help me reach 2.0 ohms

jsr27

You should never be GUESSING when building coils. Just saying.

What are you wrapping your coils on? What is your twist pitch? Where is your ohm meter? Why do you need to be at 2.0 ohms? Why did you twist your wire to get to such a high ohm? What are you building on?

Edited by mvince201

I have taken the time to create my own charts in Excel. I use blunt needles to build mine and don't always use the standard single wire builds. That way I have a quick reference for what I build. Both Steam Engine and Vapers Tool Box are great apps to get started with.

Twisting wire basically cuts your ohms in half, if you want 2.0ohms you will need to just use regular single strand kanthal. A technique I find without having to waste wire is to just put the leads in the posts with some slack, ohm check, as soon as you get it to 2.0ohms you cut the excess on the leads and all you have to do is fit the length of the slack into whatever coil you are wrapping. I hope that makes sense.

6 wraps of 32ga on a 1/6in drill bit will give you exactly 2.0 ohms in a Kanger pro tank

He's trying to build a dual coil, not a single. That's if I remember correctly he said this in another thread. :)

Edited by Tameiki

He's trying to build a dual coil, not a single. That's if I remember correctly he said this in another thread. :)

Then it would be dual 12 wraps with 32g. You will need some pretty thin wire to hit 2.0ohms on a dual coil build, or wrap two sixes in series....although that seems a bit drastic.

Then it would be dual 12 wraps with 32g. You will need some pretty thin wire to hit 2.0ohms on a dual coil build, or wrap two sixes in series....although that seems a bit drastic.

It would need to be even smaller gauge wire so that it fits into the KPT dual coil, not even an RDA or RBA or RTA. :)

You should never be GUESSING when building coils. Just saying.

Maybe I'm taking this wrong but this reply really bugs me. All the dude asks was how many wraps to get to 2 ohms because he's wasting wire trying to guess how many wraps will get him there and still fit. Instead of offering advice you bombarded him with questions assuming he has no idea of what he's doing.

I think we've all guessed when building coils and that's how we all learned. Hell, I couldn't tell how many wraps of anything is good for what resistance. But, I build and then measure ohms and build again. Through trisl and error I know what works for me, for now. I'm always trying new builds and guessing if it's going to work for me and my tastes. I understand the importance of safety and take precautions as I'm sure he does.

Edited by robv1978

If we Dont ask questions then how do we answer properly??

Doing research checking ohms is how someone learns??

If you look around the forum you will see multiple posts and people attempting to answer questions, the same questions repeatedly.

Many links were given many answers, to the same question.

The responses were not "bombarding" him at all. But perhaps the forum was getting bombarded with the same questions in duplicate threads.

Safety is a huge issue and perhaps if by now the answers couldn't be understood, maybe it is a safety issue???

Perhaps you took the replies wrong.

In order to do a dual coil at and end up with approximately 2.0 ohms you will need 2 coils at 4.0 ohms. I think what would happen in order to get this would be 2 coils that would not fit into a Kanger head. I think the best way to do this is just go with a single coil at 2.0 ohms. If you want dual coils I think you will want to change the Target to a 1.0ohm or 1.5ohm end result.the only other way to get a dual coil setup at 2.0 ohms would be to go with a RDA so you have room to mount them.