Vape smoke tastes thick when first inhaled.

Son of Winter

So I noticed that the vapor tastes... Well thick is the best way I can explain it if I don't use it for a few hours like when I wake up or just don't use it for a while. Could this be due to the flavour or is this normal for a vape pen? Any answers will be appreciated :)

Edited by Son of Winter

That's a new way of describing something I am sure we all have done. For the most part more vapor is the goal except when you are trying to be sneaky. If you don't use it for a while I would guess the coil is getting good and saturated with liquid,then as you vape a while it does not replenish as fast as you are vaporizing it. Not know what you are using it would be hard for anyone to make a suggestion on changing the situation. Another thing that happens is the battery recovers a little during idle times and the first few hits are at a higher voltage. For more vapor use less resistance coils and or higher voltage for less vapor use higher resistance coils and or lower voltage. Those are only options for more advanced or mainstream devices. The convenience store ecigs are pretty much run what you brung.

If you upgrade to a mod with more power it will feel even thicker at the start. The more I vape during the day the less heavy feeling it is. If you upgrade to a vv/VW mod you can adjust the power down at the start of the day and crank it up as needed.

I get that effect if I drop my airflow without adjusting the wattage on my mod. Still being new to this myself, I also start my day at a low wattage and gradually step up throughout the day. By the time I have a seat in the mancave and crack open a beer after work, I'm blowing clouds big enough to obscure the TV [emoji1]

Edited by Adversarious1

Learn to walk before you try to run. There's nothing wrong with a pen-style battery, they're good, dependable no-fuss batteries perfect to get to know your way around. When you're more comfortable and have learned about different coils, ohms, cleaning, maintenance, etc. then, you can easily move to the next level.  :)

Learn to walk before you try to run. There's nothing wrong with a pen-style battery, they're good, dependable no-fuss batteries perfect to get to know your way around. When you're more comfortable and have learned about different coils, ohms, cleaning, maintenance, etc. then, you can easily move to the next level. :)

But...but...but...I wanted more! [emoji33]

But...but...but...I wanted more! [emoji33]

If that's the case, I'd suggest either an Eleaf iStick 50W or an IPV mini or IPV mini2. The latter two use external batteries that you take out and charge separately. The iStick's battery in enclosed and not meant to remove.  :)

If that's the case, I'd suggest either an Eleaf iStick 50W or an IPV mini or IPV mini2. The latter two use external batteries that you take out and charge separately. The iStick's battery in enclosed and not meant to remove. :)

I actually went with a Sigelei 100w plus. That's what I meant by I wanted more. My EMOW is great for my commute, but the Sigelei is nice for longer vape sessions and gives me plenty of room to grow.

Of course, I have plenty of other "toys" in my crosshairs also.

I know exactly what your taking about. And it's magnified on a high wattage device. It takes 5 to 7 draws before it's back to normal after it's sat awhile. I can't take full draws until that wears off