Kanger Heads

Yes, they are supposed to be 1.5ohm dual bottom coils.

I sure hope these aren't counterfeit because one is from a very well known online dealer and the other is from a very well known local lounge.

Did you buy them individually or in a package?

I looked up the evod2/kpt mini 3 heads, they don't look like the ones you have. Completely different from the kanger heads with the knerald post on top.

Yes jeff, I know I spelled that wrong.... lol

Edited by fishguy1123

The ones pictured and the ones that both Kevin and I have all have the silicone insulators. That is what I am thinking the main issue is. The silicone is a much softer material and I think thats why they get damaged easily. I can't remember where I read or saw this, but I remember hearing that Kanger switched from rubber to silicone on their heads because people were complaining about being able to taste the rubber. I've pulled one apart before and the silicone does seem pretty soft. I'm glad that others aren't have the same issues because I do really enjoy the Kanger tanks that I have.

I don't know. I'm not convinced it's the insulator that is causing the leak.

The center hole shoots right up to your coil. If it's leaking anywhere it's going to leak there first. The insulator is just keeping the center post from shorting out to the outside of the coil head.

It's more likely a coil wrap problem or a wick problem.

I also can't imagine how that insulator would get damaged anyway. It doesn't come in to contact with anything but the coil head housing. And even if it did rupture it's not a liquid seal, it's an electrical seal. The liquid is just going to come down the center post.

Are you sure the coil head is screwed all the way down in to the base? There could be a burr in the threads preventing a good seal.

Edited by Bebop12

Ok very dumb question but it needs to be asked. Are you screwing the coil into the base tightly? The reason I ask is a couple friends at work got KPT 2s at my suggestion and said they constantly flood and leak. It was because they were not screwing the coil into the base and just sitting the coil in the tank and screwing the base on top of it.

I get mine as tight as my fingers will allow and find that works best for me. Not sure if this will help but felt it worth mentioning.

I experimented a bit last night with these and found that in all the heads I have had issue with it is indeed the insulator that shows any damage. I even put in a new coil and chain vaped it to try and pull juice past the wick down past the air flow into the battery connection, not a dry hit or any liquid made it past. I agree that the insulator shouldn't be a liquid seal and that any issue should be with the upper o-ring as that is where the seal is actually made. Really not sure whats going on here guys. The only thing I can think to try is ordering a few of the rubber insulators, rebuilding the coils, and trying that. Other than that, my only recommendation would be that with Kanger heads, less is more. Put them in, and don't pull them out until the coil is bad and then replace them. That way there is not way they can get damaged.

I have the protank mini 3 and have had absolutely no issues with it at all. I even removed a coil from one of my heads just to see what would happen and ended up using it for a week with no leaks or problems. I'm lead to believe that you are receiving counterfeit heads.

I have the protank mini 3 and have had absolutely no issues with it at all. I even removed a coil from one of my heads just to see what would happen and ended up using it for a week with no leaks or problems. I'm lead to believe that you are receiving counterfeit heads.

Really? From two different sources?

Must be hard to avoid if this is the case. Can't imagine either source intentionally doing this.

Really? From two different sources?

Must be hard to avoid if this is the case. Can't imagine either source intentionally doing this.

Honestly I have not bought enough of them to tell you. I just know that the ones I buy have never had a problem like that, even after messing with them. Like the others said, I believe the only way liquid could be getting to your battery is through the wic/coil or a bad seal at your 510 connection.

I have had my tank do the same thing before but that was due to accidentally removing too much of the wic, thus letting liquid drop down the center post.