using e cig to quit chewing tobacco

sorry ive been away guys but ive been in hospital for a severe staph infection. no fun but must say my ecig has been a life saver. they actually let me vape in my room at night and it has been going good as I have not had access to dip so the ecig has been my "go to" thanks for all of the encouragement and suggestions. hopefully I'll be out of here soon and finally kick the dip

Actually, the nicotine is far faster into the blood stream by vaping. The lungs are an oxygen exchanger. When you breathe in, your lungs are re-oxygenating the blood cells that make its way first to the heart, then immediately to the brain and the rest of the body.

The immense nicotine rush from dipping is due to the MUCH higher levels of nicotine. If you were to vape that high of a nic level, you'd most likely get sick, or worse.

There's a reason for chewing tobacco having such higher nic levels, other than creating an addiction to it. Chew manufacturers add micro amount of abrasive agent to create tiny lacerations in the lining of the mouth. The nic is delivered to the return stream of blood to the lungs, then oxygenated via breathing, it is then distributed to the brain and body.

My advice to the OP is to get a high level of nic (24mg) juice. There are a few out there with 36, but I'd try 24 and go from there.

Just my 2 cents.

Logically you are correct but scientifically they have found otherwise. Check this out: http://www.nature.com/srep/2014/140226/srep04133/full/srep04133.html

• 3 weeks later...

I have gone from using swedish snus (spitless pouches) with great success. I still keep them around when vaping isn't convenient but I don't crave them. Am using 12mg nicotine juice. Hope this helps :)

• 1 year later...

Sorry for dredging up an old thread and reviving it but I found this through google. I much like the original poster have been 'dipping' copenhagen for 30+ years. My wife who had been a smoker for 20+ years used vaping to quit so when we went into our local vape shop this week to get her a new mod I thought I would give it a try to quit dipping. I started out with 24ml of nicotine and picked out 3 flavors from the samples. So far it seems to be working. In the last 3 days since i started vaping I went from a can of cope a day to one can lasting me 3+ days. The only time I grab a dip now is when I wake up and sometimes after I eat. Most of the time it has been accidental and just out of habit. My only problem so far is that it is burning my throat. I hope this is due to the high nic content of my juice and will get better as I move to lower nic content. Has anyone else had this issue?

19 hours ago, jerikko407 said:

Sorry for dredging up an old thread and reviving it but I found this through google. I much like the original poster have been 'dipping' copenhagen for 30+ years. My wife who had been a smoker for 20+ years used vaping to quit so when we went into our local vape shop this week to get her a new mod I thought I would give it a try to quit dipping. I started out with 24ml of nicotine and picked out 3 flavors from the samples. So far it seems to be working. In the last 3 days since i started vaping I went from a can of cope a day to one can lasting me 3+ days. The only time I grab a dip now is when I wake up and sometimes after I eat. Most of the time it has been accidental and just out of habit. My only problem so far is that it is burning my throat. I hope this is due to the high nic content of my juice and will get better as I move to lower nic content. Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes high nic will give that sensation but also high PG content in your juice will do that.  You can try increasing the VG content of the juices you use (use juice with higher VG like 60 or 70%).  Gradually dropping the nic will help over time but dropping too fast might not satisfy you.  Congratulations, and good luck. 

23 hours ago, Bebop said:

Yes high nic will give that sensation but also high PG content in your juice will do that.  You can try increasing the VG content of the juices you use (use juice with higher VG like 60 or 70%).  Gradually dropping the nic will help over time but dropping too fast might not satisfy you.  Congratulations, and good luck. 

Thanks for the response! I will find out the pg/vg ratio next time I go in for refills.

• 9 months later...

My last dip was 31 days ago. I started with 24mg of juice and am already down to 6mg. The first 3 days were hard but once I found "the right flavor" of juice it got easier. I rarely crave dip now and when I do I just hit my vape and know I'm getting the nicotine I need and the craving goes away. 

Ps I tried everything to quit dipping with no luck. Vaping has literally been a life saver to me!

On 3/25/2016 at 1:18 PM, jerikko407 said:

Yes the burn is from the higher nicotine. I quit dipping after 20 years. I started at 24mg of juice and was down to 6mg 30 days later

Jerikko, how is your dipping going today?

2 hours ago, ExDipper said:

Going well, I am completely tobacco free and have been since a few days after my first post here. I am now down to 16mg of nicotine and could probably drop down lower if I really wanted to. How about you? Are you still dip free?

58 minutes ago, jerikko407 said:

Going well, I am completely tobacco free and have been since a few days after my first post here. I am now down to 16mg of nicotine and could probably drop down lower if I really wanted to. How about you? Are you still dip free?

That's awesome man! It's so good to hear. You have been dip free a lot longer than me and it gives me even more hope! I am dip free for 30 days and plan on to keep trucking on. Vape was my only saving grace.