Intro and nearly a month without analogs

drllama

So I figure I should probably introduce myself since I'll be lurking (and maybe posting from time to time) from here on out.

My wife and I quit on New Year's Day, switching from 2+ packs a day to our shiny new EVOD IIs. So far so good, we haven't ripped each others' faces off yet smile.png

I'd been smoking since I was 14 years old (young and stupid), and finally at 50, I'm done with them. We've tried a couple of times in the past. Once we made it nearly four months before a major stress hit and we convinced ourselves we could have just one for "medicinal purposes".... and within a week we were smoking again. A few years ago we tried again with the eGo, but those little plastic cartridges were not all that fun, kept getting a mouthful of juice, or they'd leak, or... meh. Didn't work.

This time it feels like we're going to make it. We're pretty much past the point where we're craving actual cigarettes (we're using 24mg juice, so nicotine levels have pretty much stayed the same), and as soon as I get my hands on some 0mg base liquid (any day now, watching for the postman!) I'm going to start slowly weaning us down off the nicotine.

All in all, things are going pretty smoothly. My wife still does have some trouble pulling good smoke, but the new coils we just got seem to be helping there, and when our extra batteries arrive (she's still using the old eGo batteries as the button is easier for her to find), the last sticky point will be gone I think!

Happy vaping!

Wanted to comment on the Zeppelin posts but I guess you gotta have a few posts before posting in other forums. Arguably the best rock-n-roll band of all time. Anyhow, signed up here a few days ago. I smoked for 28 years and starting vaping in December 2013. Started with cig-a-likes and worked my way up to spinners in about a month. Just got an itaste mvp 20 watt in the vape mail yesterday and wow what a difference. A real game-changer for me. Anyhow , hello. Happy to have found a new community.

So I figure I should probably introduce myself since I'll be lurking (and maybe posting from time to time) from here on out.

My wife and I quit on New Year's Day, switching from 2+ packs a day to our shiny new EVOD IIs. So far so good, we haven't ripped each others' faces off yet smile.png

I'd been smoking since I was 14 years old (young and stupid), and finally at 50, I'm done with them. We've tried a couple of times in the past. Once we made it nearly four months before a major stress hit and we convinced ourselves we could have just one for "medicinal purposes".... and within a week we were smoking again. A few years ago we tried again with the eGo, but those little plastic cartridges were not all that fun, kept getting a mouthful of juice, or they'd leak, or... meh. Didn't work.

This time it feels like we're going to make it. We're pretty much past the point where we're craving actual cigarettes (we're using 24mg juice, so nicotine levels have pretty much stayed the same), and as soon as I get my hands on some 0mg base liquid (any day now, watching for the postman!) I'm going to start slowly weaning us down off the nicotine.

All in all, things are going pretty smoothly. My wife still does have some trouble pulling good smoke, but the new coils we just got seem to be helping there, and when our extra batteries arrive (she's still using the old eGo batteries as the button is easier for her to find), the last sticky point will be gone I think!

Happy vaping!

Congrats for making the commitment to give it up. As you progress your equipment will gradually improve and it will get easier to leave smoking behind. Just remember what works for everyone else may not necessarily work for you. But most of all just remember to KISS.

Good for you and congrats. My story sounds a lot like yours but I started smoking at 12 and went on puffing 11 years longer till 61. Now vaping not smoking for almost 2 years. It sure was the right decision. Welcome to VT.