Spinner 2 May Be a Gonner

Okay. When it works I love the Spinner.

I have a relatively newish Vision Spinner. Aside from it having the known charging issue (stops mid charging), I have a new issue.

It does the same thing on several chargers and the chargers all charge other batteries just fine so it's not a charger issue. When I plug in the battery, the on off flashes normally and then lights up amber and stays lit. The charger changes green as if done charging. I disconnect battery and reconnect. Same thing, steady amber light. And it will sit there for hours with no change. If I disconnect the battery it will do nothing. I can't turn it on, it doesn't flash, nothing. This battery is only a couple months old. It has seen normal use in rotation and never been dropped, exposed to water etc. It is a mystery.

Any ideas? The Spinner has always been good to me but with the charging problems and now this I'm getting ready to jump ship, lol. Maybe it found out I just bought a Joye 1300 twist? :)

I had the same thing happen to one of my eGo-Ts a few weeks ago... worked fine, put it on the charger, went green, assumed it charged, but it never came back on... put it back on the charger and lights flashed as they should, and charger would not change from red even after 6-hrs. It was maybe 6 months old (bought in May), and it did see some rain once or twice, but that was months ago. As with any battery, sometimes you just get a defective one that won't last long :(

I've not pulled the trigger on a Spinner, because I don't care for the extra expense of VV when I use 3.6-3.8V normally with my KPT3-minis @ 1.5 Ohms.

Hopefully, Vision hasn't started making some second-rate batteries with their V2's... Something like this will seriously hurt their reputation...

There is bound to a bad apple here and there. It is the number of bad to good that matters. If you have say 1000pcs and 1 of those is bad, not such a big deal. If you do 1000pcs and 100 are bad, then you have a major issue. I'm wondering how many other people are having the same problem with the Spinners.

There is bound to a bad apple here and there. It is the number of bad to good that matters. If you have say 1000pcs and 1 of those is bad, not such a big deal. If you do 1000pcs and 100 are bad, then you have a major issue. I'm wondering how many other people are having the same problem with the Spinners.

But it's my silver one. The one I love. The one that doesn't looked scuffed up. Why couldn't it be one of the white ones or black ones that look like it's been through the war??..? :)

I read somewhere that adjusting the voltage may change symptoms when charging. Suggestion was to spin it to max volts when charging. Might be worth a try.

Well I tried that. Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't think of that but no luck. Guess it's a dud. :(

I had one do that once. Tried cleaning the connection end of the battery with a Q-tip and alcohol, pulled up the center pin a little, put it on a different charger and it went back to charging like "normal". Might give that a try?

None of my 12 spinner 2s have had any issue and the charging issue has disappeared once I started using Vision chargers. Funny thing the Vision chargers do not charge Spinner 1s without the lights flashing every couple minutes. For me that problem was fixed by stopping use of my Joyetech chargers with the 2s but I have to use the Joyetech to charge the 1s.

Your other issue is exactly what happened when one of my 1300mah 1s bit the dust after a little over a year and a saltwater bath lol.

I have 5 1300mah and 12 Spinner 2s between the wife and I and no issues. About everyone I know uses the Spinner 2s at this point unless they carry a mod. I think it's a bad apple. The only Spinner I have since atarting vaping in April of 2013 that has died was submerge in the surf for almost an hour. When the tide went out 1 saw the lanyard that broke in the surf swishing around and the battery was under the sand about 6inches with only the tip of the lanyard sticking out. I put it in a glass of rice overnight and used it for a couple more months before it died but when it did did the symptoms were the same as described in the OP.

Wow thanks for all the help guys.

So I'm wracking my brain here. I'm thinking I got it wet. Didn't submerge it but the other day i was changing coils and cleaning tanks at the sink and i had put the bat down on the sink and it is quite possible it got wet. Either from splashing around or possibly sink was wet and i didn't notice. Sounds like all the signs are pointing towards moisture.

I've given it a thorough cleaning and it's drying out now....we'll see....