New B&M - Custom mods?

I went to a new B&M that opened up not to far yesterday and I was pretty impressed with the selection and quality of his stuff. He mixes his own liquids, and claims that he is about to sign a national contract to be sold in 3,000+ shops, he carries a large selection of tanks, mods, accessories and is very knowledgeable.

When he realized I knew a little bit about vaping he brought out a black nemesis and chi you, to me they looked very similar to black chrome, but he claimed they were black iridium coated - I work in sheet metal manufacturing and I had never heard of that kind of chemical film before for metals. Has anyone ever heard of a black iridium coating for mods? He said they were custom manufactured for him, and he was selling them fast. Reason I'm curious is because the black chrome finish available on lots of mods seems to wear off very quickly, and I'm wondering if the same thing would happen with the nemesis and chi yous he has. I asked him to text me some pictures of the two mods and I will post them up on here in case anyone is interested in seeing them, or purchasing them.

I walked away with my very first dripper (nimbus) and 15ml of Banana Nut Bread in 12mg mixed up fresh while I waited.

It definitely wasn't anodized, I'm very familiar with what that looks like. Actually after doing a quick google search, I think it's Black Rhodium - there are some pics of a black rho nemesis and chi you.

Black rhodium plating is quite common in the jewelry biz. I would be interested to see how well it holds up in the vaping world after a couple months of use though. My wife had a black rhodium plated ring that she had left on while working in the garden. The plating on it didn't last long.

Black rhodium plating is quite common in the jewelry biz. I would be interested to see how well it holds up in the vaping world after a couple months of use though. My wife had a black rhodium plated ring that she had left on while working in the garden. The plating on it didn't last long.

that stuff dose not hold up to oily stuff either.

Trust me Tam, if I could get it to stick, I would. I'm currently looking into a black oxide gel thats formulated for stainless steel. Got the stuff in this week. When I get home, I'm gonna try it out on a ss rod I have sitting on my workbench. If the finish holds out, I'll be coating every ss device I have! Lol

Trust me Tam, if I could get it to stick, I would. I'm currently looking into a black oxide gel thats formulated for stainless steel. Got the stuff in this week. When I get home, I'm gonna try it out on a ss rod I have sitting on my workbench. If the finish holds out, I'll be coating every ss device I have! Lol

If that stuff works and it comes in different colors I might need to look into the purple. That way everything would match the purple leopard spotted seat covers in my Impala. :lol:

Josh if I remember correctly black zinc looks amazing on stainless - it's not as shiny or reflective as straight up black chrome, but it holds up really well because it's a thicker coating and scratch resistant. You should google some images and check it out for yourself.

As far as aluminum is concerned I've been hard pressed to find anything that looks better than black anodize, especially "hardcoat" which is type III

The type II doesn't look as good on "cast" parts though.

I see what you mean about the finish. I'm a big fan of the "matte" myself, I had never heard of Cerakote before, but it sounds amazing after reading up on it.. I've got a few big boy toys that would look great with cerakote. I wonder how difficult it is to apply compared to powder coat.