Mechanical problem with e-go model

Hey, so I've been vaping for about a year now, but I'm still fairly new to the mechanics of it.

So, I have a problem with my e-go; located between the battery and tank, where they screw together. I'm sorry if this isn't the place to post, I've tried some forums, but so far I haven't got any help.

When I bought a new tank from a different brand; in the screwing place (sorry, I have no idea what it's called) there was a metal ring fitted around the the inside wall. I have no idea what the purpose is, but when unscrewing the battery, the ring moved, and became slanted from the bottom to the top. I tried moving it back in place, but it no longer seems to fit, it must have been bent or something. I ended up removing just the ring, and screwed the battery back in. Everything fits fine, and the e-cig seems to still work, but I was wondering if it's okay to just keep the ring out, or if there was something else I should do. So far the only differences are that the battery screws in easier, and dragging requires a lot less force, but is a bit louder, it sounds like boiling water, kind of raspy. Lastly, the vapor seems to taste burnt after several drags, but not that badly. So yah, my question is just if it's okay to continue use, or If I should do something else, and if so, what?

Thanks, and I'm glad to be joining your community!

Sounds like your talking about what we call a beauty ring, screws on just to cover the outside ego threads, and your using a tank that uses the inside threads aka 510s. It's okay to leave it off, some tanks perform better with it, some without....your choice...

Crappy pics man!

Sounds like your talking about what we call a beauty ring, screws on just to cover the outside ego threads, and your using a tank that uses the inside threads aka 510s. It's okay to leave it off, some tanks perform better with it, some without....your choice...

Crappy pics man!

Thanks man, sorry about the pic quality though, I had to use my webcam, it's my only way right now, plus it was the easiest, so I didn't have to plug my camera in.

Yeah the CE4 doesn't use the beauty ring. Scrap it.

You might want to consider switching to an EVOD bcc (bottom coil Clearomizer). Much better performance and uses a pro tank coil that is pretty inexpensive.

The CE4/Stardust clearomizers are notorious for burnt tasting flavors and mediocre to downright bad performance in a short amount of time. You'd be much better off taking Bebop's advice and getting a better tank. :)

The CE4/Stardust clearomizers are notorious for burnt tasting flavors and mediocre to downright bad performance in a short amount of time. You'd be much better off taking Bebop's advice and getting a better tank. :)

I agree, the CE4 tanks are okay, IMO, but don't last very long. They are disposable and handy to have around though :)

Like BeBop12 said, move up to a bottom-fill tank with replaceable atomizers and you'll probably be happier.

I'm a fan of Kanger tanks (prefer glass models), but everyone has a preference. If you like the 510 threading, check out iTaste's iClear series of tanks, but I think you'll really enjoy the original EVOD, EVOD2 Glass, Pro Tank 2 mini or PT3 Mini models as well. I have all the tanks I listed and really like the way they vape. For your pen-style eGo battery, try the 1.5 ohm dual-coils (for PT3 or EVOD2), as they seem to work better with the eGo pen-style batteries. If you go with single-coil tanks (like the PT2 mini or original EVOD), I've had good luck with 2.0 and 2.2 ohm coils on eGo pen-style batteries.

1.8ohm coil in a Davide Mini (single coil) is the best vape I have found personally, but everyone likes something different. Second would be KPT 2 single coil. You guys can have the dual coil stuff, I prefer to pay $1 a coil and they do everything I need plus no need to clean coils at that cost.