Nic levels...

Mirage

Can anyone kinda sorta send me down the right path... I am curently vaping and smoking at the same time. I smoke a full flavor 100mm cig at 1 pack a day right now. Does anyone know how much nic Im taking in per cigs or per pack? I really want to match the nic level as much as I can right now because I can become a real *** when I don't have it... Bottom line... I've got to give up the stink sticks fast... 31 years of smoking has been enough and Im done with the poo Ive done to my body.

Thank you in advance my new friends... Jimbo

At 1 pack a day I would recommend 18-24mg for your E-Liquid. It is more than Nicotine that smokers crave with an analog so there is some willpower involved. I was a 1- 1 1/2 packs a day of Camel 99s. I do not get what my body craves with any less than 18-24mg and mostly 24mg. If 24 makes you dizzy or makes you feel nauseated, then drop to 18.

What Comp said. :)

Here is a rough estimate:

24 mg of nic is roughly equal to full flavor cigarettes like Marlboro Reds.

12 mg nic = Marlboro Lights

6 mg nic = Ultra lights

Keep in mind that these are just guidelines and are not exact, but it will give you a ballpark to start in. :)

I was a pack a day Marlboro Light smoker but I started with 24 mg of nic until I got off the analogs for several months. Then, I dropped it down to 12 mg for daily use. Now, I'm all over the place. When I can't vape very often I go to 24 mg so I can take a few draws and I'm good for a bit. During a "normal" day, my go-to is 12 mg. At night when I'm chain vaping to my heart's content I'm now dropping it down to 6 mg so I don't get too much nic. YMMV.

24mg then step down from there......or don't. It's all up to you. I know people that have vaped 24mg for years. I was 24mg for about 6 months then went to 18mg and that's where I plan to stay. I still use some 24mg but 18mg is the ADV.

Hey thanks for the replys. I took everyone's advice yesterday and went to a local B&M. Picked myself up a bottle of 24mg. Guess what happened. All afternoon, evening and night went by and I didn't even want a cig !!! It was the nic level just like you all told me. Thank you all for your advice.

Fishguy, I "was" on 10mg...lol...Not anymore. The 24mg is working so much better... :-)

Tam, thank you for all your help. And yes, I am on my way. I just have to figgure out a way to not crave a cig when I wake up and after I eat a meal...Those are the only times I crave really bad..But, I went from a pack a day to 5 or 6 a day within around 5 or 6 hours...That in itself is amazing to/for me.

Wow, I read that entire article, and while I agree with their methodology, I do NOT agree with their assessment/conclusion.

Their entire premise is based on Nicotine, solely, which we know to NOT be the problem with (cause of) smoking addictions. There are 4000+ OTHER ingredients in cigarette smoke, with nicotine being the least addictive by-product, when compared to the other "addictive" ingredients... and nicotine does not cause cancer (unless you only believe gov't propaganda)!

Electronic cigarettes (vaporizers) provide cessation success by targeting three fronts... Nicotine, visible-mouth/lung-filling-vapor, and hand-to-mouth repetition. Nicotine alone is not the reason they work, as this has been assessed in countless studies on nicotine patches and nicotine gum, and their abysmal failure rates in smoking cessation.

They did, however, nail one major flaw in patches/gum... their nicotine levels are inferior to the nicotine delivery-rate of smoking (or e-cigs). If the study is suggesting only 50mg levels are "effective", then why are patches and gum limited to 1/10 those levels (or less)? Conspiracy, perhaps?

I smoked for 30 years, and am quite sure my nicotine-intake-levels were far and above 24mg rates, but e-liquid's 24mg levels were too much for my system when I started vaping... mostly (assumed) because smoking is also delivering an anesthetic to the mouth/throat/lungs, to allow for higher nicotine levels (without burning/choking you to death).

I've been smoke-free since the day I started vaping, and settled at 18mg juices to stave-off cravings for the first 6-monhts. I'm now at 12mg for my daily-vape, but keep 18 and 24mg around for high-stress times, or times when I can only take a few hits every couple hours (to keep my nic-levels even). In the evenings, I drop to 3mg or 6mg juices about an hour or two before bedtime, and I sleep much better, and don't have horrible cravings in the morning because I reduced my nicotine levels before sleep (gradually), rather than a sharp-drop, which will always cause cravings or dehydration-headaches when you wake up (same as caffeine, sugar, chocolate, alcohol, etc.).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks for the replys. I took everyone's advice yesterday and went to a local B&M. Picked myself up a bottle of 24mg. Guess what happened. All afternoon, evening and night went by and I didn't even want a cig !!! It was the nic level just like you all told me. Thank you all for your advice.

Fishguy, I "was" on 10mg...lol...Not anymore. The 24mg is working so much better... :-)

Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...

My first 5 juices were 24mg.

In a pinch, I bought two bottles at the store which were 12 and they are treating me just fine, I think I may go down to 12mg and see how that holds up.

I'll probably do a mixture of the both, and start high, then work my way lower.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd start, and I di, with an 18 mg juice. You can get the 24 mg strength, but I don't think that's necessary. I was a pack a day Reds smoker for years and stopped completely with an 18 mg juice. Vaped the poop out of it at first, but now I'm dripping with a 6 mg juice. VAPNG ROCKS!!!

What Comp said. :)

Here is a rough estimate:

24 mg of nic is roughly equal to full flavor cigarettes like Marlboro Reds.

12 mg nic = Marlboro Lights

6 mg nic = Ultra lights

Keep in mind that these are just guidelines and are not exact, but it will give you a ballpark to start in. :)

I was a pack a day Marlboro Light smoker but I started with 24 mg of nic until I got off the analogs for several months. Then, I dropped it down to 12 mg for daily use. Now, I'm all over the place. When I can't vape very often I go to 24 mg so I can take a few draws and I'm good for a bit. During a "normal" day, my go-to is 12 mg. At night when I'm chain vaping to my heart's content I'm now dropping it down to 6 mg so I don't get too much nic. YMMV.

That's pretty spot on! I smoke(d) Marlboro lights. 24 mg, I could literally only hit it twice and I almost felt high but then sick. 12 was perfect. I bounce between 6 and 12.

Give it time. When you start to smell, breathe and sleep better you will be more persistent on giving up the stinky sticks.

I literally noticed this with just a half day of Vaping. Especially cigarette smells . It blew me away. Then at the end of the day someone sat next to me with honey bbq fritos and I was wowed.