Innokin Itaste MVP V2 - Please educate VT!

So my vaping batt history so far began with a eGo-T at 900mah, followed by a ego-c twist at 1300. Both were most likely clones. After that came a 1300mah EVOD twist, which was my standby until this morning, upon which i discovered i had made the classic mistake by fallling asleep holding it, resulting in the expected... :crybaby:

I couple hours later, i was en route my B+M, expecting to pick up a vision spinner. Instead, i walked away with the itaste, as it was also within my budget, had far better materials and features, can charge other devices, and came packaged with an extra tank and such. Seemed like an excellent deal to me on a product i had long had my eye on.

That being said, i need some tutoring in its proper use, in particular operation of the VVWW, the feature being untrodden ground. At the moment, I have a KPT2 mini and a KPT3 fitted with an adjustable intake collar, both with 1.8 resistance atomizers, plus the iclear tank.

The owner showed me its basic operation, but i need some info from the fine folks here on the actual meaning of VV versus WW and the ideal setting for different resistance levels. Please feel free to add any other relevant info :yes

Thanks in advance vapers!

VV means the battery will fire at the voltage set regardless of the resistance of your coil

VW means you can set it where you like it and it will automatically match the voltage with the resistance of the coil to produce a consistent vape regardless of the resistance.

VW was cool to me at first but when I realized I only was going to use one resistance I have just used VV from that point forward.

I vape at 3.8v with 1.8ohm coils which is roughly equivalent to 7.5-8.0 watts

VV means the battery will fire at the voltage set regardless of the resistance of your coil

VW means you can set it where you like it and it will automatically match the voltage with the resistance of the coil to produce a consistent vape regardless of the resistance.

VW was cool to me at first but when I realized I only was going to use one resistance I have just used VV from that point forward.

I vape at 3.8v with 1.8ohm coils which is roughly equivalent to 7.5-8.0 watts

Followed your advice and took it up to 7.5w, definite improvment

Do you know of any resistance to Volts/Wattage conversion charts? if they exist

BCarter has it right...

All of the juices I vape taste best between 7.5W and 9.0W, and I do use different coils (1.5, 1.8, 2.0), so I use VW mode and set leave it at 8.0W or 8.5W for weeks on end. Regardless of which tank I pop on it (dual-coil or single-coil of any resistance), the device will auto-adjust the Voltage to provide the same vape experience for all of those tank/coil combos.

Now, when I use my Russian 91% on my MVP, I do switch to VV mode and lock it at 3.9 or 4.0V.

The unit will remember both settings and you can switch back and forth between the two by just pressing the "P" or "U" buttons one time (to display the puff counter for that setting) to make the swap between Wattage or Voltage control, respectively.

It will take a little time to find your sweet-spot for your juices, but honestly, using VW mode for most people makes it easier to dial-in, and works best if you have several different tanks or use different resistance coils. Even if you're like Bcarter and use only one style tank and stick with one resistance coil... using VW mode will compensate for an older (gunked-up) coil which has increased resistance as it ages... it will apply more voltage to maintain the same Wattage throughout the life of the coil, thus maintaining a more consistent vape, longer.

Followed your advice and took it up to 7.5w, definite improvment

Do you know of any resistance to Volts/Wattage conversion charts? if they exist

HERE is a good online calculator... just enter two variables, and it will give you the other values

I also charted out sweet-spot values (as well as limitations) for the MVP a few months ago -- Red values are outside operation-limits, blue are within operation-limits, and green are generalized sweet-spot for most juices or personal preferences:

Here is one based on Wattage setting:

VoltageChart_zpsde31650d.jpg

Here is one based on Voltage setting:

WattageChart_zpseb260e53.jpg

And... the operational-range:

WattageRangeCurveGraph_zps733b9ff0.jpg

Edited by Earthling789

HERE is a good online calculator... just enter two variables, and it will give you the other values

I also charted out sweet-spot values (as well as limitations) for the MVP a few months ago -- Red values are outside operation-limits, blue are within operation-limits, and green are generalized sweet-spot for most juices or personal preferences:

Here is one based on Wattage setting:

VoltageChart_zpsde31650d.jpg

Here is one based on Voltage setting:

WattageChart_zpseb260e53.jpg

And... the operational-range:

WattageRangeCurveGraph_zps733b9ff0.jpg

Thank you so much guys, this is exactly what i was looking for and even more in depth than i couldve hoped. You two exemplify what makes this community so helpful and tight knit :clap:

I always use the Wattage setting. It is just easier. I understand watts. With volts you have both the variable of volts and resistance to take into account. With watts, it is just watts.

I run Nautilus BVCs almost exclusively, and run them at the maximum 11 watts. This works great with my juice and vape style.

Another thing to remember is that you can use either watts or volts, not both. I have run into a lot of people (expecially at the B&Ms) that think you can set them both. It is impossible, you are either in wattage or voltage mode. Not to mention that it does not work with Ohm's law.

I like running watts as well. Not that I don't know how to adjust things, I just find that 15 watts is my preferred setting for flavor and vapor in my APVs. My wife runs at around 6-8watts and is quite happy with that. She doesn't understand settings so watts are perfect for her.

I love my MPV. It is my all day, all the time rig. I have never come up short on capacity. It lasts forever, even at 11 watts.

I am reaching a point in my vaping life where I would sacrifice a bit of capacity for versitility and power. I would like to find a small, cheap (but good), upgrade. I would like to replace my mechanical for the nights I am on the road, and be able to use it all day at 11 - 15 watts with the tank. My go to build is a .4 - .6 ohm in my drippers, so probably anything that will fire that low, and run possibly 50 watts... I really don't need much more than that.

Another thing to remember is that you can use either watts or volts, not both. I have run into a lot of people (especially at the B&Ms) that think you can set them both. It is impossible, you are either in wattage or voltage mode. Not to mention that it does not work with Ohm's law.

Correct, you can use either/or, not both at the same time... BUT, yes, you CAN set both to where you want them and it will remember the setting, so you can switch back and forth between the modes.

I leave my Power setting at 8.0 or 8.5W and my Voltage setting at 3.9 or 4.0V. When I want to switch (based on the tank/RTA I'm using), I just hit the appropriate button (P or U) and switch modes.

Correct, you can use either/or, not both at the same time... BUT, yes, you CAN set both to where you want them and it will remember the setting, so you can switch back and forth between the modes.

I leave my Power setting at 8.0 or 8.5W and my Voltage setting at 3.9 or 4.0V. When I want to switch (based on the tank/RTA I'm using), I just hit the appropriate button (P or U) and switch modes.

You are exactly right! I have never used that feature, but will now that you pointed it out, I never realized it did that.

Please don't think I was referring to you Earthling!

It seems like every one I meet on the streets using a mvp gets this wrong! I have only encountered 3. 2 were B&M employees, and 1 a hotel clerk. Each one had a nautilus on them and I asked them what settings they are running them on. The guy I asked at the vape shop a few weeks ago told me he was running 5volts and 8watts. I had my app on my phone, so I asked him where he got a 3ohm coil for a nautilus. He said it isn't it is a 1.8 ohm. I just had to smile. The guy next to me kinda snickered under his breath....

Didn't think that at all, Jason...

I just wanted to further clarify your statement to point out the fact that it does remember your last settings, regardless of which mode you're on :)

It drives me nuts when people (especially those in the vape-shops) think it is possible to set BOTH Wattage and Voltage (at the same time) on a VV/VW device... it's one OR the other... It's a lot like people thinking you can use a dimmer-switch on a light-bulb to use less Voltage, but still maintain 60W output at the bulb :wallbash: (yes, I know a dimmer switch does not alter the Voltage... it increases the resistance, lol, but this is how far too many people perceive how they work)

Edited by Earthling789

You are exactly right! I have never used that feature, but will now that you pointed it out, I never realized it did that.

Please don't think I was referring to you Earthling!

It seems like every one I meet on the streets using a mvp gets this wrong! I have only encountered 3. 2 were B&M employees, and 1 a hotel clerk. Each one had a nautilus on them and I asked them what settings they are running them on. The guy I asked at the vape shop a few weeks ago told me he was running 5volts and 8watts. I had my app on my phone, so I asked him where he got a 3ohm coil for a nautilus. He said it isn't it is a 1.8 ohm. I just had to smile. The guy next to me kinda snickered under his breath....

He must have meant 8 volts and 5 watts! :wallbash:

LOL!

Please don't take me wrong. I don't think that everyone who vapes should know ohm's law and how to use it. (it is handy though) I do think if you are working the counter of a B&M which sells rebuilding supplies, and helping people in the transition from ego's to mechanical, it should be a requirement!

Of course I am a little weird, the last college course I took, I had bought the textbook, read it, and completed all the exercises a week before the class.

Edited by jasonculp

OMG This topic is brilliant. I never knew about these functions on my MVPs. I sorta in my electronically challenged mind, thought that it was like screwing a 100 w light bulb into a 12 v socket. It wouldn't do much because of not enough volts. But discovering I wasn't just adjusting watts to voltage and vice versa, but changing on which the unit was functioning. (Not sure I said that right) or whatever I'm doing, has given my MVP more dimensions than I even knew it had. It has made a big improvement in flavour and vapour production. Amazing! Thanks so much to all who provided this info. I shall study all these posts and hopefully become smarter.

OMG This topic is brilliant. I never knew about these functions on my MVPs. I sorta in my electronically challenged mind, thought that it was like screwing a 100 w light bulb into a 12 v socket. It wouldn't do much because of not enough volts. But discovering I wasn't just adjusting watts to voltage and vice versa, but changing on which the unit was functioning. (Not sure I said that right) or whatever I'm doing, has given my MVP more dimensions than I even knew it had. It has made a big improvement in flavour and vapour production. Amazing! Thanks so much to all who provided this info. I shall study all these posts and hopefully become smarter.

took the words out of my mouth. you guys went above and beyond what I was expecting when i started this thread. Many thanks, i feel like i know my MVP inside and out now.