Not Sure If It's Broke, Or What...

If you remove it from the battery, or loosen it quite a bit is it still a tight draw?

Hmm, no it isn't...

My guess is it is the coil... replace the coil. Sometimes the silicone insulator collapses and then plugs the draw. Replacing the coil fixes the issue.

I did change out the coil, still hard to draw from.

Hmm, no it isn't...

I appologize, I was thinking of a different tank. I went back and looked at the protank 3 mini and I don't think over tightening can block the airflow holes in the base. There are the 3 small holes on the bottom-most piece. If they get blocked it will stop airflow. They are high enough on the base I doubt they can be covered up. The airflow comes up the middle of the coil so make sure there is nothing blocking it there either.

Edited by jasonculp

I appologize, I was thinking of a different tank. I went back and looked at the protank 3 mini and I don't think over tightening can block the airflow holes in the base. There are the 3 small holes on the bottom-most piece. If they get blocked it will stop airflow. They are high enough on the base I doubt they can be covered up. The airflow comes up the middle of the coil so make sure there is nothing blocking it there either.

But if I take it off the battery I can blow right through the tank no problem. I'm going to clean around those little holes...

I have a bad habit of blocking one of the holes with my finger, if I fire my battery with my thumb :( But, I'd say you have some gunk in the base which is restricting airflow one one or more of the air-flow holes? pop off the base, remove the coil, and rinse the base under some hot water, then blow through each of the holes to remove any gunk... rinse again and dry it off... should work better?

There is also one other thing you can do. I have the KPT 2 minis and I found that if I enlarge the hole I get better air flow and flavor. Get the smallest drill bit you can find 1/64th or smaller and open up one of the holes. You don't want to open it up to much, about the diameter of a paper clip. Just one should be enough. The base is very soft metal and it can be done by hand no drill needed.

Very weird. I just disassembled the whole tank, cleaned it out blew as hard as I could through all parts, went through the threads with a toothpick, used a thumbtack to poke through the small holes on the base...

Still tight.

Was working perfectly until I tried a new juice.

When that happens to me I just take the coil out and push a corsage pin through the holes to make sure they're cleared out. Corsage pins are thicker than regular pins and needles, it's just the right size to unplug anything that may have gotten stuck in there... :)

Check to see if your threads on the battery conflict with the airholes in the side of the base.

You can try raising the positive post/disc on the battery slightly so it makes contact sooner. I have found on some batteries the threads are different lengths and do restrict airflow. Next best thing is reaming out the air holes as comp describes