Thinking Of A Different Battery

T-Bone

Just out of curiosity, what do you dislike about replaceable coil tanks? And isn't ego just the standard for the threads used?

I hope that, if I buy the iStick, the chargers I have will work...don't want to keep spending money, lol.

Many reasons:

1. higher cost to replace coil(s)/wick(s)

2. lacks flavor/vapor output a rebuildable is capable of (with the exception of the new aspire atlantis tank)

3. should the manufacturer ever go out of business or discontinue support for a tank I would be SOL on replacement coils of a replaceable coil tank where there will always be cotton available and kanthal/nichrome wire available to rebuild mine with.

4. no control over quality of a replacement coil vs building my own I have 100% control over the build quality.

as for ego: yes it is a thread standard. 510 is another thread standard. I use 510 thread tanks.

3. should the manufacturer ever go out of business or discontinue support for a tank I would be SOL on replacement coils of a replaceable coil tank where there will always be cotton available and kanthal/nichrome wire available to rebuild mine with.

4. no control over quality of a replacement coil vs building my own I have 100% control over the build quality.

Kanger Pro Tank coils are easy to rebuild, and you can have all the control you want and more when rebuilding these coils. Or better yet, just order rebuilt twisted wire Tiger coil KPT replacement coils from Comp (Fadora Vapor). You can easily take out the old wick, dry burn, rewick and reuse these rebuilt coils for a ridiculously long time. :)

As far as tank threading, ego threading is standard for smaller type tanks - like Evods and the same capacity thereabouts - otherwise, the standard is a 510 connector for larger tanks - your protanks, well, just about anything larger than an evod sized tank. I don't even use my evod tanks or my mini protanks anymore (all with ego connections), and SOME APVs don't come with an ego fitting, you have to get an 510 to ego adapter for ego threaded tanks to work with them.