Hanah Mod DNA20 now at FT!

Keep in mind, you get what you pay for.

Based on what I already know about similar boards like the Seneca 30W, I seriously doubt that the Chinese copy of Evolv's DNA boards will be anything less than an abysmal failure.

Some of the video's that I've seen plastered on VaporJoe's website show a real DNA board hooked up to an oscilloscope, but NOT the Hana clone itself. That's a sure sign of fraud and a weak attempt at fooling the ignorant.

The Seneca 30W was nothing less than a POS!

I had 4 of them tested by independent analysis and they all came back as utter garbage.

I expect to see the very same results, or very similar, in the Hana copies because the board inside is Chinese made....just like the Seneca controller (nope, it's not Korean made).

However, the Hana enclosure copy looks to be quite solid and should provide builders with an EXCELLENT box for the real McCoy!

At a mere $25/ea all freight/fees and taxes included....they should be a huge hit!

But anybody that actually bought the finished device....well....don't expect much. You might just get a generic 3-15W actual output or worse?

Well I went ahead and ordered one... I don't have high expectations, nor do I honestly expect it to be anything spectacular. I will let you guys know how it is though when I get it in about a month!... lol

Yeah, let us know how that goes. I'm sort of interested if I could replace the board with a real DNA.

Interested to hear how these pan out. One of the guys at my local B&M has one that is a clone and he has been using it for awhile now. He said it works well but the top button sticks from time to time. Thankfully it isn't the fire button that sticks!

I was considering the 30 clone. But then I started thinking about how regardless of how it worked, it would still be a clone. And the guys at Evolv have really revolutionized this industry in my opinion starting with the kick and Darwin, and I believe will continue to do so. I decided in the end, I'd want to buy a genuine DNA 30 product to support Evolv and have the real thing, so buying a clone and then a genuine would be more expensive than biting the bullet, buying the real thing and being done with it.

Edited by charliestheman

To each their own, I just cant spend the crazy amount of money on something, especially if a clone can do the same thing. (Not sure if this clone is even any good yet) However if it is, and it does the same thing, spending that extra money on an authentic to me is a waste, cause then your just paying for the brand.

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally received mine, and after only 2 days this is what I have to say about this clone from FT.... DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

It looks good, but that is about it. Barely 24 hours into having this, the mini USB port broke free from the epoxy that was holding it in, their is something either faulty with the wiring connections or the board itself, it will randomly detect my atomizer as like 4 or 5 ohms which will adjust the voltage output based on my wattage setting to something super high, resulting in a super burnt taste, thats when it actually wants to detect the atomizer at all.

I think for a mod like this, the only route to go would be authentic. (that's something I NEVER say, so that should tell you something about this clone)

So I finally received mine, and after only 2 days this is what I have to say about this clone from FT.... DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

It looks good, but that is about it. Barely 24 hours into having this, the mini USB port broke free from the epoxy that was holding it in, their is something either faulty with the wiring connections or the board itself, it will randomly detect my atomizer as like 4 or 5 ohms which will adjust the voltage output based on my wattage setting to something super high, resulting in a super burnt taste, thats when it actually wants to detect the atomizer at all.

I think for a mod like this, the only route to go would be authentic. (that's something I NEVER say, so that should tell you something about this clone)

Does the DNA 20 clone require you to press the fire button to wake it up out of hibernation, then press it again to fire it? I read about the DNA 30 having that problem but it might be unrelated to the Chinadna 20 chip.

Does the DNA 20 clone require you to press the fire button to wake it up out of hibernation, then press it again to fire it? I read about the DNA 30 having that problem but it might be unrelated to the Chinadna 20 chip.

Yeah it does but it doesn't bother me, you don't have to push twice it just won't fire till it wakes up. I usually hold the button for a sec before taking a pull anyways.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines