New Kanger Sub Tank Mini and Nano

OK Comp, I think you just answered my question. It is time for me to buy more tanks and coils so I was wondering if there was a new and improved tank since the Nautilas regular size. I use a Provari so it looks like a good strong tank for that. The only problem is it may be over my head. I definitely would not want to try to rebuild coils for it. It has been so long since I have been on the forum due to work. I do not know what a SUB tank is and I don't know what OCC is. Would you please explain these terms to me? If you think this is a good tank for me can I buy it without the screw driver and all for rebuilding coils? Also, do you sell these or someone else? Thank you for educating me.

Patricia. The sub tank mini will accept a premade coil that is made with organic cotton (OCC - Organic Cotton Coil). It also has a replacement rebuildable coil that you can make your own coils so you can use it either way, with premade coils or rebuild them if you desire. I can't speak for their performance as I have not tried them. Take a look at the very first post for a description and picture. Since you probably won't be rebuilding coils below 1ohm it should work fine on your Provari.

Edited by Bebop

The Kanger sub-tank comes with a 0.5 Ohm and 1.2 Ohm OCC head-unit. The Provari will not fire anything below 1.2 Ohms, you would only be able to use the 1.2 Ohm coil-heads. Also, if the coil head is not 1.2 Ohms or higher it won't work on the Provari... so there is a slim chance the coil will be 1.18 or something like that, and will not work.... not what you wanted to hear, but I thought I should toss it out there smile.png

I've not tried the Kanger subtank either, but I want one... If you want to go that route, have you thought of a small box-mod like the IPV-mini? Right now you can get them for $40-50, and they use a single 18650 battery... very accurate, will work with the 0.5 Ohm OCC head, and will fire up to 30W, which is better performance than your Provari, in a hand-friendly size/shape. Kanger also has a K-box, which was designed to work specifically with the subtanks... 40W model is on sale at 101Vape.com right now for $27! A subtank and new mod would run you $60-70, depending on if you bought the full-size or mini subtank?

Edited by Earthling789

Patricia, in addition to the information that Earthling provided, I've found that the resistance of your coil goes down/changes as you use it. My 2.0 ohm coils (checked on two ohm meters for accuracy), went down as I used it until my Provari would no longer fire it. Yet, when I changed it to my IPV mini (which fires coils down to 0.5 ohms), it fired up right away and I was able to continue vaping on it. Just something to think about before you spend money on a sub-ohm tank.

Well Earthling I liked your info so much I went out and got me a K-Box and 2 new batteries to go with it for less then $50.00 delivered at Sweet Vapes. They had them on sale also for $28.00. I figured I got my tanks and coils there so I got the rest there. Thank you for the information. I always said I would never buy one of the boxes because I thought they were ugly but that silver K-Box looks real nice and the new tanks will look good on it. Thanks again for everyones advice and information.

Sorry I missed your question Patricia been really busy today. I see that you had it answered by our best. :D

Well Earthling I liked your info so much I went out and got me a K-Box and 2 new batteries to go with it for less then $50.00 delivered at Sweet Vapes. They had them on sale also for $28.00. I figured I got my tanks and coils there so I got the rest there. Thank you for the information. I always said I would never buy one of the boxes because I thought they were ugly but that silver K-Box looks real nice and the new tanks will look good on it. Thanks again for everyones advice and information.

I am ready to give kanger another try as well, that mini looks right up my alley.

Did I see these coils in nickel or was I dreaming?

Jason, Try here...http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers-cartomizers-tanks/kanger-88/kanger-subtank.html

Raider, This is what I saw...http://sweet-vapes.com/apvs/vaporshark/vaporshark-kanger-subtank-nickel-occ-coils.html

• 3 weeks later...

kid at work took this pic yesterday to compare show his friend.

L-R Full Size, Mini, Nano

20150320_102333.jpg

waiting on Kanger SubTank Plus to be released next week, they our shop will have the entire series...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines