New Here

mbggz03

Hey,

Well I kinda went into the whole e-cig fad abbout a year or 2 ago... and an ego by joytech.. got bored with hit and now wanting to get back into it. I noticed there has been a lot that has changed since my departure lol. Clearomizers? I guess it's just a cartidge that you can fill and then you have a head that sits inside of it that create the vapor that you inhale? I remember just using cartomizers... anyways. How often should I replace these heads... are there difference types of heads to get a bigger hit or more vapor? Someone got a good tutorial on how these new things work? Please point me int he right direction. What's the best site to get this stuff from? E-Juice etc.. for a reasonable cost.

Thanks in Advance

I think basically I just got tired of constantly filling cartomizers.. twice a day.. or running one dry to the poitn to where it would taste burnt. I figured maybe something witha clear cartomizer would kind of let me have a good judging on where I stay on my fluid level. I want something with a good amount of throat hit, low maitenance, and an abundance of addons etc.. something that will grow with me... if i decide i want to up the ante. A good bang for the buck... something that is good value for the price.. but will be able to be added onto later.. like MODs or whatever.. but i dont wanna get into the confusing stuff right now.

There's no guidelines?

That is the guideline: start at the lowest voltage/wattage setting. Vape. If it's not giving you the flavor and vapor you want, turn it up a notch. Vape again. Turn it up, lather, rinse, repeat until you get a slight burnt taste. Turn down a setting and that should be the sweet spot for that juice and that atomizer/clearomizer.

I would guess that if you're useing coils/heads that are in a std range 1.8-2.5 you should be ok playing with the v/w settings to find what you like without burning the coil up. It's just a matter of getting the best vape for you and your juice.

Hi, and welcome to VT!

I agree with everyone that has said start low and turn the settings up until it tastes burnt, then turn it down one.

You can also use this chart as a reference, if you know the resistance of the heads - this chart will give you a better idea of the range of voltage you should be using. http://www.vaporsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/power-vaping-chart-lg.jpg

Here is a more indepth set of charts that also include wattage, and other variables such as number of coils, etc.

http://imgur.com/a/bGb1r#XUvOL0w

Do these things cause cancer like I hear

Life causes cancer. Eating burnt popcorn will cause cancer, Eating BBQed food will cause cancer, Eating burnt marshmallows from roasting them over a fire will cause cancer... There are no cancer causing agents in E-Liquid. That being said, the only time I have heard this is from those that have not ever done any research on E-Cigarettes. Or, those that appose anyone even using an e-cigarette because it Looks Like smoking.