Beginner mod ?'s

chud

I started vaping a few months ago with and EVOD glass starter kit. Next, I got an ego twist, vision spinner 2, and a few different tanks (aerotank mini, miniprotank 2, and an aerotank). Now I've gotten to the point where I would like to get a mod. I saw a post where someone mentioned the hcigar nemesis mod which looks like something I'd enjoy. I like the size/shape/price, not positive about the button position though. I don't think I feel like doing the whole rebuildable thing, and know very little about atomizers. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to start with this. I assume I will need the mod, pretty sure my aerotank will fit it, but would also like to get an atty (is this dripping?). I don't mind spending some money. I realize I'm going to need a few things, but would rather not spends hundreds of dollars on a mod. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

You can use a MOD like the Nemesis with your AeroTank (or any 510 threaded tank)... no need to take the step to a rebuildable atomizer until you're ready. But, if you do someday decide to take that next step, you'll have a MOD capable of handling the power required for sub-ohming (as long as your battery can handle it)...

Now, when you get a MOD, you also have to consider the cost of at least two, quality batteries (proper size/type) and a quality charger. Depending on where you're buying these things... you could easily invest anywhere from $60 to $100... and $100 could buy three Vision Spinner 2's or a couple Innokin MVP 2.0's :)

Not trying to discourage you in the least, just trying to give you some perspective on cost. Personally, I'm getting ready to buy a Copper Penny mod, myself, and I'll be using my KPT2's and AeroTanks with it .... I've no desire to dive into rebuildables (yet).

Unfortunately, they are chud. But it is not hard as it seems. It does require lots of reading at the beginning. I went through the same progression like you are going through now, and stuck with kanger tanks on mech mods while researched batteries, ohm's law and watched lots of video tutorial on coil building and wicking until such a time that I felt confident enough to do it.

I am still learning and I just do basic dual coils... no fancy coild builds for me yet. :)

Just to add to what earthling said above, go for IMR Li-ion batteries, and it does not hurt to get ohm/volt meter. It's handy to have even with kanger tanks

Edited by iQuit

Are all dripping atomizers rebuildables?

No. They are most certainly NOT. :)

Like Joe said above, there are several different direct drip atomizers out there that will not break the bank and they're not rebuildable. There are bridged and bridgeless atomizers in 510, 901, 306 (I don't think I left any out but I might have...). At the Vapor Talk store you can get a basic but good quality 510 atomizer that is fairly inexpensive to try.

If you're getting an atomizer I would strongly suggest getting a drip shield from Empire Mods to cover it. Make sure it says "EGO" in the name so that it will cover the eGo threads on your Twist and/or Spinner. Atomizers tend to have a natural leak (air holes) in the connection end and you'll find juice running down your fingers and battery. Not fun. :D

Just regular direct dripping has a learning curve. An HH.357 is my atomizer of choice but it has a learning curve even for experienced drippers. I always recommend a regular atomizer to start. Plus, the HH.357 is around $22 and $24 for the custom made while the 510 atomizer can be anywhere from $3.50 - $9 or so. :)

As for mods, I've put my RDAs aside and use them with my KPT 2/3, Anyvape Davide and Aerotank. Listen to Earthling, he gives good advice in his post above.

Unfortunately, they are chud. But it is not hard as it seems. It does require lots of reading at the beginning. I went through the same progression like you are going through now, and stuck with kanger tanks on mech mods while researched batteries, ohm's law and watched lots of video tutorial on coil building and wicking until such a time that I felt confident enough to do it.

I am still learning and I just do basic dual coils... no fancy coild builds for me yet. :)

Just to add to what earthling said above, go for IMR Li-ion batteries, and it does not hurt to get ohm/volt meter. It's handy to have even with kanger tanks

No, they aren't. :)

I can hurt not to get an ohm meter. If you're rebuilding coils, for safety's sake, a dedicated ohm meter should be the very first thing on your shopping list even before you buy anything or do anything with wire!

So, after making this post I decided I had to have the hcigar nemesis. I figured I'd go ahead and get the stuff to make a RDA, I know at some point ill want to try. I got an hcigar nemesis and omega RDA, 28 and 30 gauge wire, ecowool wick, ohm reader, Sony vtc5 batteries, and a charger. I'm pretty excited, should have everything in by the middle of next week.

Any tips or suggestions before I get started? How long can I expect a coil to last?

Thanks

Coils last a lot longer when they're built watch pbusardo videos they clean up fast & easy.a coil has lasted.me.two weeks the only reason I took it out was because I wanted to build another its fun.

Personally I love the magma its amazing on taste easy as can be on building and has deep wells for juice. Not spend either.

Nemesis is really a nice mod. Good choice.

I Dont even use a standard tank anymore I build a coil on my Russian and it lasts indefinitely.

Nice part is if changing juice you clip the wick rewick and its a fresh setup. Amazing. Inexpensive and fun.

Its not difficult at all.

I stand corrected. :)

HH.357 and other cartos are the OG drippers. I am actually intrigued with HH357 now that I watched the video... someday maybe.

We all learn different things every day. :)

Here's another lesson. Atomizers and cartomizers (cartos) are different. Cartomizers are atomizers with a filler material inside. These are not made for direct dripping like an atomizer, which has no filler material inside so you drip juice directly onto the heating coil. The flavor difference between the two are amazing. With the carto, in my experience, you get a muted flavor. The atomizer gives you a more true flavor of the juice because it's not filtered before it gets heated.

Here's another lesson. Atomizers and cartomizers (cartos) are different. Cartomizers are atomizers with a filler material inside. These are not made for direct dripping like an atomizer, which has no filler material inside so you drip juice directly onto the heating coil. The flavor difference between the two are amazing. With the carto, in my experience, you get a muted flavor. The atomizer gives you a more true flavor of the juice because it's not filtered before it gets heated.

I use a BOGE carto when I'm working in the yard, cutting grass, or under the hood of my cars... less bulky, looks good on a smaller battery (650mAh or smaller), it doesn't hold a lot of juice, but I use them mostly because there is no danger of breakage if I drop it or bang it around! Brian pointed out their usefulness to me a couple months ago, and I picked up 30 of them (love lots of spares/backups) for about $20, shipped.

Tam's right though... the flavor in a carto is muted, compared to an atomizer... but they do have their purpose...

Be careful that's how it starts lol,

I know! I think I may now have a problem. lol

My S.O. was giving me dagger looks when a couple more packages arrived yesterday. It went like this:

Her: You got more stuff? Do you really need all that stuff.

Me: Sweetie, I like your new pumps... compliments your calves really well. Are those new? They look expensive.

Her: It was on sale!!

Me: So are these.

My research on vape gear did not go that far back. lol

For us newbies, it is a generation away. Man that HH.357 are bit pricey (for me at least), but justified since it US made.

Thanks for expanding my knowledge. :thumbup:

Amen! You know all that $$ you're saving by not smoking... Weeeeellllllll... it's gotta go somewhere :devil:

I know right. When I calculated what I am saving this year from analogs and going back all the years I puffed stinkies, It hit me. I could have bought a decent mid-sized car, maybe an entry level luxury car even.

I'm not into new shoes or clothes, I like Vape stuff.

her shoes will last a while.. lol, make her feet hurt, vaping makes the house smell good, health better.. OK you Dont need help.

I'm hoping eventually to have no more I wants...

Dont see that in the near future though. Sigh