New Layout

Although I like the layout, I'm not to keen on the purple color. Will there be a way to change the colors like there was on the other layout?

When I go to do a copy paste the purple over powers the gray text an I can not read what is highlighted.

As far as navigation it seems much easier to get around with the top Nav bar. I like that I don't have to open the store and then navigate to the area I want to view. I think this layout is very clean and I do not have to look to find what I need.

Over all I do like this new setup.

Tell you what I'll enable the .4 version for VIP's we are planning on adding a darker version of this theme as well (This is the default theme)

The Goal is to have Default | Darker | Night Mode.

As for the text I believe we can easily make the text bigger and also darker no problem, I can work on this this evening. As for the customization option per user this isn't planned until we switch over to the new software version of IPB (which is just around the corner) primarily because it's easier to code all at once.

But if we can get everyone here to post all of their issues and feedback I'll create a bullet point list and work on it with the team so we can make some adjustments.

@Comp can you screenshot the highlight issue you're talking about?

I love it so far... but my only issue is either the font (too thin), or the color (too light)... different font or 20% darker will be just fine for me... I am really liking the layout!

Oh, and there's still not a 'View New Content' link at the bottom of the page... While the 'top of page' auto-scroll is nice, I sometimes just want to jump back to new content :)

Here is a screen shot Chris:

gallery_1116_216_51415.jpg

ah I see what you mean now, that is pretty horrible! This we can fix no problem. Might take a day or so while we get a changelog going but that's no good. Thanks for bring it up, honest, these feedback threads are great for us.

I love it so far... but my only issue is either the font (too thin), or the color (too light)... different font or 20% darker will be just fine for me... I am really liking the layout!

Oh, and there's still not a 'View New Content' link at the bottom of the page... While the 'top of page' auto-scroll is nice, I sometimes just want to jump back to new content :)

Seems to be the running complaint to far, this we'll definitely change!

All of my issues have been addressed by others. Looks good.

A couple of forums don't come up on "new content" (which I use almost exclusively) Rants is one. Maybe that's by design. I think another one I miss unless I look for it manually is supplier "deals". I like to know when vendors (including VT) run specials but those never come up on "new content" (may be by design as well).

All of my issues have been addressed by others. Looks good.

A couple of forums don't come up on "new content" (which I use almost exclusively) Rants is one. Maybe that's by design. I think another one I miss unless I look for it manually is supplier "deals". I like to know when vendors (including VT) run specials but those never come up on "new content" (may be by design as well).

This is true of both. Rants because it's often uncensored and deals because we try to limit spam in the new content section. (When we had it enabled suppliers were really pounding the new content area with "deals")

Eventually though I'd like to rid of the deals area on the forum completely and opt for something on the front end of the site (with a link up on the main menu) ECF has a coupon/deals system and we're working to create something similar. I'd also like to add in features that break the deals down IE coils, tanks, batts etc etc

And damn Bebop when did you end up with 2,870 posts! How quickly a year and a half flies by.

I am not sure why there are two different login buttons if everything got unified into one account. And not sure if it is related email conformation from VT store seems to have gone away resulting in my placing duplicate orders yesterday.

Thanks, Christopher.

And damn Bebop when did you end up with 2,870 posts! How quickly a year and a half flies by.

Right? I can hardly believe it myself. I'm trying to picture what a pile of 12,000 cigarettes would look like. ;)

I am not sure why there are two different login buttons if everything got unified into one account. And not sure if it is related email conformation from VT store seems to have gone away resulting in my placing duplicate orders yesterday.

Email confirmations are still sent out. I would double check your spam folder in case it's getting snagged.

Though there are multiple login buttons on the forum, they both perform the same function on the backend. Some users prefered the pop up box, some couldn't find the login link. So we added both and the tickets went down *shrug* I know it's redundant but it seems to help a few users.

The site looks really good on my tablet, but a little bland on my PC. Small and light text is the main thing. I give it 1¾ thumbs up.

Though there are multiple login buttons on the forum, they both perform the same function on the backend. Some users prefered the pop up box, some couldn't find the login link. So we added both and the tickets went down *shrug* I know it's redundant but it seems to help a few users.

A little redundancy is fine. A little redundancy is fine. :mellow:

Edited by Rixter