using e cig to quit chewing tobacco

I know I'm in the minority here but I just started vaping to try and quit chewing tobacco(dip) ive been dipping for 10 years now and have turned to ecigs to hopefully finally quit. a good friend of mine who owns a vape shop got me set up with a evod batt with aspire bdc tank. I'm currently using five pawns gambit 6ml and wake & vape 18ml. I use the 18ml throughout the day and the 6ml gambit at night as a "flavor treat" so far my dipping has been less but I'm still having cravings. has anyone else used vaping for chewing tobacco replacement? so far I love the ecig and have really enjoyed it , I'm just hoping I can quit the dip all together and spend my extra $ on ecig related purchases. I already am wanting to upgrade my ecig but am trying to wait until my goal is reached so it will be a "reward"

You're having cravings because your nicotine levels are too low. My SO chews and he says the amount of nic he gets from his Skoal is so much more than a regular cigarette. I'd go with 24 mg of nic juice for during the day.

Even when I was smoking (Marlboro Lights), I needed the extra nic to get totally off the cigarettes so I started with 24 mg and worked my way down when I was ready.

Maybe give it a try?

I used Copenhagen for 30 Years and actually stopped by accident.

I was the type that never spit and swallowed the juice so my nic needs were high. One day I tried a Blu cig as I like new things and tried vapingfor enjoyment. At that time I did the Blu and chew with no issues. But my aunt told me about her new vapor setup from a new shop that opened locally.

Know my nic needs I went with 24mg juice, I LOVED VAPING with a good spinner and evod.

My problem started soon after as chewing and vaping 24mg juice started making me nauseous.

I enjoyed the vaping more so I didn't need the chew almost immediately.

That was about 1 year ago and I don't miss the Cope at all.

From what I've read a can of chew has about 4 packs of smokes nicotine in it, swallow it and it's even more.

I don't want to suggest you should get the strongest juice you can and vape to the point you can't chew anymore. But that's what worked for me. I had a chew in my mouth anytime I was awake except for eating and sleeping.

My vaping is the same way in that my PV lives in my hand and I pretty much chain vape.

Good luck, even tho my stopping was by accident I think it would be much harder to purposely try and stop.

I think dealing with dippers may be differant than dealing with smokers.

For me chewing/ dip can put more than 4x+ nic into your system. imo dipping and swallowing is like comparing crack users to herion users.

It is that serious.

But what got me threw it all was pushing my nic level to the point I couldn't take no more.

I had to choose between dip or vaping and vaping is so much more enjoyable.

I can say this rather lightly as it happened by accident instead of purposely.

Btw, don't poke a giant gorrilla!

Edited by Dasfriek

I like poking gorillas, he takes my harassment well, mostly just laughs at me and tells me the cute stuff his kids do.

If however I can give him some thoughts to think about later...

He gives me grief back so its all good.

And he started it.. famous last words I know.

though I have only dipped for 10-12 years, sounds like we are/were in the same boat. I dip can a day,all day and also swallow. I have already fell in love with my ecig and also find it more enjoyable than dip. I honestly think I'm dipping just out of habbit now. I just need to learn to let the ecig do its job and quit reaching for the dip. for me, the hard part is, I feel weird if I don't have a dip in. congrats on your quitting though. that gives me some hope

My brother and a good friend of ours actually got off chewing tobacco by vaping, I tend to think that its more about finding that one juice that you really like that really convinces you that you don't need the tobacco anymore, fore my brother it was the fact that his breath didn't stink any more and he feel self conscious about his breath around his girl friend and the fact he was getting sores in his mouth from the tobacco. Just my .02 good luck with your quest.

thanks for all of the advice. I didnt realize they sold no nic chew. I'll definitely see if I can find some as I think that will help. like I said, I think with me, its more so just feeling I need chew in my mouth more so than the actual nic fix

I usually didn't miss the chew until I had a few beers, it seemed odd not having it in my mouth.

If the high nic levels of chewing and vaping together hadn't made me nauseous id still be chewing as I wasn't looking to quit. I had to stop chewing so i could enjoy vaping.

Finding a really good juice you like may be key also. Mabey looking at vaping as a fun hobby so it stays fun and enjoyable may be a big help.

I'm just throwing out anything that caused me to stop as I don't think it will happen on purpose so easily.

I'd still be chewing if I had thought to get a zero nic juice.

I used to dip some, but I mainly smoked analogs. When I started using my ecig, I still kinda wanted a cig or dip, but I just didn't use either for a few days and my cravings went away. Good luck, it can be done. Most of us on this forum are proof. Going with a higher nic level will def help more.

I think not matter the routine, dipping with the feel in your cheek, or analog smokeing with the hand to mouth, the hardest part is replaceing that habbit. Nic is Nic, and you can find a way to replace that easily vapeing, but the habbit.... That's an idividual journey. If you can find a way to satisfy the ritual, you will have a great shot at vapeing to get free from dipping! Good luck! We're here for ya!!!!

Right now your going from a product that administers nicotine with rediculous efficiency (dip) to one that delivers nicotine more gradually (ecig). You could get your fix with just the ecig but you would most likely have to suck on it 24/7 to be satisfied.

The difference is comparable to drinking a light tea versus expresso to get a caffiene fix.

Try cutting the size of your dips in half for a couple days while using your ecig more as a supplement to reduce cravings. Once you get used to that, stop dipping and make sure to use a 24 mg liquid.

Right now your going from a product that administers nicotine with rediculous efficiency (dip) to one that delivers nicotine more gradually (ecig). You could get your fix with just the ecig but you would most likely have to suck on it 24/7 to be satisfied.

The difference is comparable to drinking a light tea versus expresso to get a caffiene fix.

Actually, the nicotine is far faster into the blood stream by vaping. The lungs are an oxygen exchanger. When you breathe in, your lungs are re-oxygenating the blood cells that make its way first to the heart, then immediately to the brain and the rest of the body.

The immense nicotine rush from dipping is due to the MUCH higher levels of nicotine. If you were to vape that high of a nic level, you'd most likely get sick, or worse.

There's a reason for chewing tobacco having such higher nic levels, other than creating an addiction to it. Chew manufacturers add micro amount of abrasive agent to create tiny lacerations in the lining of the mouth. The nic is delivered to the return stream of blood to the lungs, then oxygenated via breathing, it is then distributed to the brain and body.

My advice to the OP is to get a high level of nic (24mg) juice. There are a few out there with 36, but I'd try 24 and go from there.

Just my 2 cents.