What's your "go to" battery?

Christopher

Hi Folks,

I've been popping in and out of some of the sub forums as we look to expand our product line in the Vapor Talk store. I'd like to get some feedback on the most popular used batteries.

What is your go to battery? (Brand, Model Number) I appreciate the feedback! :)

For my mech mods and APVs I prefer Sony VTC 4, VTC 5, Panasonic NCR 18650.

For the plug and play my go-to is the Vision Spinner in 900 and 1300 mAh. The jury is still out on the Vision Spinner II. :)

I prefer the LG1865HE2 for my 18650 cells. It's a 2500mah 30amp pulse, 20amp continuous discharge. I use it in my dual 18650 dna30's and my Reo's. Will generally last 4-5 hours in my reo before I notice a change enough to make me swap in a fresh one, in my dna30 devices, which are dual 18650, it's 2+ days.

Sony VTC-5. I run Purple E-fest's a lot and conducted a few of my own tests. I honestly don't see why so many talk down on them. Mine hit hard, never get warm and last for hours. Might stock a few of them! 35 A constant discharge and either 60 or 65 A pulse. I can't remember honestly. They have been reliable for the 4 months I've had them

I don't run any replaceable battery MODs at the moment, but I do use Sony and Panasonic 18650's for other high-drain applications.

My real go-to's for vaping are my MVP 2.0, and my non-VV 1100mAh eGo-T batteries (in that order) over my VV eGo's, but I'm enjoying "simplicity" these days :)

I use a pair of ICR 18350's 900mAh that came with my vamo... they fire it the fastest and strongest.

my go-to for a single battery is my orbtronic IMR 18650 2900mAh button top. It lasts the longest of my trio of battery setups.

and lastly use an AW 2000mAh 18650 button top as well in the vamos.

my buddy also uses the orbtronic IMR 18650 button top 2900mAh batteries in his magneto mech mod.

I only use sony vtc5 in mech mods. Mainly because that's the biggest safety concern and they aren't that expensive. When you shop around you can usually find pairs for $20. Totally worth it. They'll do really low sub ohm builds and no issues with getting hot and venting. For my VV/VW devices I like the efest button top 18650 batteries. I get days of use on a full charge. At least 2 days of heavy use.

The only reason I don't care for the efest purple 35A 18650 is because they are just rewrapped batteries from other manufacturers. Mostly sony vtc4 or LG batteries. Those companies don't rate them at 35A continuous so it's really Efest doing that on their own and I can't see why other than the fact the competiton rates their's at 30A continuous and 35A sounds like it must be better. In truth if you look at all the unbiased battery test data out on the web for top mech mod batteries nothing really pulses higher and runs higher amps continuous than the vtc5.

efest-purple-2500-35a.jpg

I've been using these with good results. They're inexpensive & provide plenty of headroom for any (comfortable/functional/realistic) load I'm currently vaping on. On the low side, I shoot for ½Ω builds, which puts my discharge current at roughly 8½A on a full charge. You could go down to .12Ω with these (if the advertized rating is accurate).

Edited by Rixter

I only use sony vtc5 in mech mods. Mainly because that's the biggest safety concern and they aren't that expensive. When you shop around you can usually find pairs for $20. Totally worth it. They'll do really low sub ohm builds and no issues with getting hot and venting. For my VV/VW devices I like the efest button top 18650 batteries. I get days of use on a full charge. At least 2 days of heavy use.

The only reason I don't care for the efest purple 35A 18650 is because they are just rewrapped batteries from other manufacturers. Mostly sony vtc4 or LG batteries. Those companies don't rate them at 35A continuous so it's really Efest doing that on their own and I can't see why other than the fact the competiton rates their's at 30A continuous and 35A sounds like it must be better. In truth if you look at all the unbiased battery test data out on the web for top mech mod batteries nothing really pulses higher and runs higher amps continuous than the vtc5.

I ended up emailing efest to clear up everything on the purple efest 35a. They sent me over a few pics of the cells, casing and then compared to the Sony. They are not the same battery thankfully

However efest may be fine, its personal choice.

Efest is not a battery manufacturer themselves, so they purchase batteries from manufacturers, Sony and samsung.

Quality control may differ, its a constant debate, no need to continue IMO, I personally.would only purchase what I believe.to be safer more reliable batteries from the producers.

I feel safer in quality control.

Just my .02 worth[emoji4]