Funny sound from coils?

vaping_jake

So i built 2 10 loop coils using gplat 26 guage wire. Total resistance is 0.45 ohms , my Ipv mini reads it at 0.4ohms. I am using Japanese organic cotton as the wic. The rda is a doge and i am using it on a nemesis mech mode with a sony vtr 4 battery. I have dripped 50/50, 60/40 and 70/30 juices on it. I have checked all screws on the deck and they are snug.

The problem is, when i use the setup, i get a new wierd sound. I would say it sounds like a whistle maybe a sizzle sound. The sound even lasts a milli second or two after i release the switch. I checked the voltage cuts off when i release the switch. I have had the cap off the doge, and when powered i am not getting to much spit (not sure if thats the correct term for it).

I am wondering if I used to much or to little cotton? When i inserted the cotton i made sure i was able to go back and forth with it without moving the rda deck but feeling a lite resistance.

i never used gplat before, is this normal with this type of wire?

I do get vapor from it, but what is making the sound? It just weird to me.

Jake does it sound like bacon in a frying pan? I get that sometimes with my dripper. Especially when I first burn off the coil after removing the wick when I am about to rewick. Or when I over drip before hitting it. I have heard it also with others when they are hitting thiers.

Yeah that's interesting.

When you fire coil without cotton, does it heat evenly from center outward?

Are there hot spots?

I'm assuming it's a micro coil - are there any gaps?

My first guess is too little cotton. Does it dry hit quickly?

When i energized the coils pre-wic, they glow from center outwards, and then glow evenly with no sound that can be heard. There are no gaps between windings. Maybe i shoudl also mention the coils are not perpendicular to the base. They rise from the center up, meaning the coil is at its heights near the end posts. SOme sort of chimney effect????

Good question with the dry hit..... i have not had a dry hit. i have taken taken 4 to 5 deep hits with no dry hts, typically i drip at that point 3 drips per coil.

i do not see any burn marks on the cotton, of course can only say that with the cotton i can see.

Asked a freind about it and he is curious why it doesn't insanely "spit". His thought is from the inside bottom of coil is getting wet cotton top part is gettng little cotton. His other thoery is if its vaping dont worry about it....lol