Anyone know any home remedies for pimples?

I've got this one really irritating pimple on my chin, probably from eating my pizza like a slob a couple days ago, and I want it to go away! I wash my face in the shower everytime I shower with deep clean scrub and it still won't decrease in size or stop hurting. I don't want to just pop it because I'm afraid it'll scar. Anyone know of any home remedies that help with this kind of malarkey? :/

bcartervol98, on 17 May 2014 - 2:31 PM, said:bcartervol98, on 17 May 2014 - 2:31 PM, said:

My wife is hot, way too hot for me lol. She pops em all the time.

I used to but I popped one about a year ago and it ended up scarring. It's still there. It's probably 90% faded though but that's why I'm afraid to pop em'. :wacko: If they're anywhere else I'll do it just not smack dab in the middle of my face. Lol.

Edited by Roxabox

O you guys, eeew toothpaste is a good one though..

Toothpaste helps draw out the excess oil. The white pasty ones work best. :)

For scars, use Scar Zone. It won't work quickly but it does work -- usually takes about a month's worth of constant use unless the scar is really dark or big.

I've got this one really irritating pimple on my chin, probably from eating my pizza like a slob a couple days ago, and I want it to go away! I wash my face in the shower everytime I shower with deep clean scrub and it still won't decrease in size or stop hurting. I don't want to just pop it because I'm afraid it'll scar. Anyone know of any home remedies that help with this kind of malarkey? :/

I am guessing that the deep clean scrub you are using is abrasive. It will just irritate more. You should only use am exfoliating scrub a couple times a week on your face. If the pimple is sore and irritating I am guessing that hormones are playing a pretty role with this one and it might be best to ride it out. Pop it if you must, I would. lol

As a daily face wash, I use Kirk's Original Coco Castille soap. My grandmother used it. I ignored her recommendation many years ago. I paid for it. I started using it about a year ago and my face and body has been very happy. No weird breakouts anymore.

As for the on the spot treatment a crushed up aspirin mixed with a bit water helps as well.

As a daily face wash, I use Kirk's Original Coco Castille soap. My grandmother used it. I ignored her recommendation many years ago. I paid for it. I started using it about a year ago and my face and body has been very happy. No weird breakouts anymore.

As for the on the spot treatment a crushed up aspirin mixed with a bit water helps as well.

Where do you get Kirk's Coco Castille soap, BD?

Where do you get Kirk's Coco Castille soap, BD?

Walmart. A 3 pack of bars for about $4, my mom usually picks it up for me. It has coconut oil in it. So nice for our dry climate. http://www.kirksnatural.com/about-kirks-natural/

I just want to add that it is not greasy. Rinses very well without that added residue.

Edited by BirdDog

Thanks. We have Krogers/King Soopers (same company) and a Wal-Mart too. Will look for it next time. I need all the help with the dry skin department that I can get. :)

It is not a cure all and I do have to still use lotion.

My brother-in-law used to work for Johnson & Johnson in the UK. When they would visit, they would bring bags of stuff from the company. There was an Aveeno body oil wash and it was awesome. Made the shower a bit slippery but worked great! I have yet to find it in America and looking at their site, it might be discontinued.

This may sound really weird, but I use hair conditioner and a loofa (or those plastic coil things) on my legs. It really works well. I came to this conclusion because of my hair. I have curly hair and I don't use shampoo. I scrub my head with conditioner only. It really helps keeping it in check and the frizz. So I thought why not use conditioner on my really dry parts. It really does work. I do use shampoo about once a month when my hair feels really icky.

I don't have the self restraint to hold back, I'm a big time popper, quitting cigarettes has given me a few really good to skwoosh lol.

I've always had really good luck with this stuff http://www.clinique.com/product/1572/4792/3_step/Step_1_Cleanse/Facial-Soap/Our-dermatologists-soap/index.tmpl , just have to be careful not to get too strong as the extra strength is too strong for my skin. I use like the 12 mg e-liquid equivalent, they have an 18 equivalent if that makes sense. 24 mg equivalent would probably be STP Injector Cleaner on a sponge.

Edited by charliestheman