The VTC4 Challenge.

Uhm E! Oh wait.there's is no E, drat I hate when that happens.

Ya left out the part of it scaring the crap out of whoever's holding it.

I fear the next step is going to be someone shows us what could happen.

Don't worry, I hear he's a "professional."

Edited by mvince201

LMAO I choose all of the above. :D

1. Nothing, gets hot but nothing else.

The first couple minutes

2. A little smoke, a little leakage, but nothing to spectacular

Begining to vent

3. Blows sh*t everywhere like a damn volcano.

Erupts with venting gases and sparks fly

4. Boom.

Ends by shooting of the platform like a small rocket

We are supposed to Vape safe everyone, be an example to others of how responsible we are and show our best side as responsible vapers.

As much as we are having fun w this thread, I Dont know that we're putting our best foot forward to the general public that we are responsible adults if we "try" to blow up batteries?

Right now w the ever watchful FDA on our butts, maybe this isn't the best idea???

We hear about the dangers of ecigs and dispute the validity of exploding batteries, then we show videos of trying to blow them up?

Maybe not a super idea.

I'm being a spoiler I know but safety first. My .02 cents worth is all.

There is a point behind this other than blowing up a battery. It is to show the dangers of even a trusted Sony battery. They can short and can be catastrophic when they do. I think people get complacent about safety to the point where it's "Oh I have a Sony so I'm safe." Yes and no. They can fail and this will show that. It is about safety not just blowing up a battery. Yes here we are just joking a bit, but the video will be serious.

If it was just to watch it go boom I would understand. But there is a legitimate reason for the experiment like comp said. So I'm for it. I can't find any videos of a Sony battery venting and it would be really nice to know what would happen!

I think a test like the one that was recently posted with the TrustFire, it would probably end with the same result.

I'd love to find out, but I am down to one vtc4 and have no intentions of sacrificing it for the sake of finding out.

I'll just treat it as if the same thing would happen to that battery as what happened to the trustfire.

I have 1 that is at the end of it's rotation life. It also has had some juice get between the wrapper and battery. Though this will not harm the battery, I feel it would be the best one for this test. I will be doing this test in about 1 hour. I have a staging area set up for it and the battery has a full charge of 4.22 volts. I will be posting the video tonight in the other thread with the Trust fire battery. I will need time to get it reduced and edited so please be patient as I get this done. :)

I have it set up away from anything that could be damaged including myself. I will be watching via a security cam that is connected to my computer inside a building. I have no intention of being close to this. The only thing that may be in harms way is my Tablet that I will be shooting the video with.

Started at 7:13 my time. It is now 7:21 and it is starting to vent but very little. Stepped out to have a look... May have just my vapor I was seeing, but the casing is noticeably darker.

7:27 wondering if I have good contact, but will not go out again till at least 8:00. I'm treating it as a lit firework that has not fired.

7:47 No change just the case darkening and I can see the heat distortion so there is contact.

8:00 calling it and stopping the experiment to test it with my meter. If it had good contact it should be totally drained.

Tested and still at 4.22 so there was not contact, trying again

Well been trying to get good contact and no luck. Every time I get contact, it melts the jump wire. I used a piece of very think wire this last time and it sparked then that was it. I need to re think the method of shoring this out that is quick and will hold the shorted connection.