PayPal question.

Patricia

If I ordedr an item from a company and they send you the wrong item can PayPal help me. This is about he 4 Drip Tips that I ordered from Vape Dudes. I ordered 2 of them and a few hours later I ordered the other 2. I tried to ask them to combine shipment when I made the second order but they said they had already mailed out the first 2. Anyway, I ordered 4 out of the 6 in the tall series. The first 2 was delivered today and would you believe one of them was one I did not order. I immediately notified Daniel who said for me to mail the one I did not want back to them first class at my expense. Now I have already paid $6.00 for shipping of 4 drip tips. Personally, I feel like they should just send me the correct drip tip. Am I wrong for that? I have never send anything other then paper through the mail. What can/should I do?

Asking to send the item back is not unusual, but, being it was their error they should pay shipping IMO PayPal will more than likely not do anything for you.

I would do as mcquinn suggested and write it off or just send it in a standard envelope with a stamp. This happen to me recently when I received a colored tanks expecting clear. They were blue so I just wrote it off and keep them being that my SID is blue. The order form did not mention colors at all so I was surprised to have them send me blue glass tanks.

Unfortunately, there's little you can do regarding Paypal. Since it's such a small item I'd just send it back in an envelope.

I'm sorry this happened to you. This is just poor customer service, imo. They sent you the wrong thing, they should pay shipping back, or just send you the correct one. :(

I thought about sending it back in an envelope. Can I do that even though he said send it back first class? I could just write it off but it is ugly as sin and cost $8.00.Is there anything I should do special sending it since it is stainless steal and kinda heavy?

"First class" means it is an envelope and a couple of first class stamps (maybe even three at the most). Just to be safe I'd put it into a padded envelope. Postage shouldn't cost you more than a couple dollars at the very most. I certainly wouldn't spend the extra to send it priority.

Edited by Tameiki

First class is an envelope and a couple of first class stamps (maybe even three at the most). Just to be safe I'd put it into a padded envelope. Postage shouldn't cost you more than a couple dollars at the very most. I certainly wouldn't spend the extra to send it priority.

I would agree.

It's standard for anyone to have you send it back at your expense. When my Zmax malfunctioned, when I sent it back to Discount Vapers, my original shipping was refunded along with my purchase price. Not so when I sent my MVP back to Coast2Coast. So it depends on the company.

For what you are sending, a padded mailer should be fine. I get about half of my juice orders in padded mailers - even when they come priority.

I've had the wrong coils turn up before now but the vendor just sent out the correct ones.

I'm surprised the vendor just didn't write it off and send the correct one after all he is putting at least 40% mark up on it so the cost to him is irrelevant.

dannyk, you are absolutely right. I do not think I have ever been told to send back an item, especially an $8.00 item, that I had already spent $6.00 in shipping before they would send the correct one to me. So I just sent him an email telling him I was just going to keep the ugly drip tip to keep from having to spend more money on shipping then I already have for an $8.00 drip tip. I also told him of the previous complaint we had about GotVapes and how many forum members came forward to defend GotVapes because we had not had that experience. I also told him that now that I have experienced the poor customer service for myself and feel that there has been some kind of less then tastful change at GotVapes that it is my duty to inform the rest of the group to be cautious when ordering anything from GotVapes. Personally, I will not be doing any further ordering from them. There are far too many places I have learned to order from who sell good quality hardware and juice and GREAT customer service. Many of them we know on a first name basis and treat me very well, like a friend that they can trust because they know I keep coming back because if there ever is an issue there is no third degree. We work it out and I always come away very satisfied. I could name them, but you all already know them.

I also told him of the previous complaint we had about GotVapes and how many forum members came forward to defend GotVapes because we had not had that experience. I also told him that now that I have experienced the poor customer service for myself and feel that there has been some kind of less then tastful change at GotVapes that it is my duty to inform the rest of the group to be cautious when ordering anything from GotVapes. Personally, I will not be doing any further ordering from them. There are far too many places I have learned to order from who sell good quality hardware and juice and GREAT customer service. Many of them we know on a first name basis and treat me very well, like a friend that they can trust because they know I keep coming back because if there ever is an issue there is no third degree. We work it out and I always come away very satisfied. I could name them, but you all already know them.

I thought you originally said you ordered from Vape Dudes.

dannyk, you are absolutely right. I do not think I have ever been told to send back an item, especially an $8.00 item, that I had already spent $6.00 in shipping before they would send the correct one to me. So I just sent him an email telling him I was just going to keep the ugly drip tip to keep from having to spend more money on shipping then I already have for an $8.00 drip tip. I also told him of the previous complaint we had about GotVapes and how many forum members came forward to defend GotVapes because we had not had that experience. I also told him that now that I have experienced the poor customer service for myself and feel that there has been some kind of less then tastful change at GotVapes that it is my duty to inform the rest of the group to be cautious when ordering anything from GotVapes. Personally, I will not be doing any further ordering from them. There are far too many places I have learned to order from who sell good quality hardware and juice and GREAT customer service. Many of them we know on a first name basis and treat me very well, like a friend that they can trust because they know I keep coming back because if there ever is an issue there is no third degree. We work it out and I always come away very satisfied. I could name them, but you all already know them.

I thought you originally said you ordered from Vape Dudes.

^^ That's what I was going to say.

Well I guess they will show me to keep my mouth shut. I just sent a ticket asking about the 2 other drip tips I ordered a few hours after I ordered the first two. He sent a ticket back saying that they were delivered Christmas eve. I get my shipments at my office and we only worked till noon that day and I did not receive any package that day. I was only there 3 hours. Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Most vendors, and Gotvapes is no exception, sends an email with a tracking number so you can track your packages.

I paid for priority shipping on one that's still hung up in transit because of the Christmas backlog. Even though it should have been here by Christmas eve, it's still out there...but so are millions of other packages all over the US. I figure it's no one's fault, things happen, and it'll get here eventually. According to tracking it's in Denver now.

Stamps.com said it was delivered on 12-23-13. But I was at work all day 9am to 5pm and nothing was delivered. I tried calling all the numbers they have listed but I get recordings that are not helpful. I guess I am SOL. Terrible way to start my new year. I liked those shinny drip tips so much I bought an antique hand carved trinket box to keep them in. I also bought special stainless steal cleaner and cleaning rags for them. Now to find out I bought $40.00 worth of drip tips that I will never get. I'm totally bummed out over this.

Stamps.com said it was delivered on 12-23-13. But I was at work all day 9am to 5pm and nothing was delivered. I tried calling all the numbers they have listed but I get recordings that are not helpful. I guess I am SOL. Terrible way to start my new year. I liked those shinny drip tips so much I bought an antique hand carved trinket box to keep them in. I also bought special stainless steal cleaner and cleaning rags for them. Now to find out I bought $40.00 worth of drip tips that I will never get. I'm totally bummed out over this.

No, you are NOT SOL. First off, did you insure the package? Probably not, since it was just drip tips, but did they mail them out Priority or First Class mail? If they mailed them Priority, there is an AUTOMATIC $50 insurance on the package. How much did you pay them for shipping? Talk your local carrier - when they get to where you work, have them stand there while the receptionist brings you down, so you can ask if they remember. Likely, they won't, since it's a business, unless it's a smaller business. Tomorrow, you get on the horn to the post office that would have been responsible for delivering to you, to the post office that received the shipment from the vendor, and don't stop hounding. And double check your account, and see if it was Priority shipping. If it is, the post office has to reimburse you. Double check around the office just to be sure it didn't get directed to someone else, but chances of that are slim.

EDIT: I should say, likely your carrier won't remember if your business regularly receives packages.

Edited by spydre

Thank you Spydre. I had just given up and this has really brought me down but reading your post this morning has put a fire under me. I really had no clue as to what to do when the vendor says "It's their fault, go ask them" and THEM are just machines who can't do squat for me. But I am going to do what you suggested above. I live in a pretty large town so I am sure the post man wont remember especially since I am having packages delivered at my office almost daily. But it is worth a try. I can't just give up. Thank you Spydre.

Thank you Spydre. I had just given up and this has really brought me down but reading your post this morning has put a fire under me. I really had no clue as to what to do when the vendor says "It's their fault, go ask them" and THEM are just machines who can't do squat for me. But I am going to do what you suggested above. I live in a pretty large town so I am sure the post man wont remember especially since I am having packages delivered at my office almost daily. But it is worth a try. I can't just give up. Thank you Spydre.

Okay, first off, stamps.com is ONLY how they print their postage, rather than renting a postage meter from the post office. Even the number that stamps.com gives you for tracking, you can track at usps.gov. EVERYTHING that's mailed goes through the postal service, and stamps.com's tracking is linked to the usps tracking system.

Don't give up hope, sweetie.

First off, how big of a town are you in? Granted, two days before Christmas, there are a TON of packages going through the post office. But depending on how much mail the business that you work in receives on a day to day basis, or rather, how many packages the business receives, the carrier might remember if a package came through. It's a long shot, since you are at work, but it might work out.

Don't give up, sweetie. Not yet.

Other people, help me out - almost every vape web site I've seen, including Chi-Town Vapors, has on the website that sometimes the USPS makes mistakes and if they lose the package or whatever, it's the postal service's fault, and they (the vendor) aren't responsible. HOWEVER, when we first started vaping, we ordered a sample pack from Chi-Town. I'm sure hubby didn't spring for Priority Shipping. Tracking showed it arriving at the local Post Office, going out for delivery (something my mail carrier denies ever seeing, and she's good and trustworthy), going back to the Post Office, and I can't remember what it said after that, but I think it said forwarded, but not where it was forwarded to. Anyway, it was literally lost in the Post Office Building. Hubby contacted Chi-Town, and they immediately sent out a replacement package (no shipping insurance purchased, either). We got the replacement package, ironically, on the same day that our carrier brought us the ORIGINAL package. She and someone else had been "on the hunt" for this package, because forwarded usually means put in a place where a change in address form can be applied and then sent to the new address, but no destination was put on forwarded, and a clerk entered it, not the carrier, so something weird happened to it. Anyway, Chi-Town was lovely and replaced the package no questions asked - but we also had tracking info that SHOWED that it didn't reach us.

With her tracking info being WRONG, what would her recourse be?

Sorry for this experiance. Gotvapes is a Texas based company in Sugarland. I ordered a mod from them not realizing i could have just drove fifteen minutes and saved a weeks time and shipling fees. Lol. Never the bad experiance but that may be because i live in Houston and its a Texas thang. Who knows. Better luck next time.

Jeff, the office I work in consists of 6 women and only one lady other then myself vape so I cant imagine any of them stealing that package, Me and a secretary are receiving packages almost daily and this has never happened before. I followed Spydre's suggestions and eventually had to speak with the mail carriers supervisor who said she was going to do all she can do to help me track it down. That was on New Years Eve so maybe I will hear something by tomorrow.