Sony US 18650 VTC5 High Drain 30 Amp 2600 Mah

Tom74

Hey, I just ordered my first mechanical mod (Nemesis Clone) and im getting ready to do the sub ohm thing with a Nimbus RDA clone. Ive read that these Sony VTC5's are the way to go as far as sub ohming with an RDA and in a mechanical mod such as the Nemesis.

My question is, are these batteries safe to use in microprocessor mods like an iTaste 134 or will they fry the circuitry because they are 30 amp or any other reason?

Share the knowledge!

Thanks!

The VTC3s and 4s are on special on vaporjoe's today with a coupon code, $10 and $11 a pair and some change I believe. They might always be that cheap some places, but figured I'd mention it just in case even though they aren't the VTC5s you asked about, in case they can be used as backup in a mod or something.

The VTC3s and 4s are on special on vaporjoe's today with a coupon code, $10 and $11 a pair and some change I believe. They might always be that cheap some places, but figured I'd mention it just in case even though they aren't the VTC5s you asked about, in case they can be used as backup in a mod or something.

Thanks for the heads up. I found a pair of VTC5's on ebay for 20 bucks, free shipping.

Thanks for the heads up. I found a pair of VTC5's on ebay for 20 bucks, free shipping.

When they get in (if you already ordered them), make sure to check that they're authentic. There are reports that some batteries from eBay are not authentic and could possibly be dangerous. Sorry to be a downer but it's better to be safe than sorry later.

The vtc6 is out. Just hard to find. It is the great white buffalo of batteries lol

No. I am not buying anything more. Not right now. I do not need more batteries no matter how good they are. Uh-uh. No way. *stern look*

Where did you see these, by the way? :blush:

No. I am not buying anything more. Not right now. I do not need more batteries no matter how good they are. Uh-uh. No way. *stern look*

Where did you see these, by the way? :blush:

Be prepared for many links ;)

I just got the VTC5's in the mail today... There the real deal. I was using efest 2000 mAh 3.7's before.

I threw the VTC5's on the soda charger, took em like 3 1/2 hours to charge. When I popped one in to my nemesis mechanical mod and screwed on my nimbus RDA dual coil build (.5 ohm soaker) and added 70VG/30PG to my RDA I got consistent FAT TASTY CLOUDS!!! Haven't experienced a drop in battery performance for about an hour and a half now. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

A cloud chaser has been born! :guitar:

Edited by Tom74

Ever since I got this Nemesis mechanical mod and the nimbus RDA and went to sub ohms, i've pretty much shelved all of my regulated mod devices.

I wish I would have know about mechanical mods from the get go. I could have saved myself a couple a 100 bucks.

Regulated mods dont have half the balls as mechanical mods!

Edited by Tom74

Ever since I got this Nemesis mechanical mod and the nimbus RDA and went to sub ohms, i've pretty much shelved all of my regulated mod devices.

I wish I would have know about mechanical mods from the get go. I could have saved myself a couple a 100 bucks.

Regulated mods dont have half the balls as mechanical mods!

Ya sadly my DNA Devices don't have half the balls, they have three times the balls with no voltage drop off! :) Edited by Proetus

Ya sadly my DNA Devices don't have half the balls, they have three times the balls with no voltage drop off! :)

LOL! I guess thats my next step down the proverbial rabbit hole! :detective:

Ya sadly my DNA Devices don't have half the balls, they have three times the balls with no voltage drop off! :)

I checked out some DNA devices online. I guess there ok if you have an extra $350.00 to blow...

I got my nemesis mech mod clone for 23 bucks on ebay and I bet with my dual coil RDA I can give a DNA device a run for its money as far as flavor and vapor production.

For an hour :D They aren't all 350. Look around the forums.

I got a pair of VTC5's so it doesnt really matter, If I notice a difference in battery performance all I have to do Is swap the battery with a freshly charged one... Much rather do that than blow a couple hundred bucks on a device that will extend my battery life for a little while longer. Plus, I can go down to a .2 ohm coil with no problems.

Edited by Tom74

For anyone who is on a budget and wanting a QUALITY mechanical mod here's a Link to the Nemesis mech mod clone I bought off ebay for 23 BUCKS! Its a Quality clone, had it for 2 weeks now and no problems whatsoever! I also included the link to the nimbus RDA clone. The seller has re drilled the stock air flow holes with a 5/64 bit for max performance. These 2 items are a gret combo with the Sony VTC5's.

Nemesis Clone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321402115412

Nimbus Clone:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251439610845?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Pair of authentic Sony VTC5's (21 bucks no charger)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231183504497?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How to set up your Nemesis Clone:

Edited by Tom74

• 3 weeks later...

Using my nemesis clone with igo W right now. About .53 dual coil and I only use sony vtc 5. Pretty good setup. Like an old chevy pickup truck. When I really want to get down though I pull out the v3tronix flip mod and brass monkee rda. It's the ferrari in the garage. They all drive you around the block, just about performance and looks beyond that.