FDA Admits E-Cigs are Safer than Smoking

Joshuab3687

They may come around to the realization that PV's are safer than tobacco, but, I believe, that won't stop them from trying to tax the crap out of the juice side......there's too many dollars flying around that they're not getting their greedy hands on. I may be wrong, but I've been told their intentions are to tax a bottle of juice the same as a carton of cigarettes. Greedy !$^&*$^^!!!

Lmao

And you better believe it they'll be taxing it big time. Shortly, I imagine. Shame, really. It'll be taking away an important incentive to quitting cigs.

The government, bought and paid for by big-tobacco and big-pharma, has no interest in anyone quitting. If they did, ANY alternatives or cessation method of your choice would be cheap as dirt, and probably given away by every health-department, hospital, clinic, or doctor's office across the country, just like birth-control!

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing something that is helping me, and countless others, be healthier end up taxed to the point that its pure insanity. What a joke.

It's all about "equality", with some industry being more equal than others...

A week's worth of smokes - $40... a week's worth of Juice - $15... so the gov't, in their infinte wisdom, and pressure from tobacco lobby, work to tax and regulate vaping until juice costs 300% more, or $45 for a week's worth ... Then we have a "level playing field" for alternatives, which does not give advantage of one over the other... unless of course you count the extra $5 for vaping juice, which the gov't is okay with, because the juice is not as bad for you as smoking... so you should pay more for the healthier alternative (so they say)!!

I could care less about equality.

I can support safe vaping, juice production, precautions around pets and children....

Oh well.

Looks like next on my list after quitting smoking is quitting vaping...

Well, the FDA admitting e-cigarettes are safer is pretty positive.

Unfortunately, no move, as the article implied, on the big issue of approving every device introduced after Feb 15, 2007; The sole issue that could pave the way for Big Tobacco, with their deep pockets, taking over the entire market.

• 1 month later...

They may come around to the realization that PV's are safer than tobacco, but, I believe, that won't stop them from trying to tax the crap out of the juice side......there's too many dollars flying around that they're not getting their greedy hands on. I may be wrong, but I've been told their intentions are to tax a bottle of juice the same as a carton of cigarettes. Greedy !$^&*$^^!!!

Agreed! There is a lot of tax money to be made from both e-juice and analogs... No matter how the debate goes the government will profit!

I've heard that the cig companies are trying to get in on the profits now too with their own products... but I'm not entirely sure :hope: Personally I wouldn't buy from them because they

a) already have too much $$ and I'd rather support the new up and coming companies

b ) literally sold me poison with a smile for years (but i was dumb enough to buy it)

Edited by TheRealKaty

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...