Need some encouragement

tea2085

Have tried vaping at least 3 times now and have always returned to analogues. Anyone out there that can tell me how much better they feel since vaping would be really helpful to me. Also, how can I keep it simple-vaping seems to be so involving that it, kind of , overwhelms me. Thank you- Paul

"Switching from cigarettes to vaping may have added not years, but decades to your life." -My Cardiologist as he discontinued my blood pressure medicine

I also can taste food, smell things (especially how nasty I used to smell it is amazing I have been able to succeed at my chosen profession stinking so badly), and no longer require sinus or anxiety medicine that I always took daily before.

Keep it simple by buying a couple Vision Spinner 1300mah VV batteries and 2 Kanger Pro Tanks and a few coils. All you have to do is charge the batteries and fill the tank, change the coil as needed. Really low maintenance and probably less time consuming than all the trips to the store for a pack-carton whatever.

You picked a good kit from veteran vape. Just stick with it and take your time and you'll make it. You will notice changes over time. Some of those changes may not feel good at first, like more coughing and anxiety over not having cigarettes. Just hang in there and it will get better. Remember to keep hydrated. You will be detoxing from analogs so just ride it out, eat well, take your vitamins. You'll make it.

I just used mine at work first to beat a ban on tobacco and smoked in the free world. I eventually just lost my taste for tobacco. After four years I got curious and bought a pack of Camel Lights. First was not too bad second was just nasty and I gave the rest away. Nice thing about vaping is you have all the options to do things your way. Just enjoy. You don't have to make it an all or nothing proposition. Took many years to get hooked and it will take some time to get unhooked.

Edited by mcquinn

We see a lot of new vapers on this forum who start out smoking and vaping, trading off from one to the other for some time before they gradually go with vaping altogether. Like mcquinn said, it's not an all or nothing type of thing. You can vape and smoke and let things happen naturally.

For me, when I started vaping, I gave myself permission to do both. It only took five days before I was totally off the cigarettes and didn't want them anymore. Since then, I've picked up a whole new hobby: vaping. Yes, there are a lot of new things to learn. Even those of us who have been vaping for some time now still learn new things all the time.

Don't stress out that you haven't made the switch right away. That kind of thinking will only make it worse, imo. Take a count of how many cigarettes you usually smoke in a day. Then, count out that many cigarettes for yourself on day one. Vape when you want to. At the end of the day count the remaining cigarettes. How many less did you smoke that day? Keep a smoking diary so you can see the progress. If you slip, no big deal, start again the next day. As time goes by you'll find that your cigarette count goes down. Stay with it. You've got the start part down by getting some good, quality stuff from Brian. Great move there, by the way. You can't do better than Brian at The Veteran Vaper. We'll be here with you every step of the way. In the mean time go through the threads of this forum and read everything you can starting with the pinned threads. You'll learn so much there. :)

Okay, in your kit you can only change the coils in the evod tank.

The other tank is a ce4. You can wash it out, let it dry and refill but it's going to go bad after a couple of weeks.

No worries though. The evod tank is a better tank. That one take standard Kanger coils. Unscrew the base. Unscrew the coil and put new one in. Easy after you've done it once.

You can get the replacement coils just about anywhere

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how much you smoked, but I smoked 1++ packs a day. Now, I usually vape 18mg nicotine juice, but keep a bottle of 24mg juice around for those times when I feel like I'm about to fall off the horse or need to go for long periods of time between vapes. Especially, at the beginning, lately I've been fine with the 18mg juice.

Edited by belushi

• 2 weeks later...

I am one of those people who was so addicted to cigarettes and cigars that eventually I would have died with an oxygen mask in one hand and a cigarette or cigar in the other. Smoked for decades, eventually developed emphysema, trouble breathing and associated issues.

Within months of quitting, no more medications, breathing is now normal, no other issues and my pulmonary doctor can't believe it. My energy and stamina have returned to normal levels and I can now do anything I could do decades ago.

I recently had a complete pulmonary workup and testing that took several hours, and the technician performing the tests was amazed that my breathing, oxygen levels and other functions are completely normal and appropriate for my age.

I still have the lung damage, however the rest of my lungs are working so efficiently, that my functioning is completely normal. My pulmonary doctor now says "See you in a year."

All of this is from switching from analogs to vaping.

Congratulations on making such an important change; it is a life defining decision!

Edited by donmac