Newby Question - Can I buy a pre made quad coil build or a cheap pre made for superior vapor and cheap cost?

I also have a RDA that im still not sure about. Its at. 5 ohms and I tried it once and with 24 nic it about kills me. But I still dont feel safe using it. I like my kfl+ it's 1.5 ohms so I know im safer, even on my mech. I am still learning and understanding ohms law. Its a must.

When you get into RDAs you need to lower that nic level otherwise the throat hit will blast your tonsils. Talking from experience here. :)

To the OP:

In four more days I'll have two years of vaping under my belt. I'm very familiar with Ohm's Law. I've also rebuilt car engines back to factory specs. I'm no stranger to which end of the wrench to use. That said, even after all my experience when I got into RDAs (and I own a K100), I'm still learning. I built quite a few coils now, tested them on a dedicated ohm reader specifically made for e-cig parts as well as a Fluke meter to make sure I've got everything done right.

The wick is what's got me stumped. I've youtubed the hell out of it and I'm using the correct batteries to make sure it's safe to use with the ohms the coils are at. And still no clouds. As a matter of fact I get more clouds out of my Anyvape Davides than I'm currently getting out of my RDAs -- so much so that I have to turn on a fan to clear the vapor in the room.

Everyone is telling you to put safety and experience first because we've all been there, done that. No one wants to see you get hurt, and it's a very real possibility if you're not familiar with vaping and all the safety aspects that go with it.

Just my two cents. You'll do what you want.

Ok, I'm done.  Good luck to you!  You WILL need it.  I tried....   Only you can decide what's best for you... and you have your mind made up no matter what we say.  It's the safety that keeps us here to help ppl that want to learn, and to enjoy our vapeing experience.  This is about being healthy, not harming ourselves like anyone who used analogs has done in the past.  Good evening and good luck.

Don't waste your breath ( or key strokes) Fish. It's painfully obvious that this kid is ignorant and not going to listen to reason. Just let him get hurt, and he will wish he listened. U can't help stupid, but ignorant is a choice.

Don't waste your breath ( or key strokes) Fish. It's painfully obvious that this kid is ignorant and not going to listen to reason. Just let him get hurt, and he will wish he listened. U can't help stupid, but ignorant is a choice.

The problem with that is, every dumbass kid that gets hurt from these things takes us one step closer to federal regulation =(

We all tried. I'm not going to let myself get so ticked off that it screws up my day or night over his issues. I'm not his parent, and none of us need that agrivation. Hopefully he takes something from all this and makes good choices. If not, nothing we say will change that.

After reading the thread again, why not just get an MVP 2 mod and an Aspire Nautilus glassomizer type tank.

It would fit the bill and make pretty decent clouds. Personally, I haven't bought an RDA yet that came out of the box with a good coil. The coils and wicks are consumables, like fuel filters and petroleum in an automobile. But with a tank like the Nautilus Aspire, which some of the experts are rating as one of the best tanks with premade coils due to the performance, you can have replacable prebuilt coil units already wicked and everything. They even come in 5 packs.

Since you don't want to learn about batteries and things you definitely want something like the MVP 2.0 with a built in non removable battery with regulated power and safety cutoffs. It's non harm proof but there's less of a chance of screwing it up or having a bad vape due to poorly built coils.

Every rebuildable RBA/RDA that I've ordered so far had really poor factory coils included with a lil baggy of parts to make my own properly even if I didn't have wire and cotton balls. None of the stock coils worked as well as my $5 cartomizers although with a non regulated battery it may have been different, defniitely wouldn't have lasted longer than a few days though until it needed replacing.

The problem with that is, every dumbass kid that gets hurt from these things takes us one step closer to federal regulation =(

I know, and I tried to explain that to him in my first post, but he just won't listen. It sucks that it could fall back on the vaping community, but it is what it is. If he wants to jump in the ocean without knowing how to swim, thats his choice. We tried to help but he doesn't want real help, he just wants to blow clouds. Like I said, ignorant is a choice.

:facepalm:

I been vapeing for a year now, and just in the past few months got into RDA's and RBA's and before I started I did a lot of research, and watched the guys at the vape shop, and asked questions as they built coils. I had a real good understanding on every aspect of rebuilding, Ohms Law, Airflow, wicking, battery amperage, etc. I still get stumped on wicking sometimes, sometimes its too tight, too loose, what have you. I sub ohm a lot, but never below a .2, and I test everything before I fire the device, even inspect the battery for any signs of leakage, damage, discoloration, etc.

There is a certain level of safety and awareness that you develop over time, that you will miss if you try to jump right in. That is why everyone is preaching safety, safety, safety. We preach safety cause most of us, has had that bad experience that we don't want you to have. I have never had a battery explode, but I have done other things, like forget to lock my fire button and it fired with my finger and thumb on the coil.

I'm guessing at this point OP has left the room, if not the building.... But what Iheart said is a good example for anyone looking to get into the deep end of the pool IMO. Ppl are human! We make mistakes.... The difference between a mistake and not a clue is the fact that you do everything you can to avoid them. It's on us/you to decide whether or not to try and avoid things that can be avoided by knowledge.

Hey comp... ever had your wicks catch on fire before?.... LOL... I did that once... dry cotton, and a little juice on the post, poof... no damage just stunk to high hell, and scared the crap outta me. (that was my first few attempts at a RBA) I still don't like RBA's unless its a kayfun style, wont mess with my RSST anymore... lol