the coil, I get exactly what the OP described. Sounds like shen is on the mark to me, time to clean it out and get a new coil.

welcome to VT. I would personally go to the B&M you got it from and let them do right by you. A coil shouldn't go bad in 3 days under normal use.

I agree with you there jake...but i have on more than one occasion put a brand new factory coil in my nautilus and didnt even get through half a tank and it burned out....there is instances of bad factory coils..but this is just my experiences...but yea i would take it back to the shop and talk to them about it. Edited by shen_long86

You never mentioned what kind of battery you're using the Nautilus mini on. If you have something that's variable voltage/variable wattage, and it's set too high, that could also burn up your coils faster.

Do not forget to prime your coils with juice for at least 30 seconds before you start to vape, if your wicks are dry when you are firing up your battery you will burn your coils too and you will taste the burn, and give your tank a good clean before you replace the coil.

Nautilus minis come with a 1.6 ohm and 1.8 ohm coil, if I remember correctly. 4.0 volts might be a tad too high for this resistance, which could be why the coil burnt out so fast. Another thing to keep in mind is that dark and/or sweet juices tend to gunk up coils faster, as do higher VG juices.

If I were you, I'd clean out your tank and start with a fresh coil. Set your battery at its lowest power setting. Vape. If it doesn't do it for you, turn it up just a bit. Vape. Continue doing this until you get a slight burnt taste, then back it down a tad. That should be the sweet spot for your juice. Each flavor will have its own preferences of how much heat it likes. Fruits, generally, tend to prefer lower volts/watts, while bakery flavors usually need a little more heat.

Coffee flavors usually like a slightly higher temperature. Start with the 3.8V and try going up in tiny increments. Back it down when you get the slightly burnt taste.

Did you say how long you've been vaping? During the first weeks (could be months), your tastebuds are changing/healing, so things will taste different or not at all. With vaping, it also helps to exhale out of your nose and mouth to get the best flavor. Another thing to keep in mind is that you'll stop being able to taste one flavor if you vape it too long. Most of us (with bcarter being the exception), change flavors several times during the course of a day just to keep things fresh. Go from the strong coffee flavor to a tart candy flavor or a mint or something pretty different. Keep in mind that coffee is a pretty strong flavor so it may need something equally strong to get your taste buds back in line. Also, inhaling the fragrance of ground coffee helps to reset the taste buds too. Just don't snort it.  :lol:

How much water have you been drinking? You could be dehydrated when you can't taste anything from your juice. IT has happened to me.

I also have had the same thing happen with the Nautilus tanks. Once the coil goes bad your juice will turn darker and you will lose the flavor.

Who makes your juice wings?

How much water have you been drinking? You could be dehydrated when you can't taste anything from your juice. IT has happened to me.

I also have had the same thing happen with the Nautilus tanks. Once the coil goes bad your juice will turn darker and you will lose the flavor.

Who makes your juice wings?

I drink a good amount of water. Don't think that's the problem. I get my juice from Old Pueblo Vapor Lounge here in Tucson. I've always heard good things about them. I joined this forum because I'm going to try to upgrade to mods eventually but I don't want to blow my face up.  :vava: